Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not a bike tech, but am I missing something? Shimano parts?
Quote | Reply
I am looking to replace my chain...its a Shimano 10 speed Dura Ace chain..."CN-7901." And I can't find this anywhere? Is shimano not selling dura ace 10 sp chains anymore? I see them in 11 speed, but I have a 10 speed cassette. School me on this!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Not a bike tech, but am I missing something? Shimano parts? [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The chains are backward compatible. So, you can put an 11-speed chain on a 10-speed drivetrain.
Quote Reply
Re: Not a bike tech, but am I missing something? Shimano parts? [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct, there is no DA level chain for 10 speed. You'll have to make due with CN-HG54. You can use HG-900, but I'd recommend the HG54. It'll work better than the 11sp chain.
Quote Reply
Re: Not a bike tech, but am I missing something? Shimano parts? [PoorLBSEmployee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool - thank you both for the info!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or you can use other maker's chains with no issues too. I'm running an SRAM chain on my Tri bike and Wipperman Connex on my road bike both have Shimano drivetrains. Works perfectly and having the removable/quick link is nice to deal with.

I've used KMC chains in the past and they work well too. This time around I wanted to try out SRAM and the Connex chains just because.
Quote Reply
Re: Not a bike tech, but am I missing something? Shimano parts? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
Or you can use other maker's chains with no issues too. I'm running an SRAM chain on my Tri bike and Wipperman Connex on my road bike both have Shimano drivetrains. Works perfectly and having the removable/quick link is nice to deal with.

I've used KMC chains in the past and they work well too. This time around I wanted to try out SRAM and the Connex chains just because.

+1 to KMC. Just got another KMC (10.93) chain for my Shimano (ultegra derailleurs) drivetrain. Zero shifting issues and it comes with a quick connect so maintenance is dead easy. Shimano chains, on the other hand, have the peened pins that self-destruct when you have to break the chain for any reason.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: Not a bike tech, but am I missing something? Shimano parts? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the others on KMC chains....had great luck with them and easy to take off/put back on to clean too.
Quote Reply