Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions?
Quote | Reply
So my regular ole gym bag is starting to give up its precarious hold on life and I am forced to start looking for a new one. So I am thinking fuck it I should get a nice one, maybe with a wet storage area and a place for my shoes. Looking for one that to use for the gym only.

What bags do you have and are happy with?

like the:

Under Armour - https://www.underarmour.com/...edium/pid1273255-001
OGIO - http://ogio.com/athletic/athletic-bags

I think I will go with the UA, but I have always been inpressed with the OGIO bags (golf) and quality..

or are we supposed to get grownup and get something more stylish? fuck some of these are pricey...

https://www.dsptch.com/...s/gym-work-bag-black
https://shop.lululemon.com/...p;color=LM9460S_0001
http://www.patagonia.com/...ce2155d5&netid=1
Quote Reply
Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [macbain_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Follow the herd. You don't want to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure how many "miles" I have on mine, but I think D'Wife got it at the LL Bean outlet and I kind of inherited it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Basic Nike medium duffel, 2 side pockets and a main pocket. I've had mine for the pool / gym / travelling and everything else for about 2 years, zero wear. Every once in a while it gets tossed in the wash to get chlorine / salt stains out.

I think I paid $25 Cdn for it. Anything more is overpaying for a gym bag.

Last year I also got a free bag when I joined the gym. Haven't used it yet, but it seems fine.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't consider a gym bag to be a rugged needs bag. It has to do three things: (1) transport nasty post-workout gear, (2) avoid absorbing post-workout nastiness, and (3) transport clean gear without transferring any previous nastiness.

I've found the best solution to be a simple mesh swim bag. My current one is made by TYR, and cost me all of about $12*, five years ago. I transport clothes, sneakers, toiletries, towels, etc. and it is in great shape, with very few signs of use. It also doubles as my day/beach bag when we're on vacation.

*The $20 versions have more attention to detail, and will probably give you a longer life while still coming in at a pretty low cost.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Ogio and it's held up OK. The only issue is on the inside where the side pockets connect to the top of the bag have pulled away a bit. It's not a big deal and all the other seams have held. I wish it had a few more compartments so I don't have to dig through everything in the side pocket each time I need something.

I checked out an Under Armour bag the other weekend and it did seem to be a little higher quality than the Ogio and had a few more compartments.
Quote Reply
Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same bag for maybe 15 years.

Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or you could sign up for an ironman and get one for "free".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are great: https://huckberry.com/...y/p/37487-gym-duffel

So are these, if you want a backpack style: https://www.dsptch.com/...s/gym-work-pack-grey

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [just jack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty sweet looking bag!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, since I know all of you can't sleep until you hear..... thanks for the suggestions, was going to go with the under armour bag, but ended getting a free (he got from his gym) one from my brother inlaw this evening.

Looks like I will be instead going for a new transition bag instead, most likely the OGIO endurance one.

a good tip I saw today....I hated putting my shower flip flops in the main bag in a grocery bag, seemed gross. but tonight I grab a carabiner and am going to clip them flippy flops to the outside of the bag!! all is good in macbain's world tonight...

Thanks for the input guys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the fuck? Take this question to the other forum -- you know, the one where people actually give a fuck about stupid questions like what kind of gym bag should I buy. Who cares? It's a fucking gym bag. Anything that will hold your shit will work. Even plastic grocery bags.

Are you going to ask us next whether your seat is too high? How many Gu's should you take on your next ride? Or what's the best saddle bag to hold all your stupid shit?
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Mar 28, 17 18:28
Quote Reply
Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What he said

Quote | Reply
Blow Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
What the fuck? Take this question to the other forum -- you know, the one where people actually give a fuck about stupid questions like what kind of gym bag should I buy. Who cares? It's a fucking gym bag. Anything that will hold your shit will work. Even plastic grocery bags.

Are you going to ask us next whether your seat is too high? How many Gu's should you take on your next ride? Or what's the best saddle bag to hold all your stupid shit?

Unless you're using this bag to hold your guns or smuggle illegal aliens across the southern border, this thread needs to be in the tri forum.
Quote Reply
Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IHOP wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

Unless you're using this bag to hold your guns or smuggle illegal aliens across the southern border, this thread needs to be in the tri forum.

Should not be pink....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Or you could sign up for an ironman and get one for "free".

Those bags are so nice, I feel like I'm ripping THEM off!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: I need a new Gym Bag, any suggestions? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
IHOP wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

Should not be pink....

Agree, and what's up with the pink "Blow me"? I would have you blow me but I lack a dick, thus the sarcasm?
Quote Reply