Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Germany beat Nigeria 2-0. Saturday Brazil vs. Germany should be very good and long.

I agree, should be good and as mentioned Brazil humiliating lose 2 years ago will certainly be on the Brazilian players (and fans) minds.
some media noise already started: http://www.goal.com/...-final-as-hosts-seek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now a handful of boxing officials have been fired after reviews suggest there may have been corrupted fight results. It gets better every day.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure Lochte and his boys stop by this place before the so-called stick up.
http://www.nydailynews.com/...ar-article-1.2754934

Quote | Reply
NBC just reported that Bentz and Conger were not allowed to board a plan in Rio, while Feigen did not show up to the flight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Now a handful of boxing officials have been fired after reviews suggest there may have been corrupted fight results. It gets better every day.

Michael Conlon's (Ireland) reaction to the judges decision after his loss to a Russian (SHOCKING!!!). Latest word is that the Russian can't even fight in the final since his face is so beat up.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Here it is. https://www.theguardian.com/...s-sent-home-rio-2016

Quote | Reply
That's the problem in boxing. If a judge is corrupt, accepts money and is found out, he gets sent home to spend all the money he made. Not a big disincentive for future judges.

What about the person or country paying the bribes? Are they going to investigate and punish them? Are they going to get the money back?

No, they'll send the judges home and move on and it will happen again at the world championships and next Olympics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
US women are out of the 4 x 100 relay after dropping the baton in the prelims. Ouch.

Quote Reply
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
US women are out of the 4 x 100 relay after dropping the baton in the prelims. Ouch.

I read they protested it (contact with the Brazilian team) and it was accepted. They will run against the clock tonight to see if they get into the finals.
Quote Reply
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I first watched the hand over from Felix, I thought she simply stumbled but then they showed a few frames earlier where the Brazilian stepped into her lane. Felix is my favourite runner, an incredibly graceful runner, very pleasant and someone who always shows great sportsmanship.

I was wondering if they would just bump the Chinese but you can't do that so it seems a good alternative. Let them run and earn the time. They should easily do it but still have to get the baton across the finish line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I read they protested it (contact with the Brazilian team) and it was accepted. They will run against the clock tonight to see if they get into the finals.

I haven't seen that yet. Or the race. I just read that they were out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're going to get the chance to run against the clock to qualify, and if they do, Canada is going to have to run against China again to see which of you guys stay in the finals.

Drama!

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
They're going to get the chance to run against the clock to qualify, and if they do, Canada is going to have to run against China again to see which of you guys stay in the finals.

Drama!

This is bullshit!!! We paid those Brazilians to knock the baton out of your hands fair and square!

Quote Reply
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if I saw it right they have to beat 42:70 to get into the final.

A sad story a British broadcaster who biked from London to Rio contacted a rare form of Malaria.

"She cycled 3,000 miles from London's Olympic Stadium to Rio to raise funds for the Jane Tomlinson Foundation, and was due to stay on in Rio as part of Team GB's Great Britons campaign alongside Nick Grimshaw and Jodie Kidd."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...ter-contracting-rar/

http://www.bbc.com/.../uk-england-37115095

Quote Reply
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Canada placed 7th so are safe. If the U.S beats China they are in the finals.

China and Canada had the same time but on CBC they said they determined Canada beat they by looking at the '000's of a second. If that is true, I wonder why they didn't do that in swimming to avoid having duplicate medals?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
If that is true, I wonder why they didn't do that in swimming to avoid having duplicate medals?

They explained that they only go with hundredths of a second in swimming because they are all touching different timing mats and getting them all synched to the thousandth of a second is very difficult. Or something like that...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Michael Conlon's (Ireland) reaction to the judges decision after his loss to a Russian (SHOCKING!!!). Latest word is that the Russian can't even fight in the final since his face is so beat up.

Amazing, now another athlete get a walk over to the final. Cut on his head to the left looks nasty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
If that is true, I wonder why they didn't do that in swimming to avoid having duplicate medals?

They explained that they only go with hundredths of a second in swimming because they are all touching different timing mats and getting them all synched to the thousandth of a second is very difficult. Or something like that...

The variation in the pool length is allowed to be more than the swimmer move in 1/1000 of a sec. The rules allow Olympics pools to vary by up to 3 cm over the length of the pool over the 50m. There is no specification on the lane to lane variation.

They only go to 1/100 of a sec because pools are not as precisely built as the timing can measure. Thus the higher number of ties.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at the gash on the Russian's head.

Maybe he won because he had more body shots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Look at the gash on the Russian's head.

Maybe he won because he RECIEVED more body shots.

FIFY :)
Quote Reply
Re: Rio Olympics Woes [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
banned from Rio, banned, elected, now retired, Russia's yelena isinbayeva.
http://www.bbc.com/...t/athletics/37136618

Last edited by: b4itwascold: Aug 19, 16 13:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More amazing seems to be that the she was just banned, and subsequently elected onto the IOCs athlete commission.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
More amazing seems to be that the she was just banned, and subsequently elected onto the IOCs athlete commission.

fixed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another mini drama with Australia.

"Australian athletes detained in Rio for alleged tampering with accreditation"
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/...2ccaa0eb1009c264e66b
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
http://news.nationalpost.com/...c-athletes-ambitions

Un - Fricking Believable.

You are right and thank you for posting. I am sitting here now trying to sort out a trip down for the Paralympics because I really want to see wheelchair rugby in a month. Heck, I am wondering if waiting to buy a flight is worth the risk of being able to attend at such a low cost.

This is becoming ugly. Is the Paralympics became the scapegoat of all this Olympic. Only 12% or so tickets sold. Changing venues to cut cost.
http://www.nytimes.com/...economic-crisis.html

ETA: and on top of all Russia has been banned from the Paralympics as well. Can't keep up with this..
http://www.cnn.com/...s-russia-ban-upheld/
Last edited by: b4itwascold: Aug 23, 16 11:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next