Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Kona Survival Guide [KonaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has been covered- any places to refill water etc on the queen k or should I load the jersey as well as bike itself? Thanks 👍
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Kona Survival Guide [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heading north from Kona 1st spot is Waikoloa Beach - turn left into the resorts off the Queen K as you head north (Queens market shopping centre is about a 1km into the resort area)

Next refueling stop is Kawaihae, after that it's Hawi. Not aware of any other refilling spots.

From memory the approx distances from Kona; Waikoloa resorts (40K), Kawaihae (60K), Hawi (80K).
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Kona Survival Guide [HKoldtimer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks heaps!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Kona Survival Guide [HKoldtimer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matsuyama's Market on the Queen K just a bit outside of town headed north bound has loads of water. Bike unfriendly though. The airport has vending machines on the way back if you're desperate. Then the Queen's Shops at the Waikoloa resorts, then the Shops at the Mauna Lani, then the Union 76 mini mart in Kawaihae then the market in Hawi town.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Kona Survival Guide [KonaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You seem to be the expert on the schedule so figured I would ask here. The event guide and schedule does not have the expo showing for some reason and I need to pick a few things up I was hoping to get there. Do you know when it opens? Is it Tuesday like most years? Can't seem to find that info on the website unless I'm just being slow !

by the way, much fresher out here in waikoloa today with less humidity - nice improvement over yesterday.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeechieBoy [ In reply to ]
Re: 2015 Kona Survival Guide [LJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The expo schedule is on pages 3-4 of the PDF on this page:

http://m.ironman.com/...e.aspx#axzz3ngC4NOrI

The expo opens Tuesday at noon.
Last edited by: craigj532: Oct 5, 15 17:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
expo normally opens "officially" right after the parade, tomorrow evening. it's in reality open for a little while before that too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It officially opens with the parade in Tuesday. Many vendors will be open before that though and a few are open now. Some of the local shops may have the items you're liking got too.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply

Prev Next