Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

flat kit for 808 and disc
Quote | Reply
guys whats your flat kit clincher for 808 + Disc... ie only one tube. A the moment i need to carry Tube preferably 50 mm separate valve extender (preferably the simple non removable core one), crack pipe, co2 cartridge and co2 valve...

any better ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
guys whats your flat kit clincher for 808 + Disc... ie only one tube. A the moment i need to carry Tube preferably 50 mm separate valve extender (preferably the simple non removable core one), crack pipe, co2 cartridge and co2 valve...

any better ideas?

I have two tubes, 1 with valve extender fitted and 1 for disk, but with removable core so if I get two flats on the front, I stick an extender on. I carry 3 C02 as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one tube short stem 30mm(for super9) with removable core and extension valve(for 808). 2 Co2's and inflator and crack pipe and a little piece of plumbers tape and a couple patches
Last edited by: spntrxi: Aug 21, 17 19:16
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
one tube short stem 30mm with removable core and extension valve. 2 Co2's and inflator and crack pipe.

Similar. One tube, removable core, extra core pre-threaded on extra extension (if needed for 808), 1- CO2 and Crack Pipe.
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
one tube short stem 30mm with removable core and extension valve. 2 Co2's and inflator and crack pipe.

Similar. One tube, removable core, extra core pre-threaded on extra extension (if needed for 808), 1- CO2 and Crack Pipe.

Only one tube for a full?
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes....1. Wonder what the most common approach to this....1 or 2?
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Yes....1. Wonder what the most common approach to this....1 or 2?

I understand that my race is pretty much "over" if I get two flats i.e I'm not going to get a good time or position, but no way am I going to can a race that I've trained 3 months for because things have gone pear-shaped.
Last edited by: zedzded: Aug 21, 17 22:16
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I hear you. If I am in shape, I don't even carry a spare in a 70.3. If I flat more than once in a full, I figure I will just take a break and wait for bike support to come through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I strongly recommend 2 tubes for this setup. I've said it here before, but I've seen my share of roadside DNF's following technical issues encountered when a fried brain and shaky hands have to swap valve extenders and use CO2 and all the other stuff.. A second tube is quite small and light and with a pre-installed and pre-tested valve extender on it, is nearly bullet-proof even under the most stressful circumstances.

Josh

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't mean to hijack, but this question doesn't deserve its own thread: Any recommendations for a pouch or some other mechanism for storing flat kit in an integrated storage box so the CO2 cartridges/levers/etc. don't rattle around? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrap place the levers / co2s in a little bubble wrap, then place them in a ziplock bag.
Quote Reply
Re: flat kit for 808 and disc [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I store my tube under the seat and use the Xlab Aero Pouch 300 for all the other gear. More room than I know what to do with.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply