Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wahoo kickr trainer
Quote | Reply
just bought. any recommendations on apps?
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [waydog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the cycleops virtual training. I can find workouts with routes and video or build my own to use it in erg mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Veloreality. Best videos on the market.

Warning, I work for Veloreality
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My go to on a laptop is Trainer Road and the Sufferfest videos although you don't need the videos to use trainer road. But they add a great motivation and are great workouts.
Kinomap is also a good app and Strava has a new feature to let you ride segments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just Trainer Road IMHO. Small monthly fee to use it, well worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Peripedal , free trial and small one time fee. Easy to create your own workouts are load workouts shared by other users from the forum.
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
I like Peripedal , free trial and small one time fee. Easy to create your own workouts are load workouts shared by other users from the forum.

That's the one I use. Better than paying every month for TrainerRoad.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have mostly used the Wahoo app and put it on erg mode. Strava segments is good if you can find an uploaded course. Lastly, iMoblieIntervals is pretty cheap and can be used to design your own workout to use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd venture that 90%-plus of the Slowtwitchers that have a Kickr (myself included) use TrainerRoad, with or without Sufferfest videos. Super collection of interval workouts, organized into purpose-specific training programs, at a very reasonably price ($10/month).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i use trainer road and either use the canned ones and adjust as needed or create my own using the workout maker software. It's real easy once you make a couple
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TR + KICKR is an awesome combo...
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:

Are you a member of the Strava Peripedal club?
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
Toby wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:

Are you a member of the Strava Peripedal club?

Yep.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SMJ wrote:
I'd venture that 90%-plus of the Slowtwitchers that have a Kickr (myself included) use TrainerRoad, with or without Sufferfest videos. Super collection of interval workouts, organized into purpose-specific training programs, at a very reasonably price ($10/month).

Would definitely be the way I'd go if they had an iPad app. My Mac is nowhere near my trainer room.
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Max Daddy wrote:
SMJ wrote:

Would definitely be the way I'd go if they had an iPad app. My Mac is nowhere near my trainer room.

Mine isn't, either. I unplug my iMac and carry it to the pain cave every night I ride. Not a big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been running sufferfest on a computrainer with matched erg files and it's been awesome. I just got a Kickr and LOVE the TR/Suffer implementation. However, I feel like on the very low wattage rest between intervals on some of the TR workouts the Kickr almost feels like a runaway spin bike, yet the wattage is giving readings in the 70's to 90's. Maybe I'm just not adjusted to the different feel from the computrainer, but I'd like to hear some comments.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: wahoo kickr trainer [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
TR + KICKR is an awesome combo...
+1

D

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply