Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 UK Exmoor - Water Temps
Quote | Reply
I'm racing @ Exmoor in a couple weeks (Wimbleball Lake) and was looking around for some idea on water temperature (other than cold) as I prepare. I came across temperature information on a fisheries page and have plotted it out over the past couple weeks. No idea on how accurate, location, time of day or really any of the variables that could impact these readings and imagine in no way adhere to how water is measured for a triathlon but here they are for those that might be interested. June 17th and 24th are assumptions based on the averages of the previous increases (I removed the 9.7 to 13.4 jump for that math).

Hope it helps someone else out there planning for the same race.

I'm probably racing in a sleeveless so I'm already insane...

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 UK Exmoor - Water Temps [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of UK athletes will be pleased with those, In S Wales we were swimming in 11C up to a few weeks ago!!

It's only impossible if you stop to think about it.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 UK Exmoor - Water Temps [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did Exmoor yesterday and the water temp was perfect! Couldn't of asked for better water conditions, the bike on the other hand was tough. I finished but it was a long day, definitely enjoyed the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 UK Exmoor - Water Temps [iTrainiTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two good friends did it as well - one was first out of the water, but according to him didn't ride or run as well as he'd like. Brutal bike and run course by all accounts though.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply