Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Comey to testify against Trump....
Quote | Reply
.....and has just been announced that Flynn has received a subpoena. Seems like maybe some shit is about to hit the fan.

http://www.cnn.com/...testimony/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Comey to testify against Trump.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People also said that about th Hillary Clinton investigation. It could just be that some politics is about to hit the fan. We'll see in due time.

cerveloguy wrote:
.....and has just been announced that Flynn has received a subpoena. Seems like maybe some shit is about to hit the fan.

http://www.cnn.com/...testimony/index.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, it's "testify about" not "testify against."

It may not be good for Trump, but I've never heard the phrase "testify against" used except when referring to testifying in court. Not testifying before Congress.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey to testify against Trump.... [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

I'm learning to ignore what the media tells be people might / could / would say, and waiting until I hear what they're actually saying.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey to testify against Trump.... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

It may not be good for Trump, but I've never heard the phrase "testify against" used except when referring to testifying in court. Not testifying before Congress.

Still, most people view Comey as a pretty credible source. And if Flynn invokes the 5th doesn't that seem almost as an admission of guilt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it happens it won't mean anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
trail wrote:

Still, most people view Comey as a pretty credible source. And if Flynn invokes the 5th doesn't that seem almost as an admission of guilt?

It can 'seem' like whatever you want it to seem like. The fact is taking the fifth is not an admission of anything.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
trail wrote:

Still, most people view Comey as a pretty credible source.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Comey to testify against Trump.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
trail wrote:

It can 'seem' like whatever you want it to seem like. The fact is taking the fifth is not an admission of anything.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
The fact is taking the fifth is not an admission of anything.

Unless it's related to Benghazi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Have you ever believed anyone who took the 5th?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guess who else got subpoenas? Looks like they are happy to look at Flynn, as long as the unmasking is investigated.
-
FOX News has confirmed that the FBI, the CIA, and the National Security Agency were all served today with subpoenas issued by the House Intelligence Committee. Sources say each of these subpoenas referenced unmasking and each named as figures of interest three senior Obama era officials.

Former White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice was identified by multiple news agencies last month as someone who requested the names of Trump associates whose names had appeared in coded form in classified intelligence reports be identifed for her -- or 'unmasked.' Rice at the time denied wrongdoing and told us today through a spokesperson that she is unaware of any subpoenas 'directed at her.'

Former CIA Director John Brennan is also named in the subpoenas. In testimony last week, Brennan decried the leaks of classified information that had bedeviled the Trump administration, and which some believe is linked to the unmasking activity. Brennan declined our request for comment.

Most noteworthy was the committee's naming of Samantha Power, the former UN ambassador has not previously surfaced in the unmasking controversy. A Pulitzer prize-winning historian, Power served in Barack Obama's Senate office before joining his administration.
-
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/..._samantha_power.html
Quote Reply
Re: Comey to testify against Trump.... [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://thebulletinweekly.com/...74-9072-2f9771294888

But But RUSSIA!!! COLD WAR!!!! DONALD'S TWEETS!!!! HE'S NOT MY PRESIDENT!!!

Obama and his minions have some explaining to do.

dave_w wrote:
Hey guess who else got subpoenas? Looks like they are happy to look at Flynn, as long as the unmasking is investigated.
-
FOX News has confirmed that the FBI, the CIA, and the National Security Agency were all served today with subpoenas issued by the House Intelligence Committee. Sources say each of these subpoenas referenced unmasking and each named as figures of interest three senior Obama era officials.

Former White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice was identified by multiple news agencies last month as someone who requested the names of Trump associates whose names had appeared in coded form in classified intelligence reports be identifed for her -- or 'unmasked.' Rice at the time denied wrongdoing and told us today through a spokesperson that she is unaware of any subpoenas 'directed at her.'

Former CIA Director John Brennan is also named in the subpoenas. In testimony last week, Brennan decried the leaks of classified information that had bedeviled the Trump administration, and which some believe is linked to the unmasking activity. Brennan declined our request for comment.

Most noteworthy was the committee's naming of Samantha Power, the former UN ambassador has not previously surfaced in the unmasking controversy. A Pulitzer prize-winning historian, Power served in Barack Obama's Senate office before joining his administration.
-
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/..._samantha_power.html
Quote Reply
Re: Comey to testify against Trump.... [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

I'm learning to ignore what the media tells be people might / could / would say, and waiting until I hear what they're actually saying.

Congratulations. You are well ahead of many on this forum.
Quote Reply