Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Inauguration open thread [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Fleck wrote:
Why does Trump tie his ties so long?

And also has his jacket open all the time?

Because he's literally Hitler.

Hitler buttoned his jackets

Trump is such an idiot he can't even Hitler correctly.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three pages and still no post about the biggest travesty of the day?

Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:

Duffy already hit ithe. Twice.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The highlight of the day...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h aha aha ah !

Is that Kleenex?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was worth the last year of putting up with the Trump nonsense, just to see that guy screaming.
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It was worth the last year of putting up with the Trump nonsense, just to see that guy screaming.

Guy? I think it's a girl. Or a xe.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched some of the lead up to it while I was on the treadmill. I probably would have watched the rest of it, but am on a job interview (well, headed home now :-) I'm not a Trump supporter but it has the same draw as a roadside accident.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ha ha. I watched it again, it is a woman...I think.

"They" all look alike.

Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
And I hope he keeps our troops safe and out of unnecessary conflict.

His responses have always been measured for appropriateness so I'm confident this will happen. Say what you want about the guy, but his retaliation is never over the top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I think it was the teacher from Orange College or whatever school. The one that had her anti Trump classroom rant go viral.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
tigermilk wrote:

Duffy already hit ithe. Twice.

I totally would. I love politics and rocket pops.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally had an opportunity to listen and read the transcript. Two observations:

(1) He's really not a gifted orator. I hadn't paid that much attention to it before and not that it's necessary for good leadership, but it's a contrast to how good & skilled Reagan and Obama were in this department. Then there was Bush Dos.

(2) I really don't recognize the America he described. It sounds like an awful place. If I believed it were that bad, I guess I'd be pissed off, angry, and fearful myself. It could have been summed up in one sentence "Absolutely everything is bad, everything is broken, nothing is good, it's all burned to the ground, but I'm going to fix it."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's almost like we don't live in one of the best places at the best time in history.

Eating out and they had the parade on. Nothing to do with Trump but I thought it looked crappy, rather than something put on by the richest nation in world history.

Piss poor lighting, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Absolutely everything is bad, everything is broken, nothing is good, it's all burned to the ground, but I'm going to fix it."

The best job to inherit is one that is fucked up because you can only go up. So this is how he sets the opening scene.

t's a contrast to how good & skilled Reagan and Obama were in this department.

Obama was OK in the beginning but then that hesitation thing he does really started to bug me. Bill C was much better IMO. Hitler could also get a crowd going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

That's Michael Moore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heqgnf-3YMc
Last edited by: ironmayb: Jan 21, 17 7:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Is that Kleenex?

What are the people protesting? Half of the country voted for him and our Electoral College process was officially validated. He is the legitimate POTUS.
It could have gone the other way but didn't. I really don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Is that Kleenex?

What are the people protesting? Half of the country voted for him and our Electoral College process was officially validated. He is the legitimate POTUS.
It could have gone the other way but didn't. I really don't get it.

watch the link I put up from Michael Moore. He is on "the majority" didn't vote for him. Better he acknowledges the EC victory and that the EC is in the constitution. Then says EC was put in the constitution to placate slave holding states!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

(2) I really don't recognize the America he described. It sounds like an awful place. If I believed it were that bad, I guess I'd be pissed off, angry, and fearful myself. "

I don't live in it, but I know people who do. Being out of work for 2 years, not getting promoted because of affirmative action, insurance costs doubling, taxes going up with worse service. (I do live the last one)
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:

watch the link I put up from Michael Moore. He is on "the majority" didn't vote for him. Better he acknowledges the EC victory and that the EC is in the constitution. Then says EC was put in the constitution to placate slave holding states!!

But what do these protesters want? There lives have not changed today as a result of the election. I really don't see what they hope to accomplish by protesting. There was more to protest from the 2000 election than now. Trump is the president.
I don't think the Republicans would be behaving this way of Hilary had won.
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FliGdEGBoIw

Oh my.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQgq_R13V3s

Have these celebrities moved out of the country yet?
Last edited by: johnnybefit: Jan 21, 17 9:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
(2) I really don't recognize the America he described. It sounds like an awful place. If I believed it were that bad, I guess I'd be pissed off, angry, and fearful myself. It could have been summed up in one sentence "Absolutely everything is bad, everything is broken, nothing is good, it's all burned to the ground, but I'm going to fix it."
I don't either, but I believe we've being going in the wrong direction for a long time and it's largely the fault of government and big business/lobby influence. I wholly agree with Trump that government should work FOR its citizens, but ours has only enriched the bureaucratic machine, paying lip service to 'helping the poor and needy'. We don't help the poor and needy, we give them handouts and enable them, making things worse and creating bubbles along the way. So while I don't think our country is a dreadful place to live, per the picture Trump was painting, I think it's frustrating as hell to see where things have gone. Almost $20T in debt and what, really, do we have to show for that money spent by our government?

People point to metrics like the stock market and unemployment rate and say 'hey things are great, thanks Obama!' but this is another set of metrics someone put together, and I think it largely reflects what Trump voters are angry about (note: Pres Obama is not the cause of these numbers being where they are, I'm not saying that at all. But he, and our Congressional leaders, certainly have a large hand in them):

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Absolutely everything is bad, everything is broken, nothing is good, it's all burned to the ground, but I'm going to fix it."

I thought his speech was good because it was consistent with his entire campaign and people voted for him based on those words. For those people, America is broken and he addressed that, as promised.

Trump is not a great orator and is not someone who will ever be as eloquent as Reagan, Clinton or Obama but I think it was important for him to stick with what got him elected and not suddenly change into someone he hasn't been for the last 2 years. He was elected to change Washington and that is exactly what he said he will do.

Now he has the chance to do that for real and the people can judge him accordingly. Obama made a lot of eloquent promises. I think it was a smart choice for Trump not to try to copy that. He has to stick to being himself and the people can judge the results in 4 years.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The problem with politics is the presidential race is turning into the Superbowl. If your team loses, you start throwing shit because your mad your team lost. It's almost like the issues don't matter for a lot these people. People don't know how to handle losing these days. People need to grow the fuck up.
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

But what do these protesters want? There lives have not changed today as a result of the election. I really don't see what they hope to accomplish by protesting. There was more to protest from the 2000 election than now. Trump is the president.
I don't think the Republicans would be behaving this way of Hilary had won.

to express their FEELINGS

I agree
Quote Reply
Re: Inauguration open thread [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious question: what about the Tangerine Tyrant makes you think he will "fix" the debt problem?

He wants lower taxes, increased military, a brand new wall, massive infrastructure spending. How does that add up to anything except more debt? There is no math that makes sense in that.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Last edited by: CaptainCanada: Jan 21, 17 9:37
Quote Reply

Prev Next