Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
can anyone comment on the lizard skins 1.8mm for a tri bike?
thank you.

I have it on a tri bike, on the extensions and the base bar. It works great and has lasted a long time (over a year). I find it very comfortable. Plus, I only used one roll for the whole thing, so one package will give me two entire tapings, and I tape a considerable portion of the extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [AG Tri Newbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to see photos if possible
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbrnut wrote:
Performance Bike has their own branded version called GripTech. Copy of Fizik Performance Tacky or LizardSkins bar tape, but for much less. Tacky with just enough gel padding.

I like that stuff too.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a 'base' wrap with long strips of old innertube.
Top wrap with the cheapest cork tape you can find.

That, people, is the way to go. It's just like riding through the winter - get your layers right.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the past three years I have been using various types of tennis racket grips. They are strong, they grip well, and more importantly, much cheaper than bike tapes - because you can buy them in bulk.

Wilson and Babolat are my favorites.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paxfobiscum wrote:
For the past three years I have been using various types of tennis racket grips. They are strong, they grip well, and more importantly, much cheaper than bike tapes - because you can buy them in bulk.

+++ here.

I was advised to try this by someone on slowtwitch and I am quite happy with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
Do a 'base' wrap with long strips of old innertube.
Top wrap with the cheapest cork tape you can find.

That, people, is the way to go. It's just like riding through the winter - get your layers right.

so how are you cutting the old tubes? split it open then into strips? single or double layer when wrapping? i have LOTS of dead inner tubes i can use.

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [cwg_at_opc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cut the valve out of the dead tube.
Cut that tube into two long strips.
Single layer of inner tube, use a bit of double sided sticky tape at the start and end. Then:
Single layer of cheapy cheapy cork tape.

Job jobbed. It is completely the way to do it, people.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
Time for new tape. What's good out there?
You have to define what's important to you in terms of:grip/feel, cushioning/thickness, ability to clean/resistance to dirt, and possibly weight and cost.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my hands and wrists thank you.

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paxfobiscum wrote:
Very interesting. Thanks.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the Fizīk gel kit on their road bike?

Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwisconsin wrote:
paxfobiscum wrote:

+++ here.

I was advised to try this by someone on slowtwitch and I am quite happy with it.

+1, tennis racket tape:
Yonex Super Grap Overgrip

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LIke several others, I love the LizardSkins DSP 2.5 but I wish it didn't wear out so fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Prefernce is the Fizik "glossy" bar tape.

A primer on bar tape here - http://stevefleck.blogspot.ca/...ortant-than-you.html

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Handlebar Tape - What's Good? [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the Fizīk gel kit on their road bike?

No but I do double wrap just back from the brake hoods wear the palm of my hand often sits.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next