Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once I realized that the 2s were going to crush my toes I gave the Claytons a try and I was pleasantly surprised. They have a very similar running feel to the original 1s. And they were lighter than the Cliftons and fit my wider foot without a problem.

They are my go-to racing shoes for longer distances. The 3s are gonna have to pretty much be lighter clones of the 1s for me to swap again.

Hoka wins either way I guess.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cant get any response from HOKA regarding availabilty for delivery to London , UK. Not showing on their EU website grhhhhh!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [na555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QFT! Haha.

na555 wrote:
Cant get any response from HOKA regarding availabilty for delivery to London , UK. Not showing on their EU website grhhhhh!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine from Hoka two days ago. I'm on vacation next week and will bring them with me for a few runs.

I never tried the 2's, only had the 1's and really liked them.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I didn't take Rocky M's advice and ordered size 11 (which is the size I've successfully used with my other 6 pair of Hoka One Ones). But I wound up with the exact same problem Rocky M mentions below (rubs against big toes), so I'm sending back and will be trying out size 11.5.

Rocky M wrote:
I had a chance to try the Clifton 3 in size 11 today. Overall, it feels like it is about 1/4 size too small for the size label. It really felt like a 10.75'sh. I suggest with a mid-weight sock (used balega), that you go up a half size. My big toe (the slightly longer foot), was rubbing at the end. They were out of 11.5's, but the feel was good. Light, well cushioned & not an energy dispersing feel like I had in the Zoot Ali'i. Not sure if it was the rocker style sole that made it feel more snappy than the Zoot. Certainly not close to an Adidas or Asics, but better than the Zoot. The shoe overall felt narrow side to side but volume in the toe box height was better than Clifton 2.

Tried on the Asics DynaFlyte, which has natural fibers (not sure if that means you can smoke them or not--or what kind of fibers they're made of), but that is a fantastic feel for a ride. Seems like a great training shoe or Ironman Race shoe if you're needing more cushion than the DS Racer. Although the DS Trainer is slightly lighter, the upper doesn't stretch quite as much as the Dyna Flyte.

Our store was sold out of 11.5's so I'll have to wait to see how that goes in a week or two.
Quote Reply

Prev Next