Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 4-Year Doping ban for Testosterone for former Pro => Age Grouper & IMTX Kona Qualifier [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He got a lifetime ban for ostensibly being a complete and utter wanker of the highest order, everyone else from his days just got 4 year bans or even 6 month ones in the off-season.
Quote Reply
Re: 4-Year Doping ban for Testosterone for former Pro => Age Grouper & IMTX Kona Qualifier [j2k2dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j2k2dad wrote:
Craig P wrote:
You can get a TUE for Testosterone if you've had Testicular cancer and have non functioning testosterone production, there is no other way.

And even under those circumstances, it is not easy to get the TUE. I speak from first hand experience. I had testicular cancer 7 years ago. My post chemo T levels were low enough to cause me to start growing breasts, have no sexual function, night sweats, weight gain, and the usual other symptoms. I jumped through all of USADA's hoops, provided medical records, including 3+ months of weekly blood work, a letter from my endocrinologist, etc.
My TUE was denied.
Why? My blood work showed my total T levels were often well below USADA's threshold (high 100's, low 200's; threshold is 250ng/dL, if I'm not mistaken), but every so often my numbers would tick up to slightly above threshold (300-310). My numbers were below threshold about 2/3 of the time, but my lone nut would apparently sputter to life a bit and my numbers would go up. That was enough to doom my TUE application.
So, I just keep on "doping". Does the exogenous T make me superhuman? Not even close. The post cancer me is a faint shadow of what I was athletically before. All of the people I have trained with for years, which includes former pros, Olympians, Kona and ITU AG champs, they all know I'm on the juice, and they don't care (or if they do, they don't say it to me). Because they also know that I totally suck compared to back when I was competing clean.
And don't worry. I'm not taking anyone's podium spot or KQ slot from them. I don't even bother racing any more.
Cheers,
John

Sorry about your cancer. My results were "T" < 12ng/dL with adrenal glands still producing.
Quote Reply
Re: 4-Year Doping ban for Testosterone for former Pro => Age Grouper & IMTX Kona Qualifier [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! I volunteered this year and took him to drug testing that day. He mentioned not being surprised based on his past cancer diagnosis and TUE. Seemed like a super nice guy , but who knows if intentional?? I think this kind of stuff is rampant in triathlon. Mostly age group, but so easy to get it you have the resources which most triathletes have. Would be naive to think its not going on.
Quote Reply
Re: 4-Year Doping ban for Testosterone for former Pro => Age Grouper & IMTX Kona Qualifier [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Thomas Gerlach and All,

I don't want you to feel like a freak for sleeping 12 hours each day ... well ...... maybe if you really do sleep in the daytime in a casket as a vampire ...

I have always (except when duties or work prevented it) slept about 11 hours each night ... sometimes catching a nap if work/special activity prevented me from getting my 11 hours or so.

http://www.globalhealthlab.com/...length-and-longevity

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23144701

"CONCLUSION:
This study adds to the growing literature relating sleep duration with biomarkers of aging, and suggests that shortening of telomeres might reflect mechanisms through which short sleep contributes to pathological conditions in older men"

Sleep is good therapy if you want to improve your Hayflick limit ............

For those with trouble sleeping ....... Check in here: http://sleep.stanford.edu/sleep-disorders/

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next