Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Guns in Airports [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has become one of the dumbest threads that I can remember.

Congrats to JSA for ruining the internets.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Guns in Airports [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Guns in Airports [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
This thread has become one of the dumbest threads that I can remember.

Congrats to JSA for ruining the internets.

Quote Reply
Re: Guns in Airports [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You didnt convince the jury, but you gave it a valiant effort!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at results Edwards didn't get credit for finishing. He should have carried the steering wheel across.

If he came sliding across in just the seat does it count? Given that he didn't get credit I assume it has to be under power of the car.

I also wonder how much money this question has cost me.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
No, they are not. Teams are permitted to switch drivers during races.

At which point the car is transporting a separate driver. Regardless, the car has to transport a driver. The cars don't drive themselves, at least not yet.

LOL! Yeah, just like the race car is "transporting" the steering wheel!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

LOL! I'd like to see the reaction you get from an F1 or NASCAR driver when you tell them they're basically the same as a steering wheel!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

You really get ridiculous when you take your crazy pills.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
You didnt convince the jury, but you gave it a valiant effort!

I don't cater to the lowest common denominator and it doesn't get any lower than BLeP.

Quote Reply
Re: Guns in Airports [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

At which point the car is transporting a separate driver. Regardless, the car has to transport a driver. The cars don't drive themselves, at least not yet.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

LOL! I'd like to see the reaction you get from an F1 or NASCAR driver when you tell them they're basically the same as a steering wheel!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

LOL! They are a component of the car and the driver crossing the finish line without the car does not win.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

This thread isn't going to well for you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Looking at results Edwards didn't get credit for finishing. He should have carried the steering wheel across.

If he came sliding across in just the seat does it count? Given that he didn't get credit I assume it has to be under power of the car.

I also wonder how much money this question has cost me.

Yeah! Yeah! Ricky Bobby wins! You'll never see anything like that in a hundred lifetimes. lt was completely illegaI and in no way will count, but that was something.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

I don't think that would count. After all, the "purpose" of a race car is to "transport" the wheels, and the seats, and the fuel tank, and the ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

LOL! They are a component of the car and the driver crossing the finish line without the car does not win.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

This thread isn't going to well for you!

Wow, you're really taking a detour to stupidville today.

The person is not a component of the car anymore than the person is a component of a firearm. One is a driver (drives the car - not a part of the car) and the other is a shooter (fires the weapon - not a part of the firearm).

That's ok. We all know you get in these moods occasionally where your hormones just won't allow you to abandon a ridiculous argument no matter how tenuous the thread you've attempted to establish.

Is there a full moon? Or maybe you're on your period?

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Guns in Airports [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

The person is not a component of the car anymore than the person is a component of a firearm. One is a driver (drives the car - not a part of the car) and the other is a shooter (fires the weapon - not a part of the firearm).

In a race car, the person IS a component of the car. If the person leaves the car, the person is disqualified from the race. The race is measured by the car crossing the finish line, not the driver.

Your lack of knowledge on this topic is only paralleled by your lack of knowledge of the civilian firearms market. Much like that discussion, you find yourself backed into another corner and your muskrat-like tenacity is not only admirable, but cute and scrappy!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:

In a race car, the person IS a component of the car. If the person leaves the car, the person is disqualified from the race. The race is measured by the car crossing the finish line, not the driver.

Your lack of knowledge on this topic is only paralleled by your lack of knowledge of the civilian firearms market. Much like that discussion, you find yourself backed into another corner and your muskrat-like tenacity is not only admirable, but cute and scrappy!

Ruh, roh...

JSA and slowguy are having a condescension-off.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Ruh, roh...

Slowguy can go pretty low. I think he is only about 5' 6". But he is a scrappy little fellow!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Ruh, roh...

Nope. JSA is so far off the ledge now, he's on his own.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I won.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for keeping the conversation going. ;-)

It's amazing how some people can believe such a ridiculous premise as 'guns are designed to kill'. And their out sized, emotional response to any challenge to that premise belies their cognitive dissonance on the subject.

If they can't understand that most guns are designed for multiple purposes, from hunting to target shooting, to competitions, etc, then they are obviously using the 'guns are designed to kill' idea to paint all gun owners as (potential) killers and therefore are worthy of ridicule and more. Much like the labeling of people as racist, sexist, nazis.
Quote Reply
Re: Guns in Airports [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Thanks for keeping the conversation going. ;-)

It's amazing how some people can believe such a ridiculous premise as 'guns are designed to kill'. And their out sized, emotional response to any challenge to that premise belies their cognitive dissonance on the subject.

If they can't understand that most guns are designed for multiple purposes, from hunting to target shooting, to competitions, etc, then they are obviously using the 'guns are designed to kill' idea to paint all gun owners as (potential) killers and therefore are worthy of ridicule and more. Much like the labeling of people as racist, sexist, nazis.

Who here is making emotional arguments?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#notme
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
ridiculous premise as 'guns are designed to kill'

Do you think that guns are not designed to kill?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
No

Did you mean to contradict yourself?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

This is pretty silly. I'm one of the guys here telling the obvious truth, which is that firearms are, by and large, designed to kill or injure. I'm also now more than 20 years into a military career, shoot regularly, shoot reasonably well, and have no particular problem with hunting or self defense gun ownership.

Guns are tools. It's helpful to know what your tool was meant to do. It's ridiculous to shut your eyes and cover your ears and deny what your tool was designed to do just because you're afraid that some anti-gun person will try to make fun of you for it.

Slowguy

Quote Reply

Prev Next