Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favorite sockless racing shoe [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
Wait what?? The Ali'i is a staple of the Zoot line up? Why take it out of rotation? I know you don't work with Zoot anymore, but maybe you have some insight.

What is Zoot going to replace it with? They need a 6-8mm drop sockless show that is ultra light and well cushioned. And the boa dial is a great feature that works better than regular laces and speed laces.

This is kind of upsetting.

So, I read this thread and quickly ordered a pair of Zoot Ali'I 14's. Well, I finally tried them today and they tore up my right Achilles. Will these things loosen up or should I turn them into loafers?

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite sockless racing shoe [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used BodyGlide in mine for the first few runs and they've been perfect since. Makes them quicker to get on as well.
Last edited by: willembad: Apr 20, 15 18:53
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite sockless racing shoe [willembad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite sockless racing shoe [slornow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I've ever worn socks while running so maybe my feet are immune?

Free 5.0
Free 3.0
Skora Fit
Newton Gravity III
Newton Tri-Racer

Of all these I think the best were the Skoka but only after 2-3 runs. The sole had little "brail bumps" that kept the foot from sliding around when wet.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite sockless racing shoe [slornow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using Altra since I have discovered them... I had Kinvaras before (I did like them as well).

TheOne/One2 for short workouts
3-sum (1 & 1.5) for sprint, Olympics, short races and brick runs on weekends
Instinct for anything longer than 10km

The 3-sum v1 felt very light and extremely fast. The v1.5 is pretty light, but to me it seems a bit more cushioned (same with TheOne vs One2). I was told by someone at Altra that the 3-sum is gone and something else will replace it (I guess calling it the 3-sum-2 felt awkward anyway); that's coming this summer (weird timing though imo since everyone will have gotten their shoes for the season...).

Anyway, I'm really happy with the 3-sum v1.5 in any case, even if it feels a bit more padded. I have large feet, and I was born with two twisted toes on each foot - I have to run with wide shoes and toe socks (except in during tri races), otherwise my twisted toes are in terrible pain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next