Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [Picasso_Bull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an avid leg shaver, i don't have a (hairy) leg to stand on...
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Great ideas...I really like the wine one, and the margaritas one.

if he likes classical music you could get a CD of chamber music, a CD of horns playing classical Christmas music, or whatever. that might refer to pipers piping. you could play it as you cook, or have someone come over and cook for both of you.

for the maids milking, how about a cheese course? (sounds like you guys are foodies, so that's why i keep mentioning food...) then you could watch the movie Big Night, or some other movie that's about food. you could have small wedges of a couple of different cheeses and eat them during a movie, or have friends over, etc.

for the pear tree, you could get him a coffee mug that has a pear on it. or get him those little jelly pears that have the tips dipped in chocolate. there are all kinds of pear candies. or even a pear scent candle. there are also asian pears that are quite good sliced up in a salad, or sauteed. pears are great any time of year and holiday'ish. there are beautiful pear ornaments that i've seen in stores.

i have to look at the list again for more ideas. but maybe this is enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
four calling birds:
does he like birds at all? this time of year is great for bird feeders, if he has some kind of place to hang it outside. get a small bird feeder with seed and the birds will come. you will most certainly have calling birds! and watching them is something you can do together.

you can also get a small bird book about birds in your area.

ok, that's all the ideas i have. :)
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [Picasso_Bull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NTTAWWT!
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...more good ideas. I'm going to start finalizing my list this week, so I can start buying/making plans this weekend...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
four calling birds:
does he like birds at all? this time of year is great for bird feeders, if he has some kind of place to hang it outside. get a small bird feeder with seed and the birds will come. you will most certainly have calling birds! and watching them is something you can do together.

you can also get a small bird book about birds in your area.

ok, that's all the ideas i have. :)
I've got a screaming macaw you can have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"(so whatever he wants he normally buys for himself)," - GhiaGirl

Hate to be a party-pooper .... but ..... obviously I can't speak for all guys ... maybe some guys here can help me out ... either confer or disagree ... but the above comment pretty much says it all.

Judging from myself, Guys just aren't great with recieving presents like girls. I know I'm very specific about what I want at any point in time and I'll go out and get what I want for myself. And it's usually not cheap. So if I recieve a present, chances are it's not going to be according to what I specifically want.

It drives my wife nuts. Christmas, birthday she insists on giving me something and when she tries to dig out from me what I might want to have, I'm pretty non-descript and less than enthusiastic. Usually I say there's no need don't bother. So she goes out and get's something anyway.

But my wife and all the GFs I had before marriage, never came across one that wasn't thrilled to get gifts. Now my Mrs is still convinced that making me happy is giving me gifts because it thrills her to bits ... for the 'thoughtfulness'. What really makes me happy is when my woman goes out of her way to please and spoil me a little ....

... nice dinner, rent my fav movie like James Bond or some action stuff, followed by nice massage ... followed by romantic foreplay ... followed by torrid sex.... she can wrap herself in a ribon and present herself in her birthday suit would be a great present!

OK here's a question for the boys .... which do you think will score more points with your lady? (someone you're with and has feelings for you or someone who is potentially developing interest in you and not some gold digging chick) ...

A) A one time $1500 present, something like an elegant piece of jewelry or a designer handbag and shoe set or an au couture dress.

or

B) A series of 5 approximately $100 thoughtful presents spread over half a year amounting to $500.

How does the female mind work and why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Give him experiences, not tangible gifts (he can, and will, buy those on his own). For example:

A hot air balloon ride.

A star gazing tour at the local observatory (I don't know if they have those there).

Oil painting lessons (assuming he has never done them).

Whale watching tour.

Rare plant hunting trip in China.

Antartica trip on a sailing ship from the 1800s.

Backpacking trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I like the plant hunting trip to china, but that will have to wait (maybe in conjunction with the olympics or if they ever get IM China), our travel calendar for 2007 is already full (with races, conferences, weddings, and other backpacking trips).
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Nov 28, 06 12:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her BF would either have to be an avid bird watcher (statistically not likely), gay (not good) or a metro-male. (which is even worse)
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [kangaroo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm sure he's like that...as a matter of fact neither of us are big on getting gifts. That's why most of these things are small, mostly as a way to show my appreciation for/to him, little things that he'll remember or use regularly, or look forward to using (like the wine).

