Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bloodline [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just started, hope it delivers just like the last two seasons.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:

Well, sonofabitch. Guess I'm not getting much sleep this weekend...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
SkipG wrote:

Well, sonofabitch. Guess I'm not getting much sleep this weekend...
off to a slow start, I was a little disappointed in the first episode!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: Bloodline [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually thought the episode was full of tension (season 3, E1)...I couldn't pick up with the mom and younger John lied about years ago? Someone clue me in.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
I actually thought the episode was full of tension (season 3, E1)...I couldn't pick up with the mom and younger John lied about years ago? Someone clue me in.
did you miss season one, that's the whole reason the family is so messed up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:

I agree. I thought it was great and I felt tense just watching it.

Did you forget season 1? Here:

We never see the whole scene play out in full, but this how it happens if we piece together the flashbacks from all 13 episodes. It actually all starts with Mama Ray, and her decision to run away from home (but, we don't really know why. I'm assuming that it was a fight between her and Dad Rayburn). While she's packing her bags, there's a knock at her bedroom door, and Sarah's standing there. Mama Ray shoos her away. That's when oldest child Danny decides to take her out on the boat.
At the time this happened, Sarah was 10 years old, John was 14, and since Danny was the oldest brother, we can put him right around the 15-16 age range. He's not a kid anymore, but he's not an adult yet, either. This is what John points out to him as he and Sarah load onto the boat. John tells him that he can't take her out without an adult (and Sarah asks him to go, too — thinking back to that, it breaks my heart). However, John stays behind on land and the two disappear out onto the ocean.
Then, Sarah's seahorse necklace falls off her neck out on the ocean. We don't know how. Did Danny pull it off? Did it get caught on something? Did she jump into the water and it somehow came over her head? (just some Season 2 questions we need answered, Bloodline.) Regardless, it comes off her neck and Sarah goes after it. The necklace falls between two pieces of coral or rock, and Sarah sticks her hand into a crevice to pull it out. Her hand gets stuck. She can't dislodge it.
Danny tries to help free her, but he's no use. Sarah's completely stuck underwater, and there's nothing either one of them can do. They're kids, after all. We see Danny swim back to the surface, as Sarah's now lifeless body bobs underwater.

When Dad Rayburn finds out, he beats the ever living shit out of Danny. The police investigate and Momma Ray tell them they need to help the family. So, John lies to the cops and goes with the fabricated story that Danny was hit by a car. That lie haunts John until adulthood and is what Danny holds over John.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recap, I remembered all of that, for some reason, I thought there was something else that I missed...I watched episodes 2&3 yesterday...the family is fracturing everywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
Thanks for the recap, I remembered all of that, for some reason, I thought there was something else that I missed...I watched episodes 2&3 yesterday...the family is fracturing everywhere.

Do you ever find yourself feeling a high level of anxiety and stress just watching this show? For me, these guys are SO messed up, you almost ... ALMOST ... feel uncomfortable watching them!

Another observation - Meg is crazy hot, especially in the flashbacks. But, holy hell, when she is all mopey, she gets ugly fast! I cannot believe how unappealing she instantly becomes when she starts pouting. Also, where the fuck did she go? How does she have the money to just disappear?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:

Do you ever find yourself feeling a high level of anxiety and stress just watching this show? For me, these guys are SO messed up, you almost ... ALMOST ... feel uncomfortable watching them!

Another observation - Meg is crazy hot, especially in the flashbacks. But, holy hell, when she is all mopey, she gets ugly fast! I cannot believe how unappealing she instantly becomes when she starts pouting. Also, where the fuck did she go? How does she have the money to just disappear?

Yes!!^^^^^
I felt I coulda used a xanax by episode 3.
I think about that amazing feeling of relief when you wake up from a bad dream.
I keep finding myself thinking about the rush of overwhelming relief it would be for Kevin if he just woke up and found out it was all just a bad dream lol. That dude stresses the shit out of me to the point of uncomfortable. His pile just gets deeper by the minute.
Last edited by: Dirt fighter: May 29, 17 10:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:

Don't forget the family is wealthy, Meg is single, no responsibilities, she will appear soon. Just watched 4&5 - I think I will have to binge on the rest...if it were not for the damn hockey game tonight. The end of episode 5 is very open ended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
Don't forget the family is wealthy, Meg is single, no responsibilities, she will appear soon. Just watched 4&5 - I think I will have to binge on the rest...if it were not for the damn hockey game tonight. The end of episode 5 is very open ended.

