Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whats New....Asics Fall 2008
Quote | Reply
What’s New Asics Fall 2008

First off I will detail the “new” models then discuss color updates etc.. All the color updates and new models are a June 1 release other than Nimbus and Cumulus which “officially” are a June 1 also, however we and other Gold accts can have them May 1. I do not have images yet but will post them when I get them.

Nimbus 10 $120 msrp still available in medium and wide widths and adding a third width option per gender 4E for mens and 2A for women. Similar in fit to Nimbus 9 but features the new version of Solyte which so far is going over well and “feels” more cushioned. Has a deeper forefoot flex groove and a four piece outsole in forefoot to increase flexibility. Rearfoot segment of discrete gel unit is slightly more decoupled than previous version which should soften heel strike a little more and an even larger rearfoot gel unit is being used. Midfoot is torsionally a little more supportive. New asymmetrical lacing follows the shape of the foot more accurately. Kind of an aggressive looking shoe from an aesthetics staindpoint, almost going out on a limb a little IMO. 3 colors from the start with only 1 of the colors available in widths.

Cumulus 10 Price increase to $95 msrp 2 colors 3 widths (I just got my weartest pair in yesterday! Nice fitting shoe is first impression) The cumulus is becoming a little more technical of a shoe from a design standpoint. Advancing to the multi piece midsole construction (previously were always a single piece midsole) allowing for more independent rear vs forefoot function. Increased forefoot flex by adding internal forefoot flex grooves. Larger gel unit and new Solyte formula, also re-engineered midfoot support system providing better torsional support. Should be similar in fit to C9 but has a new elastic addition to forefoot upper to keep material from stretching over time. New memory foam insert instead of eva one as in past.

Stratus 2.1 $80 not much change other than a new more open air mesh upper. Pretty good value in this shoe, very basic non-techy neutral shoe

Speedstar 3 SSWWWEEEEEEET shoe! Msrp $85 will retain same fit as the 2. Little overall changes occurring to the shoe, midsole remains same, tooling remains same. New outsole is a blown rubber instead of the old PU duosole for increased durability. Reduced overlays on the upper allow a more open feel.

Evolution 4 msrp $110 should be most supportive evolution yet. To give a more thorough description of the changes in support I will copy in the info from Asics’ fall primer:

Changes and updates
Probably the best example of this effort is manifested in the form of ASICS’ new Maximum Support Space Trusstic. This innovation to Space Trusstic® technology actually extends the trusstic unit back to the heel, where it literally encircles the entire medial rear-foot pod. In essence, the environment created is a maximum support interpretation of the discreet image of the GEL Kinsei™, which allows the medial rear-foot pod to move independently of the other heel sections. To further stabilize the medial heel area, the outsole wraps the sidewall of the midsole. This outsole construction, when combined with the new trusstic unit and DuoMax® posting, creates an environment so stable that ASICS testing found it to be unmatched by any previous maximum support shoe in the line.

In addition to this change, a new dual density gel unit is being used in the rearfoot with a larger gel pad. Also has a new two density memory foam liner and internal flex grooves in forefoot for better flexibility.

Foundation 8 (now going on an 18 month cycle instead of 12 months) still $90 msrp, new last and upper The shoe will be beefier than before and have a wider platform with the medial side of midfoot support area being filled in more medially than previously. The upper is a higher and wider toe box and includes a “bunion” window. The midsole was able to be softened a little since all the other components made it so much more stable. A 6mm thick memory foam liner should assure soft try on feel.

Fortitude 3 a GOLD acct only shoe this shoe is staying at $90 msrp the midsole will be changed as detailed in the foundation 8 but without the medial posting. Upper is also similar in design to the foundation but softer materials

Trail Sensor 2 WR msrp $110 VERY cool new inner lock lacing system! Really should secure the foot into the shoe to prevent slipping on really rough terrain. Again to keep from trying to explain this I will defer to the Primer for details: Like all great design, the Inner Lock Lacing System is quite simple. The process begins with two inner sleeves that are sewn inside the upper. As the laces tighten, the inner sleeves - shaped like wings- effectively wrap around the top of the foot. As the laces continue to be pulled taut, the outer portions of the upper simultaneously lock down, creating an unsurpassed fitting environment that transforms the shoe into an extension of the foot. In fact, the fit of the Inner Lock Lacing System is so effective that the shoe feels wrapped around the instep like a glove, creating an exceptionally secure upper environment.