I'm trying to keep with the theme of 12 days of christmas, but they aren't necessarily 'presents' like most people think of, the books and DVD I mention all have some significance in our relationship, and are things I know he'd enjoy reading/watching/talking about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roo, here it is only November 28th and the amount of thought this girl has put into a Chrimstmas gift for her man is truly inspiring. You don't "get it" because GhiaGirl obviously has enough class to hang out with guys who are well beyond your level. If your idea of a thoughtful gift is a naked girl wrapped in a bow than perhaps you'd be better served on some other website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have 3 cats and 2 dogs, plus a backyard of wild birds that would love to have your macaw. honestly. send it right over!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She will take your finger off. And, for whatever reason, she only likes females. Do you have any males in the house?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a bitch pug, and 2 female cats that would love to tear that bird's guts out.

someone will take your bird. maybe a ronchie old lady would like her, one that would teach it to cuss and drink gin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't met a dog or cat yet that will stand up to my big red chicken.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"as a matter of fact neither of us are big on getting gifts" - GhiaGirl

Yeah my Mrs usually sings that tune too. But when I give her something, anything as long as it represents thoughtful, she's thrilled to bits. Somehow although I can't confirm but I do suspect you're similar in that femme way. You would not be putting such thought for your BF's presents if you weren't. If he didn't get you something for Christmas ... maybe global warming would be a thing of the past and the new ice age would be here -:) .... just a speculation.

As for me as a guy, I genuinely do not want anything and would be just thrilled to see the kids enjoy their presents and have something to give which will bring a smile to my wife's face. I'm getting myself my own Christmas present which is a pair of state of the art speed in-line skates with the 100mm wheels... and they're not cheap so I wouldn't expect anyone to buy them for me. Another thing I'm aiming for is a Carbon Soloist and that again is not el cheapo.

Actually those experiences gift ideas of yours are not a bad idea. As a bloke I wouldn't mind if my lady were to arrange a dive trip or something similar.
Last edited by: kangaroo: Nov 28, 06 13:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey nothing wrong with "back to basics".

Naked girls wrapped in a bow, we then proceed to jacuzzi, smoke some hooch, get into the mood. Sit her on the water jet, to get a little stimulation, and take it from there etc ..."back to basics"

When you've got four young joeys tearing the place up ... the above sounds pretty good to me and pretty much something attainable only in the nostalgic past.

Yeah but I can see it too; our tri girls here are fit of body and active of mind and never short on imagination.

Did you know that it is much harder (practically impossible) to put a fit girl down... lights out in bed ... than one who is basically sedentary? Fit girls can come and come and still be ready and willing for more, after your jaw starts aching and you've already blown your beans, whereas your everyday shiela will be buggerred by the 3rd or 4th set of quiverings. Well that's my experience anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh my
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pictures, or it didn't happen!!

Steve
TNO OT castaway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm convinced you're impotent.
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [stevensondrive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was so long ago, if I had pics they would be faded by now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a bitch pug, and 2 female cats that would love to tear that bird's guts out.

I doubt a pug or a couple of cats could tear out a macaw's guts. My boyfriend has one and when she's in a mood there's no messing with her. The power of the beak is not to be underestimated.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I did managed 4 kids so far and one from my previous marriage which makes five. ..... hang on .... funny how my kids all resemble the neighbour! -:)

.... actually they don't .... so no wuckin furries there thanks! If I was about, I would hide your pug away if I were you though! I like puggies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well I did managed 4 kids so far and one from my previous marriage which makes five. ..... hang on .... funny how my kids all resemble the neighbour! -:)

Raising respectable children is a sign of manhood, not having them. Based on your behavior on ST, I can't imagine the influence you have on these young lives is anything but negative.

Two roos a-drowning,
And an obnoxious Aussie roasting rotisserie-style!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey the thing kittykat was refering to was impotency not manhood or responsibility. It was meant I would say on her part as well as light hearted humour.

I bring up my kids just fine thank-you. Just because you don't agree with my political take on things on ST doesn't give you licence to get that personal. Too bad this is on the internet and not face to face. You sound just like a frikin bitch.

"Two roos a-drowning,
And an obnoxious Aussie roasting rotisserie-style! "

And what's this imature shit ... is it your idea of funnies? Maybe you can explain it cuz I sure don't get it and I seriously doubt anyone else does either. Before you point the fingure at someone else for a character flaw (which I seriously don't mind as long as it's just me you're pointing at) check out your own behaviour ...dickhead!
Last edited by: kangaroo: Nov 28, 06 14:28
Quote Reply

Prev Next