Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
We've Had a Good Run, America
Quote | Reply
2017 in a single sentence:

A Satanically clad drag queen reading to children at the Michelle Obama Library in Long Beach, California.

Nope. Nothing wrong with this culture of ours. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, I must say that I have no problem with this whatsoever.

Soooooo, let me wear whatever Halloween costume I want and shut the fuck up about it if makes you uncomfortable.

Ok?

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Soooooo, let me wear whatever Halloween costume I want and shut the fuck up about it if makes you uncomfortable.

Ok?

It wasn't for Halloween, sir, though the drag queen was a little more drag-y and costumed than normal. But you're more than welcome to dress like a drag queen and read to homeless bums if you'd like. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have an entire month for LGBTQ history?

Are you sure that's not in Canada? That sounds like something we would do here...
Last edited by: Sanuk: Oct 17, 17 16:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.56fda36b6c8e
"An online retailer has pulled a costume from its website that depicted Holocaust victim Anne Frank.

Screenshots of the costume for sale at HalloweenCostumes.com posted to social media show a smiling girl wearing World War II-era clothing and a beret. The costume was quickly criticized on Twitter. Carlos Galindo-Elvira, who leads the Anti-Defense League’s Arizona office said on Twitter that the costume trivializes Frank’s memory.

North Mankato, Minnesota-based Fun.com runs the website. Spokesman Ross Walker Smith tweeted Sunday that the costume had been pulled from the website. He explained that the company sells costumes for activities other than Halloween, like “school projects and plays.” He apologized for any offense caused by the costume.

Anne Frank is known for the diary she wrote while in hiding from the Nazis during the war."

My favorite part is the last sentence in this story about rage and offense...the author thought it needed to be said who Anne Frank was.
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

"An online retailer has pulled a costume from its website that depicted Holocaust victim Anne Frank.

Screenshots of the costume for sale at HalloweenCostumes.com posted to social media show a smiling girl wearing World War II-era clothing and a beret. The costume was quickly criticized on Twitter. Carlos Galindo-Elvira, who leads the Anti-Defense League’s Arizona office said on Twitter that the costume trivializes Frank’s memory.

North Mankato, Minnesota-based Fun.com runs the website. Spokesman Ross Walker Smith tweeted Sunday that the costume had been pulled from the website. He explained that the company sells costumes for activities other than Halloween, like “school projects and plays.” He apologized for any offense caused by the costume.

Anne Frank is known for the diary she wrote while in hiding from the Nazis during the war."

My favorite part is the last sentence in this story about rage and offense...the author thought it needed to be said who Anne Frank was.

To be frank, most Americans probably don't know the difference between Anne Frank and Barney Frank. And I say that as a non Canuck.
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

To be frank, most Americans probably don't know the difference between Anne Frank and Barney Frank. And I say that as a non Canuck.
Wasnt she married to Dodd Frank?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess these kids are ruined for life now. (pink font)
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

Ruined, no, but I do wonder why gyrations their parents have to do to explain the event to the children. Those rationalizations will be what ruins the kids, not the actual event.
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Ruined, no, but I do wonder why gyrations their parents have to do to explain the event to the children. Those rationalizations will be what ruins the kids, not the actual event.

What rationalization? "Yes, son, that's drag queen Satan."

It's adults who need rationalizations and explanations. I think kids would be totally down with this.
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
patf wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

It's adults who need rationalizations and explanations. I think kids would be totally down with this.

We have a local French festival here in town every summer and (for whatever reason) they always have a drag queen show.

We took my son and once of his friends to see the show. Everyone had a blast.

I have some friends (guys) that would be totally uncomfortable just seeing this show.

Those are the people that concern me.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ruined, no, but I do wonder why gyrations their parents have to do to explain the event to the children.

I'm an adult and I would like an explanation of why we need a month to celebrate the history of the LGBTQ. And I'd also like an explanation of why that, whatever it is, has to come into a school of young children and read to them and the purpose it serves.

Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
They have an entire month for LGBTQ history?

You missed some letters. The pic with the FB post had an A and an I in there. Eventually they'll get the whole alphabet stuffed in.

(I'm joking, seems like a cool event)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Ruined, no, but I do wonder why gyrations their parents have to do to explain the event to the children.

I'm an adult and I would like an explanation of why we need a month to celebrate the history of the LGBTQ. And I'd also like an explanation of why that, whatever it is, has to come into a school of young children and read to them and the purpose it serves.

Why not? What are you afraid of?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

Damn. Could not have said it better. Lighten up America.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

It’s a drag queen Satan. What further explanation do we need?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not? What are you afraid of?

It's funny. These days of you speak out against things that you don't want your children to see, you are either, afraid of something or intolerant. Those are the modern ways to get everyone to have the same opinions about everything. That way, no one can be offended.

I don't want my daughter to have a history month for LGBTQ because I think it's ridiculous. I also don't want schools to take the time to invite a transgender satan to read to my child because I think that's ridiculous too.

I don't have to accept everything just because most people do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kids see folks like this all the time....

Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

I know, right. Its not like its a Christmas Tree or a nativity scene.
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

Yeah. Can you imagine the 10 commandments in school?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

Yeah. Can you imagine the 10 commandments in school?

or a picture of a guy nailed to a cross while still alive... that would be sick!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thankyou Sanuk

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ok?

If I had to bet, I would put my money on less than 50% of U.S. adults knowing who Anne Frank was.
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
patf wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

I would guess to them it's just a person in a freaky costume.
Quote Reply
Re: We've Had a Good Run, America [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Thankyou Sanuk

#MeToo
Quote Reply

Prev Next