Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mental part of indoor training
Quote | Reply
I'm really starting to busting out the indoor training...particularly treadmill milages. However, my Sudoku puzzle solving skills seem to take a big hit depending on my intensity level. Like, when I'm in Z1/2 I'm doing Medium levels difficulty all day long in example effort of 9-10 minutes. But when is doing Z5 effort, usually taking me like 15 minutes (even when doing same puzzle as before LOL!!!) What times are you solving your treadmill Sudoku puzzles and is your TP TSS for training effort? I will map data to see if there is a helpful correlation.
Quote Reply
Re: Mental part of indoor training [Testament TN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm.

it takes me just about forever in z5 to do the Sudoku, cuz I take off my glasses.... -8.0 and -8.5 prescription, can't see a damned thing...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression that Candy Crush or Words with Friends killed the Sudoku market

I guess I was wrong

Keep the faith, Mathlete

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Mental part of indoor training [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG - am I the guy with the titanium aero bike?!?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a hard time following film or TV when working hard....
Quote Reply
Re: Mental part of indoor training [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One recent study showed it was difficult to concentrate on a task while working hard

RandMart wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/well/move/the-battle-of-brains-vs-brawn.html

It would be interesting to see what the results would be if they had used female subjects as well [or redo it, with women instead]. But then, it's CAMBRIDGE ... male rowers are pretty much all they had to choose from, athletics-wise

Where I saw this posted originally, someone asked "I might have thought that higher order brain functions would have been more likely to be ignored in favor of what we are asking of our muscles in the immediate: 'Gotta run now, that saber tooth tiger is chasing me and figuring out the wheel can wait.'"

To which I replied: "Let's say we have two cavemen in that example:

"Fred is going shut his brain off to run as fast as he can, for as long as he can, in a straight line, and hope he can outpace the tiger

"Barney is going to sacrifice a little bit of performance, to keep his brain functioning well enough to think 'There's a cave, can I hide there?' or 'should I climb this tree to get away?' or 'can I throw this rock at the tiger?' or 'remember that bush, so I can find my way back' or 'oh! a pond! good to know for the tribe when we need water'

"Which one is more likely to be coming home to Bedrock?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the end of a 2 ironman year I found I could hold 180W or like 3.1watts per kilo while doing wooden blocks on my phone at the end of a 4 hour trainer ride. Jeez I thought I had mad skilz. Better up my game I suppose.
Quote Reply