Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2017 Florida 70.3 [scrtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scrtriguy wrote:
M Shape was the same.

I raced both. Was 4:18 last year and just Sub 4:20 this year. Last year that put me 7th(I think) and this year(18th). The group today was WAY faster this year. A lot of good athletes. Really cool to see the competitors!

From my middling vantage point, this was a very deep and strong field out here today. I am sufficiently humbled.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Florida 70.3 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The m is still there. But I kind enjoy swimming it. But that ski jet they were using for water safety was making it way more rough than it should be. Bike was alittle cooler this year but the winds were harder. The run turned hot.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Florida 70.3 [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fun day out there yesterday. I noticed some big waves during certain sections of the swim. I figured the jet ski was making them. We were fortunate with cooler temps for most of the day but it did turn really hot for those later in the day. I was truly impressed with all those people who toughed it out on that course in that heat in the afternoon. There was zero shade out there. My hat is off to those who suffered through.

First time doing this race for me. That course is no joke. Majority seems to think all courses in Florida are easy. This was definitely the hardest race I've personally done in Florida. That was a fun bike and run course although challenging. All the turns on the bike/run and varying undulation made for keeping momentum absolutely critical on that course. Congrats to everyone out there who raced yesterday.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next