In addition the upper is a water resistant material with overlays designed for rigors of trail running and a toe cap otherwise not a lot of changes. Is still essentially a Kinsei version trail shoe with discrete gel rearfoot units and new solyte midsole.

Trabuco 10 now available in WP (waterproof) $100 and WR (water resistant) $90 versions Other than the separate versions the shoe isn’t much changed from previous versions but does now include a ľ length nylex plate for rock protection. Good looking trail shoes

Almost everything else in the line is getting color updates, 3000, Kinsei 2, Kayano 14, 2130, 1130

ok, this took awhile to put together so here you go! :)
Mens Nimbus 10 blue (width color)

mens nimbus 10 red

mens nimbus 10 gray-gold

womens nimbus 10 frost blue (width color)

womens nimbus 10 pink

womens nimbus 10 violet

mens cumulus 10 white-red (width color)

mens cumulus 10 color 2 (lightening-black-orange)

womens cumulus 10 red (width color)

womens cumulus 10 green

mens stratus 2.1

mens speedstar 3

mens speedstar 3 outsole (for you jhfenton!)

womens speedstar 3

mens evolution 4

mens evolution 4 medial

womens evolution 4

mens foundation 8

mens foundation 8 medial

womens foundation 8

mens trail sensor 2 WR

womens trail sensor 2 wr

mens Trabuco 10

womnens Trabuco 10

mens Kayano 14 color update

womens Kayano 14 color up

mens 2130 color up

Jamie Dick PT, SCS, CPed
http://www.footrx.com
jamie@footrx.com

Last edited by: JamieDPT: Mar 17, 08 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: Whats New....Asics Fall 2008 [JamieDPT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jamie...

Since we're talking asics, have you heard any feedback on the new DS Trainer 13? I disliked the 12 intensely, and am wondering if I shouldgive the 13 a try, or keep searching...

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Whats New....Asics Fall 2008 [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt you would be disappointed by the 13, however if you relaly liked the 12 and can get it at reduced clearance pricing I say go for it and save the $$$ what size did you wear we have some left...

Jamie Dick PT, SCS, CPed
jamie@footrx.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just disappointed with the color. Of all the shoe companies I like Adidas designs on the upper as colorwise keeping it simple.

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I skipped over the 12. I'm over 100 miles on the 13 though and am in love with the ds trainer again.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats New....Asics Fall 2008 [secondwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooh, compare it to the 10/11... I loved those two, and HATED the 12.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I train in the Kayano and got a pair of DS-Trainer 13's as a possible race shoe option and I love them. They fit well, feel light as air compared to my Kayano, and are amazingly comfy.

bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too, I found a DS 10 at christmas time on sale for $20! I would have bought every pair they, but alas they only had one pair in my size. Hopefully the 13 will be a good one...

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had 2 pair of the Speedstar and for some reason I recently tried a pair of 2120's, as the old saying goes if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not that the 2120 is a bad shoe, I just don't find it nearly as comfortable all around as the Speedstar.

Quote | Reply
I'm on my last pair of the 11s (I bought up every pair in my size I could find), so I need a replacement pretty soon :-)

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for images

Jamie Dick PT, SCS, CPed
jamie@footrx.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great that the speedstars no longer have that stupid grippy x pattern on the bottom. The current one is fine for running but I always feel like I am going to hurt myself trying to walk across carpet with them on. New color is good also.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats New....Asics Fall 2008 [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, I completely agree about the catching the carpet thing! I actually have them on today (green for St Patty's day) and was just thinking about that, I am at my desk alot today and cant scoot my feet without picking them up!

Jamie Dick PT, SCS, CPed
jamie@footrx.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW - I loved the 10's and 11's. I hated/loathed/despised the 12's. I'm on my 3rd pair of 13's. I like them a lot. Not quite as much as the 10/11's but close.

ps - i wore 8.5's in the 10's and 11's and have to wear 9's in the 13's. Don't know if it's just me or if the sizing changed
Last edited by: OldAndInTheWay: May 2, 08 11:38
Quote Reply