Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any.
Quote | Reply
I will start with ours feel free to add any of which you know:

Small Business Saturday offers by De Soto:

http://goo.gl/3fozIk

Includes:
$96 white Skin Cooler Jersey for $30
$500 Black Pearl Wetsuits for $270
Extreme Sleeves for 50% off

TODAY ONLY.

If you do not buy from us that is fine, but please read what I see when I look into my crystal ball. In the not too distant future I see two stores left in the world; Amazon and Alibaba (notice that Target, Walmart, Costco are also gone as those stores are even going to suffer extinction. These two stores will control the inventory from the brands that, at that date, still exist. They may or may not have their own Amazon/Alibaba brick and mortar stores, but they will have their own freight trucks, planes, and drones (bye-bye to UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, and all the smaller freight companies), so they will be able to get you your product the same day you order it.

What does this mean to you as a consumer? Well if you figure that Amazon is selling products for so cheap that they cannot turn a profit, eventually they will have to raise their prices on you because they need to be profitable eventually. Right now they are putting a choke hold on all other stores, and on all brands. You will have nowhere else to shop but with them and Alibaba. Stuff is cheap now, it will not be in my crystal ball. They will control the price, the availability of the products you want, and all aspects of the suppliers who make them.

You don't think this is going to happen? It already has started to happen about 5 years ago. NPR reported earlier this week that 50% of you are planning on doing your holiday shopping on Amazon. That number has risen steadily over the years and will continue to.

Never heard of Alibaba? Alibaba is China's — and by some measures, the world's — biggest online commerce company. Its three main sites have hundreds of millions of users, and host millions of merchants and businesses. Alibaba handles more business than any other e-commerce company. They already make Amazon look like a local bodega, they are that big.

Am I being an alarmist and extremist? Well this could happen, but even if it never gets to just the two stores, we have already seen this happen in many towns across the country, and you will soon see here in La Jolla, Bird Rock, North County, State Street Santa Barbara, and Ocean Avenue Carmel (you name it your favorite quaint town) the demise of streets with sidewalks with small local shops restaurants, and corner stores. Those scary strip malls in suburbia with their large anchor stores that typically consist of a grocery store, a drug store, a starbucks, and a handful of chainfood restaurants maybe all that are left, if you are lucky to have that.

What can you do? Shop small and shop local, as much as you can. If you buy from not-so-local and online, make sure you are buying from websites that do not sell to, or on, Amazon. Pay a little more now (it will still be cheaper than it will be later) for your products and support those small shops, stores, restaurants, people, farmer's markets, taco shops, independent coffee houses, and yes, small brands like De Soto Sport.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: Nov 28, 15 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:

Includes:

What can you do? Shop small and shop local, as much as you can. If you buy from not-so-local and online, make sure you are buying from websites that do not sell to, or on, Amazon. Pay a little more now (it will still be cheaper than it will be later) for your products and support those small shops, stores, restaurants, people, farmer's markets, taco shops, independent coffee houses, and yes, small brands like De Soto Sport.

Thanks Emilio,

I'll add my brand, SKORA Running, to the discussion. We are doing a straight up 25% off discount site-wide through Cyber Monday.

Yesterday we included free pairs of Injinji socks in each order. Three sizes, so everyone is bound to get a pair that fit and two pairs to give away. Monday we are having an add-on item, a Soleus GPS watch for a huge discount. I was just talking with our General Manager today about us smaller brands working together. If you'd be interesting in partnering with us at some time in 2016, please message me!

And on about your last paragraph, people often don't connect online businesses with shopping local. I was sitting at a coffee shop a while back chatting with a fellow runner and owner of a car garage in town. He strongly believes in shopping local, and was hesitant to buy from SKORA because there's a local running shop option as well (that does not carry our shoes). I told him that I was with SKORA before shoes were even available to purchase, it's a very small company and we all know each other quite well, and I'm local to him. If that's not a small / "local" business, I don't know what is.

On Amazon: We've made the decision to pull out. While they are selling through our old inventory that they've purchased, it's been a couple months since we've sent anything to them.

Kyle @ SKORA

---
KyleKranz.com
Win a pair of SKORA Running Shoes!
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [kylekranz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your inclusion and your kind note. I agree with you 100%. Let me know if you ever need anything from me and lets connect sometime either in person or by phone.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Emilio, great deal on the white jersey. Just picked one up along with palm coolers.
ChrisM
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [kylekranz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kylekranz wrote:
Emilio wrote:

Includes:

Thanks Emilio,

I'll add my brand, SKORA Running, to the discussion. We are doing a straight up 25% off discount site-wide through Cyber Monday.

