Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [txags92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, WTC demands Boise pay $50K per year for the race. Funny how they site "other events" like the Famous Potato Bowl (hahah, they can't give away enough free tickets to even get like 15K people there) and Boise Open (which is a third tier golf event, once again, attended by locals, who aren't filling up hotels and restaurants like the 70.3 crowd). I went out to dinner Sunday night post race and our server ar Fork asked me about my race. He said the restaurant was PACKED by athletes all weekend. So fucking stupid on Boise's part and I'll be voicing my displeasure to Mayor Bieter soon enough.

I see a big shuffle in the IM NA race schedule coming and a contraction of sorts. NONE of the Western US summer races have sold out like in the past. CDA - still open, IMC Whister - still open (wonder if it was still in Penticton if it would be open), Tahoe - still open. 10 years ago, we had a crew of like 15 going to race CDA, and the Hashers used to bring a huge pack up there to race every year. Honestly, I don't know of a single person from Boise racing CDA this year. Has Ironman jumped the shark?

Sue
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
. Has Ironman jumped the shark?

Yes.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wouldn't surprise me, and I would probably be fine with - just wish it would be more transparent.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems this was more about adding a 70.3 to CDA, WTC from what i recall always puts the 70.3 at least a month out from the IM to increase interest and to create a combo sale.

That takes away an almost perfect date for us Southern/Midwesterners. It was popular date among Texans.

I would bet we hear something soon about a new June race. Bend, Oregon?

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:
It seems this was more about adding a 70.3 to CDA, WTC from what i recall always puts the 70.3 at least a month out from the IM to increase interest and to create a combo sale.

That takes away an almost perfect date for us Southern/Midwesterners. It was popular date among Texans.

** I ** don't think this move was 1 dimensional.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Jun 25, 15 5:45
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CDA in August will pull people from the PNW, CA, Western Canada (Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver are all drivable). I don't think many easterners will come and quite frankly the extra month on outdoor training time appeals to lost of folks here vs Whistler, not to mention its 6-7 hours away.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
CDA in August will pull people from the PNW, CA, Western Canada (Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver are all drivable). I don't think many easterners will come and quite frankly the extra month on outdoor training time appeals to lost of folks here vs Whistler, not to mention its 6-7 hours away.
Whistler and CdA are about the same drive for me. If I had my choice of time off work, I'd do Whistler over CdA in a heartbeat. It's a nicer venue, you don't get gouged on lodging, and there's more stuff within walking distance.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been to both but have only raced Whistler which is double the distance. No plans for another 140.6 for now but I think CDA will fit better once my son starts swimming year round

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will this sellout now with the new date?
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:

As a Texan I am not pleased with this. This leaves IMTX as the only North American IM race that happens before the last week in July. I did summer IM's in both 2013 and 2014 and have no plans to ever do that again. Training for an IM in the Houston summer just sucks. Now it's either IMTX or one of the late season races.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
will this sellout now with the new date?

Depends on how you define sellout. If that is 2500 paid registrations then I doubt it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:

How about USAT Duathlon Nationals already scheduled for Bend on 25 Jun 2016 and 24 Jun 2017.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCDA negotiating moving to August and new 70.3 would replace June datein the future [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
DFWTri wrote:

As a Texan I am not pleased with this. This leaves IMTX as the only North American IM race that happens before the last week in July. I did summer IM's in both 2013 and 2014 and have no plans to ever do that again. Training for an IM in the Houston summer just sucks. Now it's either IMTX or one of the late season races.

Another Texan pissed off about this. I was planning on doing CdA again (2012 first time) next year because I wanted an early season IM that isn't Texas.

This sucks.
Last edited by: esmith06: Jun 25, 15 8:14
Quote Reply

Prev Next