Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one?
Quote | Reply
the folks at leftlane told me that many of you clicked over, but that none of you bought. no big deal one way or the other, but, did any of you buy any of these?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would've, but sold out in 58cm when I checked. FYI...they're selling the rest on active.com gearup (or whatever it's called). If you're a member, you can score an additional 15% off on whatever's left.

I'm proficient in 3 languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looked, but didn't have a road frame in my size
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I clicked over and looked but as the other poster said, they were also on ACTIVE.COM they were out of my size so it was a moot point.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up an AC1SL frameset from their previous blowout at the end of November '12 (on cyclesport.com). I forward the link to some friends but the appropriate sizes were gone too quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep! got one in XS. Great deal and glad it could fit what I was looking for! Couldn't find a better deal on a similar quality frame. I'm not sure if I clicked the link and ordered right then thought. I may have directly typed in their url and ordered that way (hence the lack of a purchase recorded from your link). But without the head's up on hear, I wouldn't have known at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one? [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clicked over but didnt buy. Couldnt work up the strength to pull the trigger and then have to explain to the wife.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one? [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked one up for my father-in-law. The guy needs a little more exercise in his life.

Thanks for the heads-up on the sale.
Last edited by: JPDMD25: Jul 2, 13 16:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have but got a new frame two weeks ago. Oh the timing :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, got a 54cm AC1 and plan on building it up with Ultegra 6800.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone get the following email from Leftlane? I'm pretty pissed off. I sold my bike anticipating a new frame set to build up. Thanks for nothing!!!

"Thank you for your support and for shopping at LeftLaneSports.com. I wanted to give you a quick update on your order. Unfortunately, we received our shipment of Blue Competition cycles in damaged condition. Several boxes of bikes were damaged by the freight company in transit to our warehouse. Unfortunately, the bikes no longer meet our standards and are unavailable to sell."
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one? [One-K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks! Mine said it shipped on Monday and should arrive tomorrow. I hope it's not damaged :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Thats pretty poor, even if it is not their fault and the fault of the freight company. They should at least give you a coupon code or gift certificate as a I'm sorry. You should write them back, they'll do something to compensate you and to try to keep you as a customer. If they dont, they've probably lost your business for good.

Quote Reply
Re: Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one? [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told they are getting more bikes: Kestrel and Blue. They would not guarantee/replace my original purchase with the new Blue inventory they are getting in the next 30 days. Oh, they gave me a coupon code for 10% off my next purchase. It does not solve my problem of being bike less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 10% off code is a slap in the face. I would write them explaining the problem it has caused and give them the chance to right the situation, if not I wouldnt shop there. Kestrel used to be good stuff but these days I wouldnt consider buying one unless it were 70-80% off retail. the quality has gone way down and the models are just the same thing regurgitated over and over. There is no design involved anymore. In the used market their old stuff sells for more than the newer models. I hope blue doesnt get turned into a kestrel like discount brand with no innovation. It would be sad to see.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an issue as well. I didnt get the damaged email you received, but I got one stating that the fame I purchased was unavailable. I ended up cancelling the order -- sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one? [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Leftlane over committed and are trying to get out of fulfilling orders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They did offer me the same frame in a different color, but I decided to pass. I was told they didnt get the correct shipment they had ordered/promised from Blue.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Bikes from LeftLane: did you buy one? [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is beginning to sound like a 'scam'. How many reasons/excuses did they send out? I wasn't offered another color or replacement. My LBS is contacting Blue to get their story. I may stop by the Blue HQ myself. It's only 3 miles from my house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When did you guys get these emails? This is all making me quite worried
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One-K wrote:
Sounds like Leftlane over committed and are trying to get out of fulfilling orders.
Absolutely. It's unfortunate that a company has to do business like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to worry you. I received an email from Leftlane yesterday around 1pm ET. Something is just not right about the 3-4 'stories' Leftlane is sending out. This is the first time I purchased from them and I don't see myself visiting their site again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah same here. I'll let you know what shows up at the door.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buddy of mine is due to receive his frame today. Hasn't received any weird emails.

Sounds to me like these guys over committed their sales in regards to their inventory/what they could get. Pretty shady business practice even if they are giving refunds (although them holding your money for a period of time (~2 weeks) is pretty shitty too.

The 10% future discount is pretty lame too. They give that thing away like candy (literally anyone can email them and just ask for a code and they'll get the discount - I've done it several times).

I'd call them up and go batshit crazy and see if there's anything better that they can offer me.

Also - I disagree wholeheartingly with the poster who was bashing Kestrel. I couldn't be further on the other end of the spectrum on his opinion. I'm stoked with my 4000 and some of their road bikes (the Legend in particular) look incredible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next