Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
thanks.
i've finished the first two books and have 3 and 4 delivered tomorrow.
any clue how far the tv series goes into the books? --looks like books 1 and 2 are season 1

Just a reminder to folks, season 2 just dropped on Netflix. I'm half way int S2 and it's delivering.

I read that Season 2 covers books 3 and 4. I have not read the source material though.

Netflix's as not said if there will be a third season yet.

Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just discovered second season yesterday. (Forgot the post above about it coming out in March.) Watching the first episode I almost quit as it was a bit disjointed, but boy did it get good. Three in so far and it is great.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the a summary of the first season? I feel like I forgot almost everything.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/...t_Kingdom_(TV_series)

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

S2 E1 jumps into the story abruptly, took me a bit to catch up on what was going on. This season seems to move faster than S1, almost too fast. It's a bit jumpy with the storyline at times.

Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
JSA wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/...t_Kingdom_(TV_series)

That helps. Thank you!

I may still have to re-watch Season 1. It's been a while.

Last edited by: JSA: May 9, 17 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read and enjoyed all the books. Looking forward to watching S2 this weekend when the wife comes home. thanks for the heads up!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm about halfway thru the flame bearer.
i think i'll start watching season 1 here soon.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed the second season and feel it was better than the first -- though like JSA, I don't remember it that well.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished up S2. Great ending. Hoping to see Aethelfad give Ethelred a good pegging for what he put her through.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I enjoyed the second season and feel it was better than the first -- though like JSA, I don't remember it that well.

I rewatched all of season 1. Cannot believe how much I forgot. I am halfway through season 2. Awesome. But, at this point, I want Utrid to kill everyone but the hot nun.

Also, I am now JSA son of JSA of GreenBayThia.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am JSA, son of JSA of Greenbaythia.

I do declareth the Season the third of this fine series is ...

... AWESOME!

I take the ending to mean the series is done. That is too bad. I absolutely love this show. Sad to see it go. Very satisfied with the ending, which is not always the case with these shows.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. 3rd season was great. They did make it seem like the series is done or at least it could be done if they had to end it.
Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately, there is a new season for Frontier. While not nearly as good as The Last Kingdom, I really like that series as well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Season 3 was great! I read an article that said the rumor is Netflix will renew it for 2 more seasons. The author has written 10 books and each season has covered 2 books.

Spoiler alert: although season 3 could easily end where it did with Uhtred riding off, there are certainly some storylines I'd like to see play out. I want to see the queen get killed, and that weasel in Mercia needs a nice violent death too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I do declareth the Season the third of this fine series is ...

... AWESOME!

I'm having trouble getting into season three. Firstly, the voice narrative by U. at the beginning is awful. "Destiny is all." He sounds like a sanctimonious goober. Secondly, I'd been thinking to myself, "about time for U. to get in a row with the King" because there is always some silly plot device that drives them apart. So when in episode two he is summoned to King, I'm thinking "he's in trouble." Trouble over the digging up the grave, ok, I can handle that. But killing the priest with a slap. Too stupid. I stopped watching. I'm tired of that plot: U in trouble with King, but King owes him, and will need him. etc, etc." Also, U. is unlucky in love again -- of course.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did struggle a bit with the King being a bitch and out-casting Uhtred. Come on. Uhtred saved the lives of the King, the Queen and Edward. He also won countless battles for Alfred. He pretty much earned a get-out-of-banishment card for life.

But, still absolutely love the show. Love it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll give it another shot -- I sure liked first two seasons.

But your enthusiasm makes me wonder if you've taken up cane sword swatting with BarryP.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I'll give it another shot -- I sure liked first two seasons.

But your enthusiasm makes me wonder if you've taken up cane sword swatting with BarryP.

Me and BarryP last weekend:

Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished season one. I liked it, it's like Game of Thrones minus the dragons and mysticism. My knowledge on that period of history isn't great, so I ended about going to Wikipedia after every episode.
Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [njredandblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
njredandblack wrote:
Just finished season one. I liked it, it's like Game of Thrones minus the dragons and mysticism. My knowledge on that period of history isn't great, so I ended about going to Wikipedia after every episode.

Just wait - it gets even better!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
njredandblack wrote:

Just wait - it gets even better!

Guess I'm starting season two tonight,
Quote Reply
Re: The Last Kingdom now on Netflix [njredandblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uhtred of Bebbanburg--

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I did struggle a bit with the King being a bitch and out-casting Uhtred. Come on. Uhtred saved the lives of the King, the Queen and Edward. He also won countless battles for Alfred. He pretty much earned a get-out-of-banishment card for life.

But, still absolutely love the show. Love it.

Spoiler below.

I'm back.

Started where I quit -- eggshell skull priest. Alfred you pushed too far. He's your bitch no more. YES FINALLY. This is great.

________
Quote Reply

Prev Next