Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Island House 2017 [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harsh words. Kuddos to Luke and all of his hard work on this event. We does not just pop over for vacation lol. That guy works his butt off year round for this even let alone still manages to be a fasther, professional triathlete and new business owner (Wynn). You should come out next year and volunteer if you think its a holiday! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great drone footage of the sprint finish!
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Well, some of the guys in that short vid don't really seem to push that hard....others do seem to do so.[/quote]

You've got to remember that it's been a long season for some of those guys. Hoffman just came off the Hawaii double which could explain his slower performance. And did you see where Sebi collapsed at the finish of the beach run? Dude gave it everything he had![/quote]

Yep, chapeau for Kienle. he sure earned his vacation and some mad props to the LD guys who took on the short course Aces.[/quote]
And Terenzo - he was 6th in Kona and about damn won the thing. Impressive...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Harsh words. Kuddos to Luke and all of his hard work on this event. We does not just pop over for vacation lol. That guy works his butt off year round for this even let alone still manages to be a fasther, professional triathlete and new business owner (Wynn). You should come out next year and volunteer if you think its a holiday! :)

Yeah, that dude was a bit too harsh.

Anyways, getting back to your original question: I really like your recap videos, but to me it's not enough. I understand live coverage is close to impossible due to the remote location, but I wish they would put out some kind of "highlight" video of the racing itself; I want to see how the race panned out. Who was leading? Did someone fade? How places were being changed throughout the day of racing.

I know they will put together that 45 min video in a few months, but it's still kind'a like an extended version of your videos with a bit of commentary.

I love that I can go on youtube and look at the Super League race in its entirety, and know exactly what happened during that race.
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man I appreciate the feedback. Do remember I am not paid to do any of this lol. This is a self funded venture for me and is a hobby lol. I just go to the race my girlfriend (Ellie Salthouse) is at and try to produce content for you guys to see. I tried to show everyone an outside perspective of the race. The athletes were tied up with TV interviews for the broadcast that will be produced later on. I felt that it was not necessary for them to sit down for a pretty youtube video. I never want to be that annoying guy asking them for interviews when they are over the media. :) I will do a better job explaining what my content will be next time before I produce it.

Cheers mate. I hope you enjoyed a little bit of it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I understand what you mean. Do remember super league has a media team of about 50 people. Tommy and I were a two man team in the bahamas. He did photos and I did video. Trying to fly a drone while driving a golf cart and sprint down the beach at Ben kanutes pace is about all I got. :) I will share your feedback with the Island House Tri orgizaiors but I dont think thats their goal. I think they just want a fun race for the pros and build a TV broadcast. SL wants to have a big tv production with series and leader boards and everything, I agree though. Nothing is never enough. I am just as much as a tri fan as you! lol thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW! Someone could of not put it in better words. Thanks man. I agree 100% with what you're saying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice video recap of the final day, especially that epic men’s sprint finish!

Thanks for posting!
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Highbourne Cay in the Bahamas is a spectacular place to hold a triathlon race.

- It's a stunning location that highlights the beauty of the Bahamas... wonderful open water (sharks and all), narrow roads that are not flat and which require great bike handling to manage the technical turns and Xterra-like running conditions including deep sand beach running and rocky paths
- Luke McKenzie, the race director, crafts a race format and structure each year that is creative and inventive to give the athletes not only a physical challenge but also a mental one to keep them excited and interested in racing.

Admittedly the location also has its constraints.

- Narrow roads that do not allow motos to ride alongside and capture live video. The only moto allowed was for the race referee
- Limited cell signal and wifi coverage (when 80+ people descend on the island the limited coverage jams up!)
- Minimal accommodation to house all the athletes, their significant others, the race staff and other support crew... we got creative in this department this year as well, adding "glamping tents" and leveraging yachts docked in the Marina

What we endeavored to provide
- Daily image gallery and race write-ups distributed to the media
- Daily video recaps (the limited wifi meant that this was more difficult that we had originally envisioned)
- Limited Facebook Live and Instagram Live videos - we know this is not an ideal way to present the race but we recognize that hardcore triathlon fans don't appreciate "radio silence")
- Beautifully produced TV broadcast show that will reach 4mm+ households in the US to attain the breadth of audience for the race's sponsor and showcase how exciting triathlon can be
- A race where the majority of the budget goes to the athletes... because they deserve it. The $500k prize purse belies the actual budget of the race.
Last edited by: jordanac: Nov 21, 17 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://m.youtube.com/...be&v=QCbI2HFJ7pU

They probably don’t really give a damn honestly.

That was painful to watch. Why is everything in slow motion?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Firstly. Great work on both videos. Watched them on the trainer today.

Now to respond. Are you saying the Luke did the whole thing for free? Why would anyone come out and volunteer when someone is walking away with a massive pay cheque personally. It's not like it's a business. It's Luke walking away with the cheque.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Island House 2017 [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordanac wrote:
Highbourne Cay in the Bahamas is a spectacular place to hold a triathlon race.

- It's a stunning location that highlights the beauty of the Bahamas... wonderful open water (sharks and all), narrow roads that are not flat and which require great bike handling to manage the technical turns and Xterra-like running conditions including deep sand beach running and rocky paths
- Luke McKenzie, the race director, crafts a race format and structure each year that is creative and inventive to give the athletes not only a physical challenge but also a mental one to keep them excited and interested in racing.

Admittedly the location also has its constraints.

- Narrow roads that do not allow motos to ride alongside and capture live video. The only moto allowed was for the race referee
- Limited cell signal and wifi coverage (when 80+ people descend on the island the limited coverage jams up!)
- Minimal accommodation to house all the athletes, their significant others, the race staff and other support crew... we got creative in this department this year as well, adding "glamping tents" and leveraging yachts docked in the Marina

What we endeavored to provide
- Daily image gallery and race write-ups distributed to the media
- Daily video recaps (the limited wifi meant that this was more difficult that we had originally envisioned)
- Limited Facebook Live and Instagram Live videos - we know this is not an ideal way to present the race but we recognize that hardcore triathlon fans don't appreciate "radio silence")
- Beautifully produced TV broadcast show that will reach 4mm+ households in the US to attain the breadth of audience for the race's sponsor and showcase how exciting triathlon can be
- A race where the majority of the budget goes to the athletes... because they deserve it. The $500k prize purse belies the actual budget of the race.

Thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply

Prev Next