Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: entitled crybaby assholes [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally different positions, and the 2nd one doesn't even come close to United situation.

There is some arguments that the contract language doesn't allow United to involuntarily bump him in this circumstance.

A couple of things:

Even if he was in the right, he should have gotten off, filed a complaint or lawsuit. Otherwise, much like getting into an argument with the cops even if you are in the right. It's going to end badly.

Also, I have heard that he got off the plane once, seemingly agreeing to be bumped. Then he changed his mind and charged back onto the plane (was this when the cops were called?). If this is true, then at that point it became a federal crime and the cops had to remove him by any means necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: entitled crybaby assholes [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Btw II, three others got off that plane without incident.

irrelevant.

some people give their wallet over to a mugger without incident. some people resist.

both have the same exact rights to their wallet and chose to exercise them differently.

My wallet and a specific seat on a plane at a specific time are two totally unrelated things.

again, i didnt say they were the same. i pointed out, with an analogy, that just because some people act differently in a situation does not mean that either person is not within their rights.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

irrelevant.

some people give their wallet over to a mugger without incident. some people resist.

both have the same exact rights to their wallet and chose to exercise them differently.

My wallet and a specific seat on a plane at a specific time are two totally unrelated things.

again, i didnt say they were the same. i pointed out, with an analogy, that just because some people act differently in a situation does not mean that either person is not within their rights.

Yes, I know. People do have the right to be an asshole.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

irrelevant.

And some people get beat up by muggers for not giving up their wallets.

And some people get beat up for not giving up their seats.

It's all the same, really.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
If you say so.

I do say so and I am 100% correct. Show me something - anything - that says otherwise.

Duffy wrote:
Btw, there isn't going to be a lawsuit. An attorney is going to write a couple letters and UA is going to fork over millions.

Optics.

No. There will be no lawsuit because UA has no legal defense. None. It has nothing to do with optics.

Duffy wrote:

So what??? I bet one or all 3 sue UA for breach of contract.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: entitled crybaby assholes [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Totally different positions, and the 2nd one doesn't even come close to United situation.

There is some arguments that the contract language doesn't allow United to involuntarily bump him in this circumstance.

It isn't an argument. It is a fact. I posted a link to the complete contract in the UA thread.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: entitled crybaby assholes [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
efernand wrote:

It isn't an argument. It is a fact. I posted a link to the complete contract in the UA thread.

Yup, I was gonna post here but JSA's got it handled.... still we're talking about this... since many say "it's a contract he agreed to it!!!" Well, so did UA, and no one has posted any language from the contract allowing UA to remove a seated passenger from a plane (although oddly enough that situation is addressed in the UA contract) for overbooking. Surely it must be in there somewhere since so many believe it! (ironic, by the way, that the author of the USA Today article decries that no one reads the fine print.... apparently not having read, or at least understood, the fine print...)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 18, 17 10:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we should all just refuse to pay taxes.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

no, thats not my position. im pointing out that people argue #1 and also say person arguing #2 was being a crybaby. yet the arguments are apparently the same.

lack of consistency and self awareness acording to my observation.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

no, thats not my position. im pointing out that people argue #1 and also say person arguing #2 was being a crybaby. yet the arguments are apparently the same.

So then you're arguing that UA did the right thing by kicking him off the plane?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

So then you're arguing that UA did the right thing by kicking him off the plane?

nope.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Maybe it would make your position understandable if you quoted some specific examples.

From your POV, it sounds like they are a lot of them.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply

Prev Next