Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

WhatÂ’s good for America is good for the world.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You realize that about 50% of American foreign aid goes to Israel with another 25% to Egypt. Also Afghanistan is getting a lion's share. Three countries are probably getting about 90% of the pie.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a source for that besides your ass?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You realize that about 50% of American foreign aid goes to Israel with another 25% to Egypt. Also Afghanistan is getting a lion's share. Three countries are probably getting about 90% of the pie.

A lot of American aid also goes to fund the military around the world (ie. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc). so it could be argued, it's doing more harm than good.

Personally, I think individuals should be financing aid, not governments but...

Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It probably makes more sense to compare countries based on a per capital basis, not the gross amount. I think foreign aid hasn't worked very well and will never work well, particularly since a lot the aid is dependent on countries also buying military weapons.

Either way, since the discussion is about Trump, I hope this isn't the criteria to judge Trump...

https://www.princeton.edu/~soapbox/vol2no4/24noveck.html
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Got it. America bad.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

WhatÂ’s good for America is good for the world.

Deceptive? These graphs only prove you don't know how hard you just got bitch slapped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Ok. Got it. America bad.

Wrong. Duffy idiot. Not always but tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Oh, sorry.

I thought I was having a conversation with someone who isnÂ’t purposefully deceptive.

Bye.

Dude.

You got owned.

Bigly.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the boasting and bragging ever end?

The non-stop boasting/bragging is just one of about 10 clearly defined negative behavioral traits that Trump has on full display almost daily.

These are the kind of behavioral things where normal people will shun you, and if you displayed these behavior patterns at work, there is a good case for firing you.

But ounce again, Trump supporters/voters are OK with all this!!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Does the boasting and bragging ever end?

The non-stop boasting/bragging is just one of about 10 clearly defined negative behavioral traits that Trump has on full display almost daily.

These are the kind of behavioral things where normal people will shun you, and if you displayed these behavior patterns at work, there is a good case for firing you.

But ounce again, Trump supporters/voters are OK with all this!!

But don't forget he's going to re-open all those closed factories and bring all those jobs back from China. Not to mention that wall that Mexico is paying for.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That practical joker! Unfortunately with carny in chief the joke is on us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok. Got it. America bad.

I realize that we live in a Clinton/Trump, Republican/Democrat, with us or against us world but just because America isn't the most generous country in the world on a per capital basis doesn't mean they are the worst country in all of known history.

It may be hard to accept but America isn't the best at everything but the good news is that it isn't the worst at everything, just like every other country in the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The US is the most generous country in the world as measured by total money spent.

And us likely the most generous per tax payer.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Nov 26, 17 11:10
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Oh, sorry.

I thought I was having a conversation with someone who isnÂ’t purposefully deceptive.

Bye.

Dude.

You got owned.

Bigly.

No.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The US is the most generous country in the world as measured by total money spent.

And us likely the most generous per tax payer.

well, it's actually ranked 20th on aid as a % of GNI:

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ional_income_in_2015

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Oh, sorry.

Bye.

Dude.

You got owned.

Bigly.

No.

But, yes. Not just bigly. 'Ugely.
A smarter tactic would be not keep responding an bumping this thread to the top.
I'd have thought you would hope it would disappear.
If you'd prefer to show the world your bright red spanked ass, though, have at it.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
Duffy wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Oh, sorry.

Bye.

Dude.

You got owned.

Bigly.

No.

But, yes. Not just bigly. 'Ugely.
A smarter tactic would be not keep responding an bumping this thread to the top.
I'd have thought you would hope it would disappear.
If you'd prefer to show the world your bright red spanked ass, though, have at it.

Who keeps bumping this darn thing? We should just let it die so Duffy can hide his shame.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Quote:
Ever consider the possibility that whatÂ’s good for America is good for the rest of the world?

Purely from the very definition of the first part of your statement, no. Whilst I appreciate America has an extremely introverted World view, IÂ’m curious as to how you would arrive at that conclusion.

Who funds the UN?
Who funds WHO?
Who spends more money fighting disease around the world?
When thereÂ’s a natural disaster whoÂ’s there with money and supplies?
Who feeds the world?
Who keeps despots in check?
Who keeps the world safe from totalitarianism?
Who defends Europe?

And how much does all that cost?

If America collapses the whole world goers to shit.

God you're an idiot. It's "Who funds WHOM?".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blessed are the peacemakers.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Ok. Got it. America bad.

You're learning from some of the brightest the LR has to offer.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Time has announced the winner of person of the year: it's the #MeToo movement. He did make the short list, though, along with the "Rocket Man" (Kim Jong Un) and Colin Kaepernick.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be cool if a new movement is spawned from this....

Millions of men jerk off onto the Time cover.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Trump takes a pass on being named person of the year [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Moose Humper? The US has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Hilary and you curse the US. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know; that the US being the world's greatest power saves lives. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *saves lives*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at moose orgies, you want the US on that wall. You need the US on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that the US provides, and then questions the manner in which it provides it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think!
Quote Reply

Prev Next