Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [pooter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Free chainsaw with every rental.

pooter wrote:
Asking for a friend headed to 2018 Worlds 70.3 in SA.....He'd like to rent bike there rather than travel with but is having hard time getting response from any local bike shops in PE area. Anyone have info on rentals there? He'd prefer TT but ok if the only option is road. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [pooter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no knowledge of any rentals. He would be competing with dozens of others who harbor the same hope in an area with no demand for such bikes outside of a couple of events.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How windy are we talking for this course? Any issues with a jet9 front?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Port Elizabeth is known as the windy city so you never know. For IMSA last year, I subbed out my 80mm front wheel for a 45mm but it turns out I could have easily ridden the deep front. Based on only 1 week of experience there I would have called it the breezy city...and since they adjusted the first part of the course to go through town instead of along the coast, I would think that wind shouldn't be a problem. But who knows what it will be this Sep 1-2?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, that helps. I had a few pucker moments in Lubbock that have me second guessing, though that was steady 27 gusting 40

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have an idea how strict they'll be with regards to the swim wave seeding according to my AG? I just moved from 40-44 to 45-49 and while the former starts at 7:38, the later is supposed to start at 9:28, so much later and potentially a lot more wind on the course. Hypothetically: Would I get DQF if I just mix into the young 40-44 crowd?

In addition: Does anybody know when T1 will close for the bike setup? Will I essentially have to get my bike ready at 6am and then hang around for three hours before I am allowed into the water?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dembo wrote:
Does anybody have an idea how strict they'll be with regards to the swim wave seeding according to my AG? I just moved from 40-44 to 45-49 and while the former starts at 7:38, the later is supposed to start at 9:28, so much later and potentially a lot more wind on the course. Hypothetically: Would I get DQF if I just mix into the young 40-44 crowd?

In addition: Does anybody know when T1 will close for the bike setup? Will I essentially have to get my bike ready at 6am and then hang around for three hours before I am allowed into the water?

Yes. You will be DQ'd if you start in the wrong wave.

T1 will close shortly before the pro's start. So yes you will be waiting around.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dembo wrote:

No worries.

If I were you, I'd sneak into the Pro wave. Less windy AND cooler temps.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:

And drafting off Frodeno is probably super efficient - do they sell e-wetsuits? I mean, there are e-bikes, right? There's gotta be e-wetsuits!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Ironman 70.3 World championship - Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
Dembo wrote:

No worries.

this forum never disappoints

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dembo wrote:

Sure what the Freak just swim when you want to buddy

Make up your own rules as you go along

Motors are allowed on the bike and if you like yiu can get a lift from a taxi on the run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's almost as if he had never done a 70.3 before! And he posted the same question on the South Africa 70.3 WC facebook page.
Quote Reply

Prev Next