Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Maybe not the strangest question posed but one of the funniest...

ST poster Canadian (Chris Thornham from FLO) posed the following question to another ST poster who offered up some swim advice:

"What is your swimming history?"

The ST poster was Gary Hall Sr. Mr. Hall briefly quoted his resume:

garyhallsr wrote:
Good question. Retired physician. Three time Olympian (68, 72, 76) 3 Olympic medals, 10 world records. Son, Gary Jr, 3 time Olympian (96, 2000, 2004), 10 Olympic medals. Currently, Head coach and technical director of the The Race Club, which sent 33 swimmers to the past three Olympics and earned 18 Olympic medals.
I was personally a triathlete for 10 years in Arizona competing in Olympic distances only. Now stick to swimming where I have set 6 Masters World Records.

Gary Sr.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rum.cgi?post=2807736

Pure awesomeness.

Best answer ever - couldn't have been better in any way shape or form.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Derf wrote:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Thinking_about_a_fern_for_my_workout_space_P1882194

Jeff Vader wrote:
In Reply To:

In Reply To:

improve my fun shway

Feng Shui?

If thats how you want to spell it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [mex99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mex99 wrote:

Unless Mr. Hall had added

"Y'know, just your average, run-of-the-mill, Slowtwitch chump"

WTF does "run-of-the-mill" mean, anyway?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! Just wow! That wins for most bizarre. I don't think we will need to worry about that one being bumped to the first page.

Given the context, Chainpin's first reply was gold!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Derf wrote:
I'm not so worried. Anyone who truly attempts to go through some of these old-but-goodies will be so baffled by the end that they'll be largely rendered speechless. Or typeless, as it would be more appropriate to say. :)

And trying to read the whole fern thread will end with your brains splattered on the computer screen. Don't do it.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TropicPlace wrote:
Wow! Just wow! That wins for most bizarre. I don't think we will need to worry about that one being bumped to the first page.

and

scofflaw wrote:
And trying to read the whole fern thread will end with your brains splattered on the computer screen. Don't do it.

True. Story.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=run-of-the-mill

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Derf wrote:
TropicPlace wrote:

and

scofflaw wrote:

True. Story.

Yep. My head really hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh.... just reread the whole T3 thread - that was class!

The strangest question though is "flat coke"
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mother of god. I just read that whole thing.
How did that....I mean....what about...why where......WHO!?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amazing thread. it's a parody of itself. amazing.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [mex99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mex99 wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:

ST poster Canadian (Chris Thornham from FLO) posed the following question to another ST poster who offered up some swim advice:

garyhallsr wrote:
Good question. Retired physician. Three time Olympian (68, 72, 76) 3 Olympic medals, 10 world records. Son, Gary Jr, 3 time Olympian (96, 2000, 2004), 10 Olympic medals. Currently, Head coach and technical director of the The Race Club, which sent 33 swimmers to the past three Olympics and earned 18 Olympic medals.
I was personally a triathlete for 10 years in Arizona competing in Olympic distances only. Now stick to swimming where I have set 6 Masters World Records.

Gary Sr.

Pure awesomeness.

That's pure awesomeness right there. lol!

That reminds me of the time a few years ago over on BT when there was this anonymous poster for a while who took every opportunity to brag about his swimming ability and knowledge, constantly slamming everyone who was a triathlete about how none of them can swim. Eventually, he gets into a debate with another poster, and calls the other poster out demanding how fast his fastest 100 was. Well, the other poster was TJ Fry, who was trying to be polite and not brag, but eventually admitted that his SCY best was something like 43.xx. The guy was never heard from again.

USAT Lvl1 Coach, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, BS Exercise Science
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [TriMyBest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMyBest wrote:
admitted that his SCY best was something like 43.xx. The guy was never heard from again.

I wouldn't have thought that was even possible to do 43.xx haha

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mex99 wrote:

Not ST ... but something similar on either wattage or r.b.r, I forget which now: someone questioned "GBShaun" (Shaun Wallace) on whether he'd ever actually ridden on the track.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did she fake the swim too? If so, it's a lot less forgivable. It's hard to understand cheating on the run, but I can see your brain making bad decisions 14 hours into the race. But cheating an hour into it is quite different.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone remember the post about the Lady who had discomfort "down there" and had a picture of a taco on her blog to describe it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TropicPlace wrote:
Derf wrote:
TropicPlace wrote:

and

scofflaw wrote:

True. Story.

Yep. My head really hurts.

I am so confused. What was that?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [vandave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, she intentionally swam only one of two loops, and ran only one of two loops.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:

garyhallsr wrote:

Gary Sr.

Pure awesomeness.

Hahaha! Yes I remember that. Told that story the other day actually.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: What is the strangest ST post or question you have read? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn thats too funny Chris lol - That pretty much sums up ST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Derf wrote:
I'm not so worried. Anyone who truly attempts to go through some of these old-but-goodies will be so baffled by the end that they'll be largely rendered speechless. Or typeless, as it would be more appropriate to say. :)

Could be both, if you talk to yourself while typing

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next