Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The RX350 consumes regular unleaded
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a Highlander Hybrid last week. It is a really nice automobile! They changed pricing so a Hybrid was less than a $1400 adder on the model I got and increased mileage over 20%. I love how quiet it is. It's awesome not firing up the engine for school drop off line.

I tested all of the ones you mentioned. My 6'5" husband said no the RAV4 so it was down to CRV and Highlander. The Highlander was not much more for what seemed like a lot more car.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's 0% or $1750 off.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
I have 1 kid, and hoping to be done there...although I actually had a dream last night my wife was expecting again! Aahhh.

I agree they are small. My wife is not a big fan of the bigger SUV, but she likes the older highlander and is open to giving it another shot (even though it is much bigger).

We have an older Rav4 and my inlaws have an older Highliner. I dont see a huge difference in practical interior space. With a carseat, they're both 4 seaters at best. The Rav4 works well for us with 1 kid and 2 large dogs, not enough space to go tenting for a weekend without using the roofracks but everyone fits comfortable with enough luggage for a weekend at Grandmas.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishgo wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
we're looking at the exact same type auto's right now as a replacement for the wife's Element. We're fixing to gift the Toaster over to our daughter.

We've driven the CRV in touring edition and really liked it but so far the Subaru Forrester is our leading contender. We also drove a Volvo XC60 that we really liked but it's $$ to maintain downstream and a little to rich for us. Later this week we're going to take a gander at the Rav4 and she if she likes it.

best of luck on your search

/r

Ha! I own an '08 Element SC which is going to the son (who calls it the chrome toaster). I looked at all of the above: Rav4, Escape, CRV, Subarus, etc. By happenstance stumbled on a 4Runner and bought that. Love the ride and the auto reminds me of my old Trooper.

I have an '08 Element SC with around 180k miles now. Bought it brand new around August of 2008 and it's not let me down yet. My wife drives it every day. We just had our first child in December, so I'm now considering something else. It'll be hard to let go of the Element.

I also have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium. It's too small. The interior is tiny for the size it appears on the exterior. But no complaints other than that.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, my Element just swallows bikes for inside storage. I'm requiring a vehicle now that has 4WD and a larger towing capacity. But it's hard to squeeze stuff inside like the Honda.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just bought our second CR-V.

If you can find a 2016 still on the lots - snag it. They know how to make a CVT, great size inside. Our 2006 one is just about to hit 200K on the odometer.

The 2017s are newer, larger, and they are a turbo'd 1.5L on the mid-to-high end. Not sure if that's a deterrent.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drove the highlander last night and found it to be very impressive. I loved the smooth ride and it didn't seem too long (for me). If it was going to be my purchase I would go with the new highlander. But she will probably still go with her 1st choice of the rav4. I'll update you all in a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was able to return to the dealer for a test drive in the Highlander. My wife was very impressed with it, and is considering going with it. We actually drove the 4 cylinder, and the engine was a bit noisy. I definitely will be going with a 6 cylinder if we go that route. I feel like the dealer is giving us a pretty decent offer. They are offering a 6 cylinder highlander FWD (we live in southern md and it doesn't get bad enough to need awd) out the door for 33,000. That isn't too bad.

So, now it is a make a decision time.
Rav4 for 22,000 out the door
Highlander for 33,000 out the door.

We likely won't trade in our older corolla with 160k miles, but might just to bring down the rate of the highlander.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, we got the Rav4 last night. Not what I wanted, but the wife's dream car. She always wanted the Rav, and they just happened to have a purple one...

I wanted a Highlander, and they gave us a pretty good quote for the Highlander at 33k out the door (without warranty). I would have put 3 down to finance 30k. It would have been a bit much, so we agreed to not get it. We paid 27k out the door with warranty for 125. I bought the warranty because of all the electronics and potential issues. Funny thing-the finance manager comes out and says the warranties range from 1k-3k. So, I had my phone ready with a guy in Kansas who sells them on the cheap from Toyota. Low and behold, they matched his offer. They tried telling me that their warranty was 3k, and I had to do it then (even though I KNEW I had 3 years or 36,000 miles to make up my mind. So, we paid for the warranty at 1700.

They also tried to get me to buy a 5 year all major tune ups covered (but no brakes or tires) for an additional 1k. I told him no thanks, and we get the first 2 years free anyway!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
So, we got the Rav4 last night. Not what I wanted.......!

So she wears the pants........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it was her turn for a car. Letting her pick the color let's me get into her pants MORE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the scratch warranty ? You didn't get that ? Because we DID on my wife's 4Runner. I was THRILLED and told her she should consider under coating next.

I like the Highlander's also.

Good luck with the purple people eater !

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Looking at New Rav4, Highlander, CRV & Tucson... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Glad you reminded me-I wanted to also add that to the list. I am not sure she is keen on the styling of the exterior, but worth a look. I wish they made a cx-7. I think I want something a bit bigger than the 5, but not necessarily as big as the 9.

I will keep you all posted. I expect to get something in the next 7-10 days...hopefully

Your getting your wish. The CX-7 is coming back. It's in the works.

I had a CX-7 I bought new in 2007. I kept the car until 100k miles and I owned it 5 years until it was paid off. I switch cars pretty quickly, but I owned this car longer than any car I have had before. It fit my lifestyle as a do it all car.

Oddly, my 2006 Honda Pilot was getting tired with 145k miles on it and I was tired of fixing it with common little repairs. I found a 2007 CX-7 last week with only 38k miles on it ! Traded in the Pilot the next day. So, I'm on my 2nd CX-7.

I think the Mazda crossovers are a little nicer than the Rav 4 or CR-V, but that's opinion. All nice cars, but you need to buy what you LIKE! I have found that everything costs you money in repairs, etc. and I'm only mad when I spend money on a car I bought with my only goal was "owning an inexpensive car". Best all-around car I have had was a 2008 BMW 335Xi. All-wheel Drive and a twin turbo. A very fast 4 door grocery getter. Great car, ultra-reliable. Drove like it was still brand new when it had 100k miles on it when I sold it. Only reason I sold it was I projected KBB value would drop fast when it had 150k miles on it. Time proved me right, thus it was better financially to sell it when I did. I'm still sad it's gone!

Good luck- get what you WANT!
Quote Reply

Prev Next