Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 E-Tube Experts: Can you change button function with Shift Mode
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if you can change the button functions with the shift mode? What I mean is, in Synchro mode (Shift Mode 1), I would like my extension and brake buttons to shift the RD up and down (normal). But, when I change to Semi-Synchro in Shift Mode 2, I want my extension buttons to shift the RD up and down, but the brake buttons to shift the FD up and down.

It seems like the button functions are programmed outside of the shift mode, so shift mode cannot alter button behaviors. At least, that is what it seems like with the iPad app. Is this possible either in the Windows app or elsewhere in the iPad app?
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 E-Tube Experts: Can you change button function with Shift Mode [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“It seems like the button functions are programmed outside of the shift mode, so shift mode cannot alter button behaviors”

You are correct - at this point button behaviour is separate from Synchro mode

You mention the iPad app ... which means you have the D-Fly wireless unit. Here’s something you could do (not mid-ride, but Mobile via iPad or iPhone):

Use multiple saved profiles in the E-TUBE app to save your two Di2 Button Map plans as you outline in your post. Through the mobile app you’d be able to load either Map easier than re-configuring each buttons function
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 E-Tube Experts: Can you change button function with Shift Mode [liquid_speed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
liquid_speed wrote:
You are correct - at this point button behaviour is separate from Synchro mode

You mention the iPad app ... which means you have the D-Fly wireless unit. Here’s something you could do (not mid-ride, but Mobile via iPad or iPhone):

Use multiple saved profiles in the E-TUBE app to save your two Di2 Button Map plans as you outline in your post. Through the mobile app you’d be able to load either Map easier than re-configuring each buttons function
Thanks, bummer, and yes. I was thinking of the full manual mode as an emergency backup in the case that Synchro either lost its mine or drove me nuts. I usually have my phone with me, so I can create a saved profile with the manual mode in my hip pocket. Thanks for the idea.
Quote Reply