Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

new ironman world record
Quote | Reply
By GB tim 'the don ' don 7:40 @ florianopolis brazil.
Incredible,
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [snowie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well last year it was one of the worst draft fest races for the bike. that aside, the swim times are pretty damn fast... current assisted?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I correct in thinking it's only an Ironman record, not an Ironman distance record?
I think thats 7:35.xx at Roth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winning 40-44 time was 8:34.

How is this race a "championship" other than by default of choices. Total farce both in course & draft.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Am I correct in thinking it's only an Ironman record, not an Ironman distance record?

It's a record for that course, on that day. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well last year it was one of the worst draft fest races for the bike. that aside, the swim times are pretty damn fast... current assisted?

I just noticed something I have never seen before looking at the top 10 results. Never before have I seen the top 10 women closer than the mens, and by quite a margin. And the Womens times are smoking fast(if it were legit) and it was not a deep field by any means. Womens bike times are unbelievable( I mean really unbelievable). IT looks to me like they all got to sit in with the men? Faster ride with more left in the tank for the run?

And it really appears there was Moto help for the lead man, thus throwing this outlier time for comparison to the other men. And it also appears some outer world AG times, so perhaps this race just needs to go the way Mexico has and just make it all draft legal...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snowie wrote:
By GB tim 'the don ' don 7:40 @ florianopolis brazil.
Incredible,

I think he brexited wearing a brasilien themed suit ( pink)
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such negative vibes, have we become so cynical than when someone does well there has to be a negative reason why?

I do hope your work colleagues do not think like this when someone does well.

Congratulations Tim don the day, the race was yours!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I guess you don't know what pink means...

Have a good evening.
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on what I heard from someone who raced drafting was unbelievable... packs of 20 AGers were a pretty common sight

synthetic wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's drafting in AG got to do with with Tim don doing 7:40?

Amazing time and well deserved!
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [jon.eames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jon.eames wrote:

The run time for Tim was awesome and well deserved.

What the age group drafting has to do with pro times is that it brings into question the race organizers ability to deliver a fair course that is draft free. That's about all it has to do with the pro race. I am not sure how well deserved the 44 min swim time is without a short course and the bike time has an entire thread devoted to its legitimacy, especially relative to peer pros in the same race finishing 20+ minutes back. Tim gets outbiked by 11 min by Brent McMahon when Brent gets to sit in a legal train at Kona (check 2015 results), and then Brent gets outbiked by 20+ min by Tim when Brent has no train and Tim has the front of the race and the dynamics that come with being in the front. No questions about a stellar run.
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

It's a record for that course, on that day. Nothing more. Nothing less.
as are all records.....

7:40 is an incredible time. Period. That he also beat the 2nd place man by so much is also pretty incredible.
Last edited by: BayDad: May 30, 17 0:26
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
jon.eames wrote:

What the age group drafting has to do with pro times is that it brings into question the race organizers ability to deliver a fair course that is draft free.

Uh no.
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [nuclearjerm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The AG race has nothing to do with the pointy end of the race. Take a look at what happens in Kona as a example.

TD turned up and smashed out a 7:40:xx the guy should be applauded for it. Bit disappointing that the BBC news page didn't give him some sort of coverage as there is more to British triathlon other then the AB & JB.
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [Cadence] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cadence wrote:
The AG race has nothing to do with the pointy end of the race. Take a look at what happens in Kona as a example.

TD turned up and smashed out a 7:40:xx the guy should be applauded for it. Bit disappointing that the BBC news page didn't give him some sort of coverage as there is more to British triathlon other then the AB & JB.

Except you have to look at SOME race and realize that the rampant drafting that the organizers allow for in the age group race reflects how they control the pro race and allow for artificially fast times to promote the 'fastness' of their course that includes but it not limited to pros drafting off each other, or favourable on course vehicle traffic that allows for the race leader to post an artificially fast bike split and thus providing an opportunity for an artificially fast run given the insanely low TSS that a moto towed return to T2 entails. Let's see Tim's power file if he wants to prove this bike split is legit. It is an outlier compared to his results when there are top tier cyclists in the same race. This guys biked 4:38 in Kona and 2:05 at Tremblant 70.3 World's. How do these translate into a 4:06 bike split on a legit course where the leader is pushing his own wind? Maybe he has shared his power file? Can any of you guys provide the link?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because this is SlowBITCH and we love to $hit on everything.....
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:

...unless Sanders did it or is theoretically possible of doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: new ironman world record [uk_bloke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uk_bloke wrote:
Beachboy wrote:

...unless Sanders did it or is theoretically possible of doing it.
or Frodo or Kienle. They get a lot of love over here. Even with that, Frodo got called out for drafting all kinds of motos during his 7:35 at Roth. You just had to watch some of the videos from the guys filming him to see he got a benefit.
Quote Reply