Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident)
Quote | Reply
Not really the first problem between a jew and a german...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [Kanipupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Content?
Link?
Something?
Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [haris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.haaretz.com/...n/spages/604536.html

Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link.
Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [haris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he didn'y condemn terrorist attacks in Tibet, the Phillipines, Bali, Ireland, or the Sudan.

Quit freakin whinin Israel. Professional victim nation.

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

NeoCon by the Rolling Stones
Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [Haondotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he didn'y condemn terrorist attacks in Tibet, the Phillipines, Bali, Ireland, or the Sudan.

Were there attacks there in the last week?

I didn't know that there was a week long cutoff timetable. And if the Pope was to condemn terrorist attacks against Israel he should also condemn Israel's own state sponsored terror campaign.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Sharon you fat whiner.

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I didn't know that there was a week long cutoff timetable. And if the Pope was to condemn terrorist attacks against Israel he should also condemn Israel's own state sponsored terror campaign.

Aren't you clever. You got me on the time frame.

The pope was talking about "recent" terror attacks. All the ones he mentioned happened in the last 2-3 weeks. 2 weeks ago there was also a suicide bombing in Israel, that was not mentioned.

But anyway your bias is pretty evident, so there's no point in me trying to convince you.

In Reply To:

But anyway your bias is pretty evident, so there's no point in me trying to convince you.
Likewise

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Condemn Israelis terror campaign?

What the US is doing is FAAARRR worse than Israel. There are bombings or fear in Israel EVERY day. Israel says stop, they dont, and they arent just going to sit back. Would you? Would the US?

The US has been attacked ONCE by terrorists and we are attacking people because of it who had nothing to do with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Likewise
You dont know a fucking thing about me.

Whoa, man. You feeling OK? You just cursed at the guy for saying, "Likewise."

I'm just sayin'.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Further,you obviously don't know the history with the pope and the Jews (blood libel, etc). For years the entire church was at arms with the Jews (obvious), but it was until recently where there were MANY moves towards coming at peace with eachother. Pope Paul II was pushing that motive for his entire life.

This pope seems to be stepping backwards. When the peace between the church and jewish people was approaching, but is all in a sudden stopped -- we should be worried, especially the leader of Israel.
Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [teege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This pope seems to be stepping backwards. When the peace between the church and jewish people was approaching, but is all in a sudden stopped -- we should be worried, especially the leader of Israel.

Laughable. "Seems" to be stepping backwards? Like, whatever. I seem to recall that one of his first acts as pope was to meet with Jewish leaders. And I missed whatever steps backward you're dreaming up and spewing out.

Obviously, not mentioning Israel specifically in a condemnation of terrorism is the first step towards the next Holocaust.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you think of national terrorism, whats the first country you think of? Israel. No doubt about it.

To not mention it at all? That's not too credible IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

When that guy...

1) doesn't bother to get his facts correct in the first place (yeah no shit the pope didnt condemn the Bali attacks in a sentence referring to recent attacks)

2) comes back with nonsense like "Quit freakin whinin Israel. Professional victim nation. " and "Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Sharon you fat whiner."

3) hasn't been around long enough to take part of any of the Israel/Palestine discussions here but presumes to know that I'm biased

yeah, I'll curse at him. He certainly hasn't done a thing to earn my respect, that's for sure.

When you think of national terrorism, whats the first country you think of? Israel. No doubt about it.

Err, actually, not Israel.

To not mention it at all? That's not too credible IMO.

Yes, yes. You and Sharon have both peered into the tea leaves and seen the Pope as anti-Semite. Gotcha.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hasn't been around long enough to take part of any of the Israel/Palestine discussions here but presumes to know that I'm biased

You presumed to know he's biased, jhc, and I submit that he has just as much evidence for his assumption as you have for yours.

yeah, I'll curse at him. He certainly hasn't done a thing to earn my respect, that's for sure.

OK, on that note, I'm out. Gettin' pretty testy in here, and I'm not sure exactly why. Never a good sign.

Quote Reply
Re: Sharon vs the pope (diplomatic incident) [Kanipupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Not really the first problem between a jew and a german... "

.....or the first problem between Jews and the Catholic church. A good read is the book "Hitler's Pope: The Secret History of Pius XII" by John Cornwell.

It's contraversial, but a very good read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Likewise
You dont know a fucking thing about me.
Ditto

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto

Here's what I know about you:

1) And he didn'y condemn terrorist attacks in Tibet, the Phillipines, Bali, Ireland, or the Sudan. = not paying attention

2) Quit freakin whinin Israel. Professional victim nation...And if the Pope was to condemn terrorist attacks against Israel he should also condemn Israel's own state sponsored terror campaign...Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Sharon you fat whiner. = yeah, I feel pretty confident, given your own words on this thread, saying you have a bias.

In Reply To:
You presumed to know he's biased, jhc, and I submit that he has just as much evidence for his assumption as you have for yours.
See my post above- - I submit that you're wrong on this one.

In Reply To:
Ditto

Here's what I know about you:

1) And he didn'y condemn terrorist attacks in Tibet, the Phillipines, Bali, Ireland, or the Sudan. = not paying attention No it equals expressing an opinion that there are terror attacks all over the world in many different conflicts. Why does Israel always have to stand up whining "what about us" whenever someone condemns terror. Ohhh look its lunchtime and that German Pope hasn't condemned the PLO yet! anti-semite bastard!

2) Quit freakin whinin Israel. Professional victim nation...And if the Pope was to condemn terrorist attacks against Israel he should also condemn Israel's own state sponsored terror campaign...Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Sharon you fat whiner. = yeah, I feel pretty confident, given your own words on this thread, saying you have a bias. See my point above.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No it equals expressing an opinion that there are terror attacks all over the world in many different conflicts. Why does Israel always have to stand up whining "what about us" whenever someone condemns terror. Ohhh look its lunchtime and that German Pope hasn't condemned the PLO yet! anti-semite bastard!

Serious question: are there other recent terror attacks that the pope left off the list?

I can think of a reason why the pope may have left Israel off, and I'm sure things will be clarified with the Vatican envoy. Still, it's not like the Catholic Church and Israel/Jews have been age-old allies, so it's not surprising that Israel would be a little hypersensitive.

Prev Next