Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona
Quote | Reply
....and her first 5K on the run was averaging 4:09!!!.....58 second T2!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always loved that woman......class with a BIG smile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is awesome, unfortunately those timing mats are again completely wrong. Dont really understand how can that be so difficult, almost every race they're completely off.
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:
She is awesome, unfortunately those timing mats are again completely wrong. Dont really understand how can that be so difficult, almost every race they're completely off.

Hopefully I did no jinx her as her chip is not showing splits past the second run split.

Anyway, interesting to see that her bike was only 7 minutes slower than Holger Lorenz. Back in the day when Holger was racing pro (currently in 45-49) he actually lead the bike for part of the way in Kona! Holger was first off the bike in 45-49. Pretty tough crowd if you are in that division. In my division (50-54) one of the Austrians is off the bike in 5:50 race time with a 4:36 bike split. These guys can fly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Van Vlierken and Kaisa Lehtonon may end up going sub 8:50 and under 50 min delta to the top men's time (David Plese 8:02)! VV may go 8:45!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 4, 15 8:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is amazing, hopefully she holds up on the run, no timing data on her coming in after the first couple splits. Petr Vabrousek…………….what can we say about him? And, not to forget 48 year old Andreas Niedrig. Bring back Chris Hinshaw for crying out loud!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fast course. My friend of mine Allan Hovda just went 8.36 and got 20th place.
Lots of fast running. 2.43 for the winner.

Amazing speed among the women.

And most of all. Barcelona is one great city.
Last edited by: Halvard: Oct 4, 15 9:07
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Badmann dropped out as there were no further splits for her!

Top 2 women end up sub 8:50. Pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vera fast race as always, Men 40-44 top 4 all 8.50, top 7 sub 9...!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:
Vera fast race as always, Men 40-44 top 4 all 8.50, top 7 sub 9...!

And those top 4 separated by 42 seconds. There are lots of fast bike splits and I can't imagine it being any flatter than Florida where you don't see that many sub-5 splits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She will always be my favorite pro Triathlete...and I don't really follow them. I always enjoyed chatting with her at Eagleman and she always gave high fives during her race. I love to see her still doing so well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is seriously fast at any age for either sex.
Was she still riding the Cheetah ?

Cheers,
Terry

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess so, thats what she was riding a month ago in Vichy (rode 4.56).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

She has the fastest bike split, any news as to why she dropped out after 7km, wish she did well, that would have set her up nicely for another Kona in 2016
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

She has the fastest bike split, any news as to why she dropped out after 7km, wish she did well, that would have set her up nicely for another Kona in 2016

My guess is because she had the fastest bike split.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
asianzone wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Good guess :, but she has more experience behind her than anyone else, so i can assume that she knows how to pace? But being near 50 can hurt more i guess
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of pros ride beyond their means on race day. It's certainly not just in the amateur ranks.

For them it's a little more taking a gamble on strategy than it is riding like a complete idiot but it's still overbiking however you want to look at it. She probably felt her only chance of winning was to throw down on the bike. If that's what she did the gamble obviously didn't work. Like you said, being 15-20 years older than her competition certainly does not help.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:
asianzone wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Good guess :, but she has more experience behind her than anyone else, so i can assume that she knows how to pace? But being near 50 can hurt more i guess

Even world champions can fall foul of their own egos (or should that be especially world champions?). Perhaps she went our too hard because she was trying to prove that she still "had it"? It's easy to forget that you don't quite have as much in the tank as you once did - the sensations are familiar, but the muscles just can't back them up for as long as they used to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Markko.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:
The T2 entry mat was shortly after the bike dismount point. Then you racked your bike. Then the T2 exit mat was *in front* of the changing area. So T2 times were incorrect / fast, and time spent changing was added to the first leg of the run. I didn't notice or expect the mat before the tent, so I was wondering if I accidentally ran the wrong direction at first.
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann 4:40 bike at IM Barcelona [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:

The T2 entry mat was shortly after the bike dismount point. Then you racked your bike. Then the T2 exit mat was *in front* of the changing area. So T2 times were incorrect / fast, and time spent changing was added to the first leg of the run. I didn't notice or expect the mat before the tent, so I was wondering if I accidentally ran the wrong direction at first.

If I remember correctly every second split during the run was also like that, here are the winners splits, I dont believe they actually oscillated like that 3-3.5min difference per 5k. It was same for everybody.

1.7 km 4:14/km
6.8 km 3:18/km
11.8 km 4:02/km
16.9 km 3:28/km
22 km 4:09/km
27 km 3:31/km
32.1 km 4:15/km
37.1 km 3:39/km
42.2 km 4:29/km
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:
spudone wrote:

If I remember correctly every second split during the run was also like that, here are the winners splits, I dont believe they actually oscillated like that 3-3.5min difference per 5k. It was same for everybody.

1.7 km 4:14/km
6.8 km 3:18/km
11.8 km 4:02/km
16.9 km 3:28/km
22 km 4:09/km
27 km 3:31/km
32.1 km 4:15/km
37.1 km 3:39/km
42.2 km 4:29/km

Hm yeah I think mine were the same way. I don't know what they did though. My watch is in miles so I couldn't easily match it up with the touchpads. I do know the overall course length IS legit, despite how fast it was.
Quote Reply