Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Making ones own rear facing video system? [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How shaky/vibraty is the footage? I think id love to either get one from you or play around and make my own if you don't mind. Not for safety or anything, just a fun camera angle
Quote Reply
Re: Making ones own rear facing video system? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
So, I want a rear facing camera. It would interface with I guess the easiest would be a smart phone, I have a samsung.
For power I can have a battery brick in my panniers. Would be great to have an app that overlays garmin sensors I already
have on the bike. Would be great to have the video be a FIFO type setup to record the video if needed.

Do you want it to interface with your phone for storage, or are you looking at your phone to see what is behind you?
Quote Reply
Re: Making ones own rear facing video system? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Since I went out riding in training for the first time in like 18 months, got me thinking of I really would like a rear facing video setup.

I of course rode with my mirror and it was a great help to see what was coming up from behind me. It did not stop some idiot from
turning right in front of use within a few feet of our lead rider.

But, there must be some real smart person who has made something that works. Nothing on the market meets the needs I want.

So, I want a rear facing camera. It would interface with I guess the easiest would be a smart phone, I have a samsung.
For power I can have a battery brick in my panniers. Would be great to have an app that overlays garmin sensors I already
have on the bike. Would be great to have the video be a FIFO type setup to record the video if needed.

So, anyone have a working setup like this?

I use k-edge gopro mount

http://www.wiggle.com/k-edge-go-big-gopro-saddle-rail-mount/?lang=us&curr=USD&dest=18&sku=5360486809&kpid=5360486809&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=US_PLA_Low+Margin&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7csVy9P857o_dc%7cpcrid%7c96794699528%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cprd%7c5360486809us

Video is steady and realy quite good, few movies:

My race videos with front and rear camera and telemetry:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sebo2001/videos

last video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQWY5es6VnU

Quote Reply
Re: Making ones own rear facing video system? [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IHOP wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Do you want it to interface with your phone for storage, or are you looking at your phone to see what is behind you?

My thought is to use the phone just for display. I assume the video camera(s) would store the video.

Yes, I would like to be able to see what the rear camera is recording on the phone. Would be more accurate and flexible than my helmet mirror.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Making ones own rear facing video system? [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice! Do you also run both cameras when you're out training? If you only had one GoPro, do you think it would be better to have it pointed back or front (for safety, not entertainment)?
Quote Reply
Re: Making ones own rear facing video system? [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The link to the research is on my old computer at my old job. I'm just going from memory sorry.

I'll do a quick search to see if I can find anything. If I'm successful, I'll come back to you.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Making ones own rear facing video system? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Try a jersey with "POLICE" on the back.

Similarly, I've heard anecdotal evidence that in the US, wearing military related gear (ie NAVY emblazoned across the back of a blue cycle jersey) gives better results.

In a related matter, as joke, my wife bought me an Australian flag cycle jersey when she was in Aussie a number of years ago. After wearing it about 5 times, I stopped as it seemed to attract dangerous drivers. I gave it to an Aussie colleague and he noticed the same. He didn't start wearing it again until he left New Zealand and moved back to Australia.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply

Prev Next