Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to put a Pioneer power meter on my '15 Trek Speed Concept.

It seems to be a pretty tight fit, so it helps if someone actually has one fitted already.
(my frame: large, with 170mm Ultegra cranks, SC 7.5)

Anyone?
Thanks!

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [Woody_NL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The answer is unfortunately NOT....
See Official Speed Concept Owners Thread post #7489

CU Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [Woody_NL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

To revive a thread 2 1/2 years old, has anyone recently successfully installed a Pioneer power meter on a post 2014
Trek Speed Concept? I have searched and it seems as if results are mixed.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [Overhill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually was inquiriring about large chainstay bikes and Pioneer (I ride a Ventum). What I was told is that Pioneer now produces a “Trek” specific Pioneer power meter (also used on Ventums) in which they have moved the power unit a few mm closer to the spindle, thus leaving plenty of room for clearance. You just put a note in when you order your unit that you have a Trek, and they take care of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [Overhill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, and I didn’t tell them it was for a trek as far as I can remember. Tight but fits. Dual sided

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a dual sided Pioneer pm to integrate into my DA 9000 crankset on my 2016 SC 9.9. I didn’t realize there might be clearance issues. The left side sensor has a decent little sliver of clearance, but not enough for the battery to fit on the chain stay. I had to put the magnet above the BB, but now that is too far away. A second foam sticker probably would bring the magnet close enough to work, but seems a little clumsy. Did anyone fine an elegant solution to these issues?
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just installed one on my gen2 SC yesterday.

Everyone is absolutely correct in saying that the NDS magnet doesn't have a good fitment, however, I used some two part epoxy putty and attached it to the speed fin. See attached photo

Once i take a sharpie to the epoxy, will be hard to notice.

Also of note, i cut the magnet out of the supplied "sticker magnet" and inserted that directly into the epoxy. Make sure you get the orientation of the magnet correct as the PM cares about the polarity of the magnet. I think you can see in the picture a black horizontal line going across the magnet. As I was cutting the magnet out of the sticker I drew a line on the magnet with a sharpie that matched the line on the sticker.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [f18guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks a lot nicer than my attempt to double up the foam sticker, and put it above my BB. What kind of epoxy did you use? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter on '15 Trek Speed Concept? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont recall what brand it was. I did get it at Home Depot.
Quote Reply