Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nice surprise at IMLP
Quote | Reply
Instead of a carbo dinner and pricey tix for family members to eat mediocre food. They gave each athlete a $25 voucher good at practically every restaurant in the area.....good today through Monday. Nice touch WTC.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [Bigringonly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear they're doing the same at Boulder...more $$ infused into the local economy...unless you're a cheap ass or eating alone and only spending $25.

Quote | Reply
Great idea. Way to give back to host towns. But where will I find bland pasta and 17 pounds of salad?
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....or the dude using his hands instead of serving utensils !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bro, that's at that sill knock off Ironman event. Not at Ironman (TM), which onlyrics caters to honest racers and people who share

Totally sarcastic or course
Last edited by: zachboring: Jul 24, 14 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
25 bucks get's you like what 3 good beers?
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe 4 if you hit happy hour, at which point I'm more likely to spend much more $$.

Last edited by: darkhorsetri: Jul 24, 14 19:47
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year at Whistler they were good at McDonalds... I do enjoy myself a cheeseburger or three a long bike ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Last year at Whistler they were good at McDonalds... I do enjoy myself a cheeseburger or three a long bike ride.

Same $25 voucher at Whistler this year too. Used mine to subsidize a family dinner today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, shall we write that on a small piece of paper. The heading would read "Good things WTC do"

I've done a bunch of IM branded races and they've been good and all, but I have no love for WTC. My IM money is spent a lot more discerningly these days.

Tho to be fair, that IS a really good thing they have done.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thumbs up, nice move wtc. can someone post a photo of the lake placid bags
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
owen. wrote:

Same $25 voucher at Whistler this year too. Used mine to subsidize a family dinner today.

$25 in whistler gets you what, a free bread stick? A coke? :)
I got in last night and will be checking in today. Looks like its going to be a warm one on Sunday.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a really cool idea!! I would much rather use that than go to the dinner.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice surprise at IMLP [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having been to the dinner twice (and not returned in subsequent years), I would absolutely take a $25 voucher over the meal that I wasn't going to eat anyhow.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply