Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indestructible
Quote | Reply
I am the guy who goes mostly for durability (up to a point of course). Anyways 4 years ago I bought Mavic Ceramic II wheels and Swiss Stop GHP II brake pads. First I put generic brake pads for a while (that coating works like sand paper before it gets polished). After that I put Swiss Stop and 4 years later of heavy riding I am still on the same rims and the same set of brake pads. Still looks like new and no wear. Love it and bit pissed of that I did not buy second set of wheels. Those ceramic rims are no longer available for road bikes.
---
Quote Reply
Re: Indestructible [kostya416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have rims from 1999 with no coatings. Still work fine. Probably 15k miles or more. Rebuild the rear hub once. Only MTB ever significantly wore out rims...and that because you brake a TON and in muddy and dusty conditions.

In terms of braking, it depends on where you live and ride. I hardly touch my brakes on most rides. Actually I go without a rear brake on my tri bike so I don't have to bother swapping pads.

I think is was a solution in search of a problem as you've shown.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Indestructible [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh-oh! I hope you're not showing up to USAT races like that.

Jogging - I guess you just run for an extended period of time
Quote Reply
Re: Indestructible [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do the same thing. Dealing with the rear brake on my bike is a pain in the ass, so I leave the carbon pads on full time and just disconnect the brake when I'm training.
Quote Reply