Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Elite II Vs Comp II
Quote | Reply
I am in the market for a new wet suit and have been planning on a Comp II. However, the Roka sale has me considering the Elite II. I am trying to determine if it is worth the additional 150$ (25% discount). I am a good swimmer 30-32 minutes in a 70.3 with a wet suit and only a minute or two slower with a wet suit. My current suit is more glue than suit and is one of the lowest entry level ones you can get.

Personally I think additional shoulder movement would help me however the comparison chart only shows the "arms up" and "independent neck panel" as being the two differences between the suits nothing about shoulder movement or less material.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Elite II Vs Comp II [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a recent thread about Roka's lineup with some comments from those who have used them, I'd search it out. It led me to buy the Comp II, which is arriving today.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Elite II Vs Comp II [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hrmm thanks I tried searching earlier. Probably need to just look for roka in general.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...a%20wetsuit#p6260828

Also good article on Slowtwitch that you can find from the main page I think about Roka's wetsuit line that is worth a read to compare them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Elite version 1, and compared it extensively to the Pro 1, but have not swum in Comps. My own sense is that upgrade to Elite is probably worth it. The materials upgrade (if I recall correctly) plus the arms-up position should make the Elite noticeably less restricting than the Comp. For me, the restriction difference between the Elite and Pro was too subtle for me to care, and I preferred other aspects of the Elite and its cheaper price.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Elite II Vs Comp II [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this same dilemma a few weeks ago and after talking with the Roka rep. I determined the elite wasn't worth the upgrade. I have an Elite 1, and it's been great but decided to upgrade. They pushed all the tech down to the comp2, minus the arms up. I had zero issues with shoulder flex in the old elite, and the new comp2 is even better in that respect. Really not worth the extra money to me, and now that I've got the comp2 and very happy with the purchase and savings :)
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Elite II Vs Comp II [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
I had this same dilemma a few weeks ago and after talking with the Roka rep. I determined the elite wasn't worth the upgrade. I have an Elite 1, and it's been great but decided to upgrade. They pushed all the tech down to the comp2, minus the arms up. I had zero issues with shoulder flex in the old elite, and the new comp2 is even better in that respect. Really not worth the extra money to me, and now that I've got the comp2 and very happy with the purchase and savings :)

Interesting. Out of curiosity, what tech was pushed down to the Comp2?

The fact that you find the Comp2 less constraining than your old Elite1 is itself a pretty impressive endorsement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ARMS UP design is going to be one of the defining differences between the Maverick Comp II and Maverick Elite II. With this design we were able to create a more neutral position for the shoulder to be in throughout your swimming stroke, and therefore, reduce the restriction that you would feel while swimming. A tag-along upgrade with this design is the independent neck suspension panel. With the addition of this panel we add a panel between the shoulder and the neck to further decrease restriction at the shoulder. This panel also dampens the amount of movement that you will get at the neckline to help reduce chafing.

Some of the smaller points are that the Elite II is going to use a more flexible liner through the chest and core to help reduce restriction and make the fit a little more forgiving. The Elite II will also utilize a larger proportion of #39 cell neoprene which is inherently more buoyant than others, creating a wetsuit with more buoyancy.

Both of these wetsuits will come standard with our 1:3:5 buoyancy profile, low profile neck, SCS nano-coating, and quick-release ankle panels.

As always, reach out to us at support@roka.com if you have more questions about the specifics of these wetsuits and what would be the best option for you.

ROKA Customer Experience | support@roka.com | 877-985-7652 M-F 7:30a-8p S 9a-5p CST
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Elite II Vs Comp II [ROKA_CX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really appreciate the response I went ahead with the elite II and it actually just showed up as I'm typing this!

ROKA_CX wrote:
The ARMS UP design is going to be one of the defining differences between the Maverick Comp II and Maverick Elite II. With this design we were able to create a more neutral position for the shoulder to be in throughout your swimming stroke, and therefore, reduce the restriction that you would feel while swimming. A tag-along upgrade with this design is the independent neck suspension panel. With the addition of this panel we add a panel between the shoulder and the neck to further decrease restriction at the shoulder. This panel also dampens the amount of movement that you will get at the neckline to help reduce chafing.

Some of the smaller points are that the Elite II is going to use a more flexible liner through the chest and core to help reduce restriction and make the fit a little more forgiving. The Elite II will also utilize a larger proportion of #39 cell neoprene which is inherently more buoyant than others, creating a wetsuit with more buoyancy.

Both of these wetsuits will come standard with our 1:3:5 buoyancy profile, low profile neck, SCS nano-coating, and quick-release ankle panels.

As always, reach out to us at support@roka.com if you have more questions about the specifics of these wetsuits and what would be the best option for you.
Quote Reply