Yesterday we included free pairs of Injinji socks in each order. Three sizes, so everyone is bound to get a pair that fit and two pairs to give away. Monday we are having an add-on item, a Soleus GPS watch for a huge discount. I was just talking with our General Manager today about us smaller brands working together. If you'd be interesting in partnering with us at some time in 2016, please message me!

And on about your last paragraph, people often don't connect online businesses with shopping local. I was sitting at a coffee shop a while back chatting with a fellow runner and owner of a car garage in town. He strongly believes in shopping local, and was hesitant to buy from SKORA because there's a local running shop option as well (that does not carry our shoes). I told him that I was with SKORA before shoes were even available to purchase, it's a very small company and we all know each other quite well, and I'm local to him. If that's not a small / "local" business, I don't know what is.

On Amazon: We've made the decision to pull out. While they are selling through our old inventory that they've purchased, it's been a couple months since we've sent anything to them.

Kyle @ SKORA

Just finished a short run in my Skora shoes :)
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your order. You are going to love these products.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the white Skin Cooler jersey and the greatly discounted Palm Coolers. Just in case I have to get through another IM like Coeur d'Alene with 108 degree temps on the bike and 100+ on the run!

Keeping the white fabric doused with water during the bike totally saved my race!

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A suit had arrived this week in time for a long brick today. My ass and I thank you for the quality gear you provide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Thanks for your order. You are going to love these products.

Used the skin cooler top at Silverman 2014, doing cozumel next year so think I'm adding the jersey and sleeves for the bike!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got two white Skin Cooler jerseys and the discounted Palm Coolers.

Thanks,

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great deals yesterday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Emilio-bought one last night!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you missed it yesterday, what is not sold out is still on sale today til 4:00 pm San Diego time.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [velogator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velogator wrote:
kylekranz wrote:
Emilio wrote:

Includes:

Thanks Emilio,

Kyle @ SKORA

Just finished a short run in my Skora shoes :)

Nice :) Glad to hear it!

---
KyleKranz.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kyle, I'm loving the look of your Phase shoe. I'm new to your brand but will probably buy a pair. I've only worn Altra's in the zero drop platform and found them to be a little wide in the forefoot and loose in the heel. The Skora forefoot looks similar. Should I maybe size down or what do you recommend? I am a solid 10 in Hoka, Nike, Salomon.
And thanks for the awesome deal. I definitely support small business!
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [atomic_shaggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic_shaggy wrote:
Kyle, I'm loving the look of your Phase shoe. I'm new to your brand but will probably buy a pair. I've only worn Altra's in the zero drop platform and found them to be a little wide in the forefoot and loose in the heel. The Skora forefoot looks similar. Should I maybe size down or what do you recommend? I am a solid 10 in Hoka, Nike, Salomon.
And thanks for the awesome deal. I definitely support small business!

We're typically a bit wider than many other shoes but not as wide as the Altra shoes, so no worries there. We actually get many customers who can't quite deal with Altra's super wide shoes.

Typically we recommend to go with your usual shoe size. I'm not sure if you're in the US, but most orders qualify for free shipping and come with a prepaid return label. We have a great return policy and will work with you to get you into a model or size that works :)

---
KyleKranz.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little different than a lot of the sales we look for but for those who are into high quality kits, Donkey Label is having a really good Cyber Monday sale on their "Staple" Bundle. Their kits are on the pricier side but quality and fit are stunning. I would not hesitate for a second to pick up a few more if I didn't already have so many. Plus everything is made in the USA which is always a nice bonus.

https://donkeylabel.com/...ct-category/bundles/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do folks use the cooling tops in tris? Can you run in it?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Any Small Business Saturday Offers? Here is one, feel free to add any. [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Do folks use the cooling tops in tris? Can you run in it?

Silverman 2014 used the long sleeve white top for the run. It was awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Desoto stuff is nice.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Just bought 2 jerseys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're running a Cyber Monday sale at SKORA. Same 25% off site-wide as through the entire Thanksgiving holiday. But for today we've partnered with another small athletic business, Soleus, to offer a 50$ GPS deal on our website as well.

---
KyleKranz.com
Quote Reply