Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [irf3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irf3 wrote:
Hi Chris,

Do you have any plans to eventually release a 45 or 50 mm deep set? Thanks!

Not in the near future. Potentially in our next generation of wheels. But... there is a LOT that needs to happen before we consider that!

Take care,

Ian

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am torn between a 60/60 or 60/90. I am a little guy (5'9" & race at about 135lbs). My last 70.3 I averaged 21.1mph. I am buying these wheels for triathlons from sprint to 140.6. Triathlon is the main reason I am buying these but I would also love to throw them on my road bike every now and then. I also plan on getting a wheelcover for the rear.
I know that either combo will be much better than my training wheels that I have been racing on so I just want to post this and get some people opinions. I have read and reread Flo's responses on this so I just want to get everyone else’s .02. So at my weight and speed what would you get?
P.S.
I am leaning toward the 60/90 basically because it is a toss up and I like how the 90 rear looks.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [stevemurf1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in the same situation and my solution is to get the 60 front and just a cover for the rear currently on my bike (its a training wheel there now) in hopes to upgrade my rear to have a PT in the next year. Figured I would save the coin now and have it to spend on a meter later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to get a pair of each, then I can do whatever!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevemurf1 wrote:
I am torn between a 60/60 or 60/90. I am a little guy (5'9" & race at about 135lbs). My last 70.3 I averaged 21.1mph. I am buying these wheels for triathlons from sprint to 140.6. Triathlon is the main reason I am buying these but I would also love to throw them on my road bike every now and then. I also plan on getting a wheelcover for the rear.
I know that either combo will be much better than my training wheels that I have been racing on so I just want to post this and get some people opinions. I have read and reread Flo's responses on this so I just want to get everyone else’s .02. So at my weight and speed what would you get?
P.S.
I am leaning toward the 60/90 basically because it is a toss up and I like how the 90 rear looks.

My understanding is that the 90 is better than a 60 only if you can maintain speeds greater than ~24mph. And considering that you are so light, it would seem that the 60/60 combo is exactly what you need. I am 6'1" 155lbs, and riding on 808s makes me feel a bit unsafe when there are even moderate crosswinds. If I end up getting FLOs, I'll be getting the 60/60 and a wheel cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevemurf1 wrote:
P.S.

It is a tough choice. Feel free to ask if you have any additional questions.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would/will there be any issues with a Felt B2?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris,

If I buy these on the 1st preorder day (friday 23rd), is there a chance I will have these by the 1st weekend in May? I live on the East Coast and no you will be shipping from Vegas. I've been waiting for these to launch for over a year and want them on my bike for my 1st race of the season.

Thanks in advance

Quote | Reply
b.will wrote:
Would/will there be any issues with a Felt B2?

What year is your frame?

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Perrier11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perrier11 wrote:
Chris,

If I buy these on the 1st preorder day (friday 23rd), is there a chance I will have these by the 1st weekend in May? I live on the East Coast and no you will be shipping from Vegas. I've been waiting for these to launch for over a year and want them on my bike for my 1st race of the season.

Thanks in advance

There is a chance but I can not guarantee it. There are a lot of people signed up and there is a good chance we will sell through the first order fairly quickly. To be fair we have to take orders on a first come first serve basis.

I hope that helps,

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris,

I have a 2010 Felt B2 Pro. Any issues with fit?

Bill
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [billyd0012] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
billyd0012 wrote:
Chris,

I have a 2010 Felt B2 Pro. Any issues with fit?

Bill

I have an 08 DA... which uses the same frame shape as your B2 Pro and have no issues at all. You'll be fine.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May be hard to find but any chance you can check clearance on a Kuota Kueen K? Mine is an 09' but I think thay are all the same. I doubt there would be any issues as it seems to have good clearance.
Thanks
Last edited by: stevemurf1: Feb 16, 12 13:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevemurf1 wrote:
May be hard to find but any chance you can check clearance on a Kuota Kueen K? Mine is an 09' but I think thay are all the same. I doubt there would be any issues as it seems to have good clearance.
Thanks

I haven't been able to test this bike to date. That said I haven't heard of any clearance issues with Kuota.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris,

Can you tell us what the "special warranty" will include on the preorder?

