Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sloppy Seconds [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
We need the context.
And I need an answer.

How long after the first "encounter" is it no longer considered sloppy seconds?
A question asked of me by a friend and I couldn't give a definite answer....
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Catching up on this thread, I feel like a prude now...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 It will always ( to me ) be a double entendre. Any way you use it though it's a pejorative towards those employees she was referring to and unless there was more to the story and there was some kind of banter going on where people where joking back and forth and smiling and laughing it's pretty cringe worthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
It will always ( to me ) be a double entendre. Any way you use it though it's a pejorative towards those employees she was referring to and unless there was more to the story and there was some kind of banter going on where people where joking back and forth and smiling and laughing it's pretty cringe worthy.

It was actually selecting students for lab assistants/tutor positions. It's pretty routine for us to assess the value of students for whatever, so it wasn't the least cringe worthy in that regard.
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Whenever I park my in a spot that someone just pulled out of I think of "sloppy seconds".

And yes, it's a sexual thought.

Especially if there's already a puddle there

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [outerlimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
outerlimit wrote:
I was listening to the female then CEO of my company talking about business relationships. She mentioned the situation where both business partners are not really satisfied but not so dissatisfied to break it; she refereed to this relationship as a "circle jerk." We all wondered if she even knew what a circle jerk. She did, and funny thing is 20 years later I still remember the discussion so her picturesque language certainly make it stick in my mind.

If you've ever seen an actual "clusterfuck" ... there's a lot more to it than just a series of egregious mistakes

In fact, quite the opposite, when done properly

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noting wrong with assessing value and ranking... calling the lower ranked people sloppy seconds.... not so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was English her first language? Might be something lost in translation. Then again, our culture and schools have become so PC, maybe she never heard the term used in its original context and thought it a perfectly fine expression.
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
BLeP wrote:
We need the context.

Let's say a moose licks half your ice cream cone and then it's all yours. Sloppy seconds yuck or sloppy seconds sexual?

Best use of sloppy seconds-yuck! The again, we need BLeP's clarification.
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew69 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
We need the context.

And I need an answer.

If we're talking literally I'd say 48 hours would be the absolute minimum. Most of the time I think it's used more figuratively when someone gets with your old girl you say he's getting your sloppy seconds when in reality you're Eskimo brothers.
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Andrew69 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
We need the context.

And I need an answer.

If we're talking literally I'd say 48 hours would be the absolute minimum. Most of the time I think it's used more figuratively when someone gets with your old girl you say he's getting your sloppy seconds when in reality you're Eskimo brothers.

The original meaning referred to getting seconds while the girl was literally still sloppy from the firsts. So, minutes afterward, not hours or days.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:
Andrew69 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
We need the context.

And I need an answer.

The original meaning referred to getting seconds while the girl was literally still sloppy from the firsts. So, minutes afterward, not hours or days.

I know what it means. He's asking how long you have to wait it out to avoid the sloppy seconds label.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:
Andrew69 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
We need the context.

And I need an answer.

I know what it means. He's asking how long you have to wait it out to avoid the sloppy seconds label.

Well, if you're Sean Avery, I guess it's months or maybe even years.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Sloppy Seconds [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
Grounds for dismissal at ibm

If that's what IBM fires people over, then IBM is fucked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:
Andrew69 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
We need the context.

And I need an answer.

I think an experiment is in order here.
Will give it to the wife twice with varying timeframes between encounters and judge the difference the varying times make, so I can make an informed comment as to the label.

However, would a different woman lead to a different outcome?
Don't think I could afford the divorce to find out!
Quote Reply

Prev Next