Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tour De Donut
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waddup calorie surplus. i would do that if they did something like that by me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To raise money for collegiate nationals our tri club puts on a similar road race in April called the Doghnut Run 5k. Current male record for number of Doughnuts consumed is 31, female record stands at 25, and yes all doughnuts must "stay down" in order to count. The race will be going into its 8th year and we are at almost 300 participants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im taking my 9 yr old daughter.

she can stand at the start line and win the race without even riding her bike :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We do it here in Dayton, OH too.

Quote | Reply
Now that is a good idea. Right up my alley.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the first was in Ill...near St. Louis. I helped a team one year get a guy down to negative 20 mins. Fun time. I had 5 or do myself....but couldn't be a match for the winnter. We just tucked him in the peloton and pushed him around. I believe there's some clips on YouTube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, we do it down here in san diego too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my god, finally an event I can kick butt in... my Tour de Donut 1st place trophy will look nice next to my Beer Mile ribbons. LOL

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the first one of these was done in North Carolina. Some friends and I adopted this in Dallas a few years back and started the annual Dallas Krispy Kreme 5-mile. 2.5 mile run, eat donuts, 2.5 mile run. There was a men's division and a women's division, a 6-donut race and a 12-donut race. I think we eventually got it up to about 25 participants. It was a lot of fun, but the sugar crash was unbelievable! 2400 calories and 120 grams of sugary goodness!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in Houston now on business and saw this advertised... I wish I had my bike with me!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am in Houston now on business and saw this advertised... I wish I had my bike with me!!!

want to borrow a size 59cm road bike?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [Occam's Razor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Occam, where in SD?

Quote | Reply
Thanks for the offer, that would be great but I usually ride a 52/54. Maybe I can rent one somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's also the Krispy Kreme Challenge for those who prefer to run with their doughnuts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it was the first Tour De Donut, but Molina use to clip coupons from donut shops, where you buy so many, and then get so many free, and we would ride to them. Of course they were not around the block, and the rides were 100+ miles. HE would wash a 1/2 dozen down with 15 cups of coffee too. I never saw a guy drink so much coffee. I drank mine hot and black, so I could barley get in a refill, but skid would pour a ton of sugar and milk into each cup, and one gulp it down, and get the instant refill. His tolerance to caffene must have been out of this world....This was all going on in the mid 80's or so.....
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome... and to think Francois used to give me sh*t for eating pastries during long rides... ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [sandiegopj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not exactly sure when or where, but I'm pretty sure the UCSD triathlon team participates in one sometime in the spring. I'm new to the team this year, so I don't know all the details, but I do know they participate in something like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't ST poster Donut Gestapo respond to this thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [Occam's Razor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome...when you find out be sure to throw it up on here or send me a PM. This is something I can really get in the saddle for.

Re: Tour De Donut [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh my god, finally an event I can kick butt in...

Tim Hortons is already a major sponsor of the National Cycling Team... What a perfect event this would be!

And what a smackdown!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, but do you wait in the Timmy's drive-thru with the rest of the sheep?

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not quite the same calorically (is that a word?), but there's a marathon in Richmond, BC that hits every Starbucks in the city - http://www.e-venti.ca/.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Donut [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the tour was pretty sweet. I was going for quick raw time, but I think I got beat by a pair of guys that were working together the whole way, whereas I was on my own for a lot of it (but on a tri bike, so maybe its fair)

this tells most of the story:

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply

Prev Next