Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 500 yard free / 1 mile run times [sidthemuffinrnr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang those are some very stout times. Good luck in your journey!

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: 500 yard free / 1 mile run times [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
500m Free - 7:17
Mile run - 4:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USAT use to have a 500y free followed immediately by a 1 mile on the track as some sort of test for who got to train on the elite team, didn't they? I remember Radovich (sp?) and Kemper doing this with a sub 10min for both, including transition.

I always thought it would be fun to participate in an event like this.

While not back to back, my 1600m is 4:19 and my 500y free is 4:40. Trying to figure out how to put it together in a race! [340w FTP]. This is the year.... says me every Spring.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 500 yard free / 1 mile run times [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. My swim is about equivalent and mile a little faster, but those were PR's 12 years ago. I'm 10 lbs heavier now (but that's an easy change) and 12 years lazier now (not so easy to change). I'll stick with touting my potential to everyone without getting anywhere near close to it. But what do you expect when you only have time to train about 5 hrs a week. Damn wife, kid, and job. If I could only find a way to get rid of 3 of those, I'd be set. (Somewhat in jest. I like my family. I could do without the job though.)
Quote Reply
Re: 500 yard free / 1 mile run times [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's actually a cool idea for a short race. Our YMCA is right across the street from the high school track. Hmmmm.... ideas. Do it as a 2 part race. Then do a bike/run after wards, and start the athletes in TT format, with the fastest athlete last and handicap them using their time from the first event. Then you've have a more tightly spaced run at the end, which would be fun and the fast guys have someone to chase.

A fun idea for a very small local event.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my swimming prime:

500 SCY - 4:31
400 LCM - 4:00 flat

Now I'm guessing I could go between 5:15-5:30 if I just went to the pool tomorrow and raced a 500 SCY

Mile- I don't remember running a mile for time since 8th grade gym class. McMillan running calculator gives me a 5:48 based on my 5k PR

Strava
Last edited by: sch340: Jan 9, 15 9:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
USAT use to have a 500y free followed immediately by a 1 mile on the track as some sort of test for who got to train on the elite team, didn't they? I remember Radovich (sp?) and Kemper doing this with a sub 10min for both, including transition.

While not back to back, my 1600m is 4:19 and my 500y free is 4:40. Trying to figure out how to put it together in a race! [340w FTP]. This is the year.... says me every Spring.

Let me tell you - while my history/potential is/was never on the same planet as yours. Don't sit on your talent. You will regret it. And, it's not like fine wine - it does NOT get better with age.

Live the important parts of life Family, work, etc. but. shift a few things around to if not maximize your potential, aim to come close. The time is now! Tomorrow will be a decade, and, then two before you know it. Trust me. They don't say "youth is wasted on the young for nothing."

But...
do enjoy the journey - Oh, the places you'll go.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

Assuming you're capable of even +:15 on each of those times and you don't ride a MTB with a parachute on during races, you would have to at least be racing pro I imagine?

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So many freaking fish out there!!!

I swim SCM. Haven't done a timed 500, but I think it would be about 6:30.
1 MI: about 5:00 (estimated from McMillian mile cruise intervals that I've been doing)
Quote Reply
Re: 500 yard free / 1 mile run times [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I'm actually pretty surprised with how much speed a lot of the ex-competitive runners seem to have lost from HS to age 40ish. I was on HS xcountry but nowhere fast (like 5:45 1-mile max PR) but I'm definitely faster now at M40-45 then back then. Sure, I'm training more now as a triathlete, but I think I pushed a lot harder on running in HS.[/quote

I've got a 4:39 mile PR(...and was 8th at my school that year...wtf), but we were doing ~45-50 mile weeks then. X-C peaked at 70-80 mile weeks. I'm not sure, time management wise, how I would do that without neglecting the swim or run.

Adult onset swimmer. Did a 500 swim this morning. Died at 9:32. No idea what I would do on the track now, but I can tell you that I can do 9:15 miles for 30 minutes(then I stop) every other day, and I'm not even winded two minutes later.
Quote Reply
Re: 500 yard free / 1 mile run times [SnappingT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

WoW a 4:1 ratio that is interesting.

Definitely need to work harder on my running then

Swim (500m) : Mile (1600m)
7:45 swim : 6:37 mile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just began swimming, but I'm at about 14 minutes for the 500y and about 5 flat for the mile. PR for mile is closer to 4:30..

This is quite embarrassing.
Quote Reply
Re: 500 yard free / 1 mile run times [foniks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before my back troubles started, 5:30 swim and just under 8:00 run. There has never ever been any doubt about my weakness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

You never did turn pro though, did you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I've never put out a pro level Tri performance. If I can hit my goals this year, I'll do it. But I feel I should earn it (sub 3:50 70.3). The last 4 years were dedicated to getting into a phd program. As I wrote before, "this is the year!"

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next