I wonder really how wealthy the family is. John needs a full time job and Kevin was always desperate for money, before joining with Roy. I think the family has a lot of equity (the hotel and land) but little cash. Also, that money is not filtering down to the kids. Meg seems to be the only one who can work if/when she wants, which does not really make any sense.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished S3 and won't spoil it. Post back when you are finished. Shit got weird.

ETA: had no idea this was the final season which actually makes a few things make sense. Just weird though.
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Jun 2, 17 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the first season, but then stopped.

My main beef with the series is a common one that many have. It relies way too heavily on artificial drama created from "family" keeping secrets from one another and doing crazy shit to protect the "family". Way too little of actual creative and engaging story lines and plots.

This show suffered heavily from that. Very similar to Sons of Anarchy, which I also quit watching because of this.

Do Season 2 and 3 of Bloodline change this, or is it similar to what Season 1 relied on? I'm not sure I'm interested in watching another two seasons of an overly self-important family lying, keeping secrets, and protecting each other.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Just finished S3 and won't spoil it. Post back when you are finished. Shit got weird.

ETA: had no idea this was the final season which actually makes a few things make sense. Just weird though.

Finished it and all I could see was Tony Soprano grinning and nodding yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm watching the season/series finale tonight. I did not like the last episode (Season 3, Episode 9) where John is having Groundhog Day. It was a wasted episode.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I'm watching the season/series finale tonight. I did not like the last episode (Season 3, Episode 9) where John is having Groundhog Day. It was a wasted episode.

Yup, that was garbage and felt necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go ahead and skip s2 and 3. More of the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You gotta be fucking kidding me. That was terrible. It was a great series. They were able to keep the anxiety riding high for 3 seasons! Season 3 was insanely intense. The final two episode were pathetic! This is easily in the top 3 pathetic series finales for me. Terrible! No closure. No gotcha. No satisfaction.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
You gotta be fucking kidding me. That was terrible. It was a great series. They were able to keep the anxiety riding high for 3 seasons! Season 3 was insanely intense. The final two episode were pathetic! This is easily in the top 3 pathetic series finales for me. Terrible! No closure. No gotcha. No satisfaction.

Btw, I meant ep9 was garbage and felt "unnecessary" in my last post. I felt much of S3 was rushed and story lines went big and didn't deliver. Shit, we didn't even see Meg for the 2nd half of what was to be the final season. Wtf? After I read the show was scripted for 5-6 seasons so when the creators were told this was the last season they scrambled to tell 3-4 seasons of story arcs in just one. That's exactly how I felt watching it. Scrambled and rushed.

Agree on the the last episode as well. I was trying to figure out where they were going to go with S4 after it ended. Googled it and that's when I found out that s3 was it. Over. So stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I knew you meant Episode 9.

I think I found out this was the last season after I was in about 3 episodes. At that point, it made sense. There was only so much that could be done. But then I got to episode 6 and started questioning where they were going.

So for Season 3 we got 7 great episodes, one ok, then two total garbage episodes with a shitty finale!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just finished watching it last night and completely agree...what a disappointment those last 2 episodes were! I have one question...I thought Danny went to Cuba to avoid being arrested/no extradition? I'm not sure what the law is about Americans being arrested down there for committing crimes in the US (I'm Canadian).
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [SimplyAmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember Danny telling his wife it was about x number of hours to Bimini while they were on the boat. They went to the Bahamas, which again, makes zero sense other than to hurriedly close that loop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh! I didn't catch that-my husband and I were probably chatting...thank you! I did notice they flag when they arrested Danny and assumed it was the Cuban flag...I just googled and indeed it was the Bimini flag.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [SimplyAmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to look that up as well. I had the same question at first, then replayed what Kevin said to John.

Quote Reply

Prev Next