Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yoga pants [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
So it's not all about me?

For the last 23 years I've worked in a place with no women. I have a hard time with the concept of being picky about exactly what women are wearing when I'm generally very thankful to see something in the office that has taken a shower in the last couple days and represents the opposite gender :-)

~Matt

Im a manager for a larger retail chain, our avg customer count each week at my location is just over 15,000, most are women. While you are stuck in your Office in that sausagefest, I'm out here in retail deep in the trenches dealing with this yoga pants epidemic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
Thats my point...now only 2 out of 10 women are in the hot category the other 8 are meh. Go back to the Pre yoga pants days and you could easily add 2 or 3 more to the hot list just because they wore clothes that were more flattering to their body type and left a little to the imagination.

I just want to get this right. You're upset because not enough women are dressing in the fashion in which you think they look most attractive?

You're not upset because some 400#'r is wearing yoga pants but that some of the women that are wearing yoga pants would be more attractive to you if they wore something else more to your liking?

~Matt

I am just about tired of the women of the world not bringing me a sammich too. Oh, and a beer, a nice cold beer.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Yoga pants will die out just like any other fad. It will then turn into a problem like pajama pants are now where a few tools hang on. Personally I'll take seeing the yoga pants over pj's in public.

But you did hit on a bigger problem which likely will not go away, "pants or shorts that do not fit."
Yoga pants are not a dying fad. Who would have thought that gnarly skinny anything pant style would have taken off left alone lasted for well over ten years? Yoga pants are a big market and women will continue to pay big money for them along with all of that other athleisure apparel. Surely those who sport the look on an ongoing basis are probably not into fitness but enjoy the look, even if it does not suit them well. The pajama pants, especially with characters and alcoholic drinks plastered all over them are gross and only a specially breed think they are fashionable.

Quote | Reply
I don't know about cloths but if you are ever out here in the bay area you'll find that the nudists (men & women) are not exactly flattering.

Isn't that to be expected though? When we look at the population how many actually have "model'esque" bodies? Keep in mind that over 1/3 of Americans are obese and another third are over 55. Unless one expects only the hot attractive people to run around a beech naked then what one should expect is a good portion of the people on a nude beach to be older and or fat :-)

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While you are stuck in your Office in that sausagefest, I'm out here in retail deep in the trenches dealing with this yoga pants epidemic.

Read this sentence and tell me why I should have any sympathy at all for you :-)

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is it too much to ask to see a hot woman in a sexy summer dress, or a nice pair of shorts with tan legs, some jeans from time to time?

My legs are not for you to admire. They are for outrunning people.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Aug 24, 16 12:58
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO they are absolutely a fad. Just like tight fitting clothing is right now. We used to joke around saying don't let the tight fitting style of clothes ever come back into style. Laughing at pictures of older brothers and sisters from the 70's. Just like mens suits are now popular in sports cuts. I grew up with tight fitting clothes of the 70's which loosened up in the 80's and 90's. Back full circle to tight fitting clothing.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I grew up with tight fitting clothes of the 70's which loosened up in the 80's and 90's.

You must have grown up in a different 80's then I did. The 80's was the "Aerobic Exercise" phase and women running around in tights and those legging things was pretty common. Throw in the leather pants and there was plenty of "Tight" clothing. I can't remember a time in my life where, women specifically, didn't wear tight jeans.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, let's do the math:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
take numbe 2 - dress any day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do remember some bad jeans back then. The kind that seemed to go over the belly button and at times impossible tight. But I don't remember it being the style to wear tight fitting clothing all the time. But maybe I'm mixing that up with the early 90's when the grunge look came on.

I must still be blinded by the fluorescent colors of the 80's.

Either way I still think yoga pants are a fad and will eventually start to go away.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the winner is!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 - 3 -1

from the first set of pics

Last edited by: Leddy: Aug 24, 16 13:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
2 - 3 -1

That fine. You can have Cutler's wife. I'll take her:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
80's fashion included batwing sleeves, so it wasn't all about tight clothes, but it seems to me that the Victorian collars with ruffles and lace were big (not to mention those idiotic massive shoulder pads), as well as oversized t-shirts. But jeans were required to be as tight as possible, on both men and women. Those spiffy knitted leggings went over the jeans, as tights hadn't quite made it into everyday wear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy prefers the dress/yoga pants combo...

Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those are pantihose, the fringe is a small mercy
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flesh colored yoga pants :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work in a college, god bless the inventor of yoga pants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
Im in the minority on this topic but I'm just getting tired of seeing women in yoga pants all the time.

Women are a gift in pretty much every shape or form and clothing attire. If they want to wear yoga pants over a pair of Daisy Dukes, I will be thankful for the fact that they are there. Even if they decide to wear a burka they still smell good :-)

~Matt

Aren't you already married? Who the hell are you sucking up to?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And the winner is!
Sure, if any of the women walking around wearing yoga pants looked like those girls, ....

But they don't. They just don't.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Is it too much to ask to see a hot woman in a sexy summer dress, or a nice pair of shorts with tan legs, some jeans from time to time?

My legs are not for you to admire. They are for outrunning people.
if you pass me and probably 99% of all other men and you have nice legs, they will be checked out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
But you did hit on a bigger problem which likely will not go away, "pants or shorts that do not fit."

No matter what the current popular dress attire is some people will always fit better, be better looking, etc etc etc then other people.

Right, but could we please go back to a time when fat chicks were appropriately ashamed to be seen in public, rather than flaunting their pale, jiggly shit everywhere in clingy clothes that only accentuate rather than mitigate the horror?

And don't even get me started on compounding that visual offense with awful, stupid, low-quality tats...
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga pants [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Quit your complaining. As women our eye candy went from 80s beefcakes to pale bearded hipsters. Ooh you look so sexy in those mustard yellow tight cords- but you missed a crumb in your beard. Other than swimming at the Olympics every 4 years we pretty much have nothing.

Don't forget the idiotic hair bun on top...
Quote Reply

Prev Next