Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JSA] [ In reply to ]

Trying to get banned for Digital Blackfacing on your first post of the day, eh? Strong work, counsellor.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]

Sure I can see that. But I think the guys that say that to him genuinely like him so that's why I see it as more of good natured ribbing. But yeah harsh.

I don't think the guys that use Kleenex to address Ken really like our respect him so to me it's used to mock, deride and shut down the conversation.

Like most of this stuff it's open to interpretation.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JSA] [ In reply to ]

JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
klehner wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Klehner has been dubbed Kleenex.

He’s crying about it in another thread.

Seems very apropos to me.

For the record, I'm not crying about it (and you can look it up). I'm trying to figure out why people are using a middle-school level of mockery, right up there with "Obummer", "Shrillary", and the like.

Hey. I am the guy that everyone calls moose fucker. I feel like I am right right person to tell you that you really need to lighten up.

To be fair, we only call you moose fucker because you fuck moose.

That’s sooooo mature, dick cheese.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [spudone] [ In reply to ]

spudone wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
I actually had some, like, real work to do for the last several hours. Did they really get banned, and for what? Mr. Duffy and I and several others were communing with Lieutenant Dan over on that comportment thread earlier today. Now this?

Funny, I thought you were just a bot that mirrors google news headlines onto the LR.

Why, that's the most complimentary thing said to me yet here in the LR! ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]

buddhabelly wrote:
Sure I can see that. But I think the guys that say that to him genuinely like him so that's why I see it as more of good natured ribbing. But yeah harsh.

I don't think the guys that use Kleenex to address Ken really like our respect him so to me it's used to mock, deride and shut down the conversation.

Like most of this stuff it's open to interpretation.

Agreed. Ken's okay by me. Always has been. And he knows me too well. ;-)

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]

knewbike wrote:
Na. They've been pretty harsh with Blep. To the point where sometimes I've felt bad for him.

Don't feel bad for him. Feel bad for his wife.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Because Katy complained about a "women are from Venus, men are from Mars" joke?

Katy should be banned.

So should Dan, for that matter. Pussy.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]

I don't believe that the bans were because Katy conplained about the joke.

Read Dans statement about the reasons for the bans. The joke wasn't the reason for them.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

Just to put everyone at ease, I have not been banned.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

Whatever. Not interested in Dan's mealy mouthed explanation, really. He's not generally honest about who's been banned and who isn't, and who does the banning, and why or why not. The whole thing started with Katy flying off the fucking handle about a totally innocuous and even-handed joke. And Dan has had a boner for Duffy forever. Fuck all that noise.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]

Dan very much looks after the wimmins, and in the unwritten "constitution" for this place there is indeed a right to not be offended if you are female. I'd imagine this is for both personal and business reasons, btw.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [j p o] [ In reply to ]

j p o wrote:
knewbike wrote:
Na. They've been pretty harsh with Blep. To the point where sometimes I've felt bad for him.

Don't feel bad for him. Feel bad for his wife.

How about you go eat a dick?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:

Dammit !!! Dan must not've read those whiny little PMs we all sent him.

vitus979 wrote:
Whatever. Not interested in Dan's mealy mouthed explanation, really. He's not generally honest about who's been banned and who isn't, and who does the banning, and why or why not. The whole thing started with Katy flying off the fucking handle about a totally innocuous and even-handed joke. And Dan has had a boner for Duffy forever. Fuck all that noise.

Mm, hm.

"She started it" is an excuse that 6 year olds use.

Some of you guys spend an inordinate amount of time complaining about the guy whose house you are living in rent free. This isn't a democracy.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

whose house you are living in rent free.
---

Wait, what? You guys don't pay the annual ST membership fee?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:

Damn. My backchannel communications to Lieutenant Dan and Justin Trudeau didn't work.

Oh well, back to the drawing board... ;-)

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]

Makes sense to me: :-)

vitus979 wrote:

Why don’t you start your forum, announce it here, everyone will follow you over there, where you will moderate with wisdom, freedom and courage. Problem solved!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

bummer, I like windywave

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Unless you deleted some posts there didn’t appear to be anything of particular malice in that thread that warranted banning.

only forum I haven’t been banned from.

sometimes

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]

Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
bummer, I like windywave

Have you been to one of windy’s Zima parties???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR

JSA wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
bummer, I like windywave

Have you been to one of windy’s Zima parties???

No, what are they like?

no... don't know what Zima is... scared to google

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]

mv2005 wrote:
Unless you deleted some posts there didn’t appear to be anything of particular malice in that thread that warranted banning.

i don't believe i said that that thread is the cause of any actions i might have taken. in fact i think i said the opposite. there's been an accumulation of uncivil speech and behavior and i'm not going to host it any longer. nothing more complicated than that. i fully appreciate the freedom some folks want to have to write whatever they want. i am inviting them to write it elsewhere. i am showing them the door, graciously i hope, but the door nevertheless. i'm happy to leave a forwarding address. if anyone wants to go wherever it is that speech migrates to, i'll post that link here, and if we lose half our audience that'll be good for everyone: those who leave and those who don't. i don't know, i can't predict the future, but i suspect others might fill that open space if they feel they can post here without someone going out of his way to hurl an insult. i'm fine with whatever the outcome.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next