Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beijing Marathon = hazardous air quality
Quote | Reply
344 micrograms per cubic meter of PM2.5 particulate matter....

Yikes!

I guess they are destined to get cancer and die early anyway....
Quote Reply
Re: Beijing Marathon = hazardous air quality [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beijing always has a cloud over it, run with a mask (with filters) and pray, just saying
Quote Reply
Re: Beijing Marathon = hazardous air quality [usmultisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been in Beijing many times with clear blue sky. You just need a cool North West wind and the smog clears out overnight. Wind from any other direction and everything gets trapped in the valley penned in by the mountains.
Quote Reply
Re: Beijing Marathon = hazardous air quality [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I have been in Beijing many times with clear blue sky. You just need a cool North West wind and the smog clears out overnight. Wind from any other direction and everything gets trapped in the valley penned in by the mountains.

i have been to chengdu for a week and never saw the sun.... it is disgusting over there. Better yet there is barely real food there anymore, most things coming from a factory fryer packaging these croquette things you dont know what you are eating. I had to eat only rice and beans for a week
Quote Reply
Re: Beijing Marathon = hazardous air quality [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The paper said there was a 30% no show for the race. I was going to watch the start until I opened the curtains. It was pretty bad but when I left today the pollution was around 100 PPM.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply