Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://lm.facebook.com/...6ium3wydWVxA&s=1

Id pay to see this!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
    There's been a lot of stupid and juvenile that has come out of Trump, but this episode may be the winner so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
There's been a lot of stupid and juvenile that has come out of Trump, but this episode may be the winner so far.

With more yet to come? I'm a guessing we ain't seen nuthin' yet. After all, its only been nine months.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Maybe Trump could release his tax returns at the same time and prove he is more generous too. As well there are plenty of folks with high IQ who are morons

More like there are plenty of people with high IQs who are not well educated and/or lack "common sense". Likewise, there are plenty of people who are very well educated with middling IQs.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
burnman wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
This is Trump, a long time pre-election, "boasting" that his IQ is 132.
Whilst a lot higher than I'd estimate it to be, that's nothing to boast about.

Perhaps he thought it was scored out of 100.

Whilst a high IQ is not the only requisite for a good presidency - other requisites include self control, integrity, strategic thought, focus, self-accountability, respect for others, and charisma. Except for the last one, he lacks all these.

But even if he is a 132 IQ - that only 98% percentile. That would make him one of, if not the, least intelligent President in US history.
That means there are approximately 6,500,000 Americans that are more intelligent than him. Pretty much every decent sized high school has a dozen kids and teachers who are brighter than him. Heck, about 500,000 illegal / undocumented immigrants in the USA are more intelligent.

Here's the flip side: about 320,000,000 Americans have a lower IQ. My perception is that Trump and/or his campaign managers were highly aware of this and pandered accordingly. Hillary very well may have gone "high" during the campaign and that was her undoing. Tailoring your message to well-educated and intelligent voters is not a statistically sound approach. BTW I'm not being facetious or trying to troll.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
That would make him one of, if not the, least intelligent President in US history.

If he has an IQ score of 132, I seriously doubt that would make him one of the least intelligent presidents in history. I don't especially trust these kinds of estimates, but:

https://www.usnews.com/...s-in-the-oval-office

If he has an IQ score of 132, though, the question is why he's such a moron.

A more scary possibility: maybe he's not a moron. Maybe his approach to governance is a form of political Aikido. It's either that or we're now having to confront one of the downsides of democracy.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:

Indeed...

https://www.nytimes.com/...weet-liddle-bob.html

The stupid that just keeps giving.

And today after Trump incorrectly accused Corker of being played by the NYTimes by being recorded ( when Corker checked with the reporter to make SURE the interview was being recorded), Sarah Huckerby Sanders actually had the gall when asked about the tweet to say (without irony), "The Senator is allowed to have his opinions but not his facts."

How long before she, like Spicey, is on the talk show circuit laughing it all off as just doing her job and trying to regain a semblance of her credibility?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A more scary possibility: maybe he's not a moron.

No, he's a Moran.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More on the meeting after which reportedly Tillerson called Trump a moron:

https://www.nbcnews.com/...tary-leaders-n809701

According to the report, Trump was shown a graphic of the number of US warheads (peak 32k, current 4k) and he said we should get back to the peak level. So, if true, not technically a tenfold increase, rather an eightfold increase, but pretty close.

And in response to the story above, Trump just tweeted:

"Fake @NBCNews made up a story that I wanted a "tenfold" increase in our U.S. nuclear arsenal. Pure fiction, made up to demean. NBC = CNN!"

and

"With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!"

...so now he's threatening the freedom of the press?!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Revocation of a broadcast license is not infringing on freedom of the press.

The internet (and cable tv) are chock full of news outlets that do not have a broadcast license, not to mention an almost infinite amount of printed news.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Uh-huh.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Uh-huh.

Yup.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Wait, what?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
dave_w wrote:

With more yet to come? I'm a guessing we ain't seen nuthin' yet. After all, its only been nine months.

Yes seems like this is going to go on throughout, or worsen. There's the real chance he's slipping into dementia, like Ronnie.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimwithstones wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Wait, what?

You read that right.

You, I, nbc, the thousands of you tubers, etc do not need a broadcast license to deliver news.

Is there something about that you don’t understand?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You, I, nbc, the thousands of you tubers, etc do not need a broadcast license to deliver news.

While by the absolute technical letter of the law, you may (may) be correct, there isn't a court in the country that would uphold a president revoking the broadcast license of a news corporation because he wants them to broadcast different news. It's a ridiculous assertion.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Why do I have a persistent nagging feeling that Trump is either lying outright about his IQ, or is relying on a number from a test in which he cheated?

Edit: Am I reading this right?

https://twitter.com/...s/676174398253068289

This is Trump, a long time pre-election, "boasting" that his IQ is 132.

Whilst a lot higher than I'd estimate it to be, that's nothing to boast about.

Even worse is his argument: I have a high IQ, therefore my voters must as well.

Maybe if you add a couple together, you'd get to around 130 or so?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
swimwithstones wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Wait, what?

You read that right.

The logical end point of that argument is that so long as (say) NBC has some means to deliver news (eg carrier pigeon, direct mailshots using USPS, something else), there is no infringement of the freedom of the press if every other channel of communication (eg broadcast, internet, radio) are removed from it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
swimwithstones wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Wait, what?

You read that right.

The logical end point of that argument is that so long as (say) NBC has some means to deliver news (eg carrier pigeon, direct mailshots using USPS, something else), there is no infringement of the freedom of the press if every other channel of communication (eg broadcast, internet, radio) are removed from it.

You don’t need a license to deliver news over the internet.

In other words, you don’t need a broadcast license. They are essentially obsolete.

And for the record, I think revoking nbc’s license is a horrible idea and don’t support it in any way.

But to say that it would take away their right to freedom of the press is absurd.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

In other words, you don’t need a broadcast license. They are essentially obsolete.

Exactly: your point is that there are other dissemination channels available so taking one away doesn't matter. But when you take one away, you curtail a freedom, so it does matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

And for the record, I think revoking nbc’s license is a horrible idea and don’t support it in any way.

You keep qualifying your statements like this then your title of Trump's ballwasher may be reduced to JSA ballwasher.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Exactly: your point is that there are other dissemination channels available so taking one away doesn't matter. But when you take one away, you curtail a freedom, so it does matter.

You are not curtailing a freedom by revoking a broadcast license. I don’t have one. Are my first amendment rights being denied?

Does the constitution require the government to issue broadcast licenses to everyone who wants one?

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Oct 11, 17 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

You keep qualifying your statements like this then your title of Trump's ballwasher may be reduced to JSA ballwasher.

I don’t think the government should issuing broadcast licenses at all. And now, in 2017, they obsolete anyway.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

You are not curtailing a freedom by revoking a broadcast license. I don’t have one. Are my first amendment rights being denied?

Does the constitution require the government to issue broadcast licenses to everyone who wants one?

if you don't see anything wrong with the president threatening NBC's broadcasting license then you really are the Ball Washer In Chief.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

If you take away their liscence because you dont like what they say, then you are absolutely infringing on their speech. Youre whole argument is changing "infringing" to completely blocking , which is a tad dishonest.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply

Prev Next