Sorry if this has already been said, but I could not find it in any of the threads.

Brad

"Tri Harder"
Beach 2 Battleship 2010 - 12:37:00
IM Florida 2012 - 11:29:50
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Btmagician13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Btmagician13 wrote:
Chris,

Can you tell us what the "special warranty" will include on the preorder?

Sorry if this has already been said, but I could not find it in any of the threads.

Brad

We are finalizing everything as we speak... that information will be available on day 4 of the launch (February 23). Sorry I don't have an answer for you right now but we are taking a incredible amount of information and doing our best to release as clearly and concisely as we can.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a chance but I can not guarantee it. There are a lot of people signed up and there is a good chance we will sell through the first order fairly quickly.

If this guy places an order on the very first day of your pre-order sale: 2/23/12, how is it that you cannot assure delivery of his wheels 10 weeks later?

This is just one guy!! How many other people are you going to leave hanging? You need to brush up on your supply chain management and order fulfillment procedures before you start taking orders dude.

Why have a pre-order sale if you are going so vague about fulfilling those orders?

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Feb 17, 12 19:08
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for an answer............

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You bumped in less than an hour for an answer....

Okay I don't work for this company at all, but I'll attempt a logical answer. The presale is being done on a first come first serve basis. The firsts orders will be filled first. It's quite possible that if demand is high enough, that any customer might miss out on the first batch of wheels. This makes it very difficult to assess when an order will be filled.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:
There is a chance but I can not guarantee it. There are a lot of people signed up and there is a good chance we will sell through the first order fairly quickly.

If this guy places an order on the very first day of your pre-order sale: 2/23/12, how is it that you cannot assure delivery of his wheels 10 weeks later?

This is just one guy!! How many other people are you going to leave hanging? You need to brush up on your supply chain management and order fulfillment procedures before you start taking orders dude.

Why have a pre-order sale if you are going so vague about fulfilling those orders?

Have you signed up for the pre-order and read the highly detailed answer we have already provided?

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AnthonyS wrote:
You bumped in less than an hour for an answer....

Okay I don't work for this company at all, but I'll attempt a logical answer. The presale is being done on a first come first serve basis. The firsts orders will be filled first. It's quite possible that if demand is high enough, that any customer might miss out on the first batch of wheels. This makes it very difficult to assess when an order will be filled.

Precisely.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:

The ship date is updated in the shopping cart as wheels sell. Maybe you should brush up on your reading skills.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A "Pre-Sale" is two things. It is the taking of advance money (orders) from consumers for a real product on a clearly defined date as in the iPhone4S. It is also the precise delivery of the actual product to the consumer as promised in the terms of the order.

Flo does not have wheels in any bike shop where the consumer can actually see or touch them. There is no clearly tangible product for the consumer to appreciate. Everything Flo has done is Virtual. There is no such thing as a Flo Wheel other than what you have been told = it's 'on the way'.......no precision in order fulfillment

If I were Flo or any other company attempting to introduce a new 'cutting edge' product to the tri/cyling category, I would put them in a brick and mortar store first.

Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you should brush up on your reading skills.

I have a brand new LG Aero Helmet that I will give away -- for free -- to the first slowtwitcher to post on this forum a photo of their new Flo Wheels on their bicycle on or before April 23, 2012.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:
Maybe you should brush up on your reading skills.

I have a brand new LG Aero Helmet that I will give away -- for free -- to the first slowtwitcher to post on this forum a photo of their new Flo Wheels on their bicycle on or before April 23, 2012.

And I have no doubt you wont have to give your helmet away. The Flo launch page clearly states 60-90 days after March 7th.
Quote Reply

Prev Next