Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Slowtwitcher Uli [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh, thanks Herbie!

Quote | Reply
No need to thank me. You had the awesome marathon and I am just impressed by that performance.

But maybe you need to thank your wife / girlfriend for letting you train so much. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Slowtwitcher Uli [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude...that is stupid fast....Herbert, change the title of the thread to "ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC"
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Slowtwitcher Uli [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes Sir :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rock on...now the only thing we are missing is that the Olson twins greeted Uli at the finish line...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congratulations, very impressive !

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now the only thing we are missing is that the Olson twins greeted Uli at the finish line...

Quote | Reply
Killer race, congrads!!

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWESOME!

Quote | Reply
Amazing time.......but that signed poster is even better! what does it say???? and is that her telephone number at the bottom!!! oh dare to dream!!!!

JL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert, change the title of the thread to "ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC"

Indeed. Great time. You know the funny thing about running a time like that at any of the big Marathons is that despite their being tens of thousands of people running in these massive events, you are often running in no-mans land between the elites and the masses and running much of the race all on your own!The masses start coming in around 2:50.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Slowtwitcher Uli [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Uli is not even from the African continent. :-)
Last edited by: Herbert: Nov 2, 08 18:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job Uli !

You do realize that we expect a full race report and that you are now expected to contribute fully and constantly to all running related threads :)

Congrats again !

Terry

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Slowtwitcher Uli [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forget about the race report...we need a report about what happens next after Ms. Radcliffe gives the German her phone number...
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Slowtwitcher Uli [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You do realize that we expect a full race report and that you are now expected to contribute fully and constantly to all running related threads :)

Well, noone listens to me anyway and I definitely will spare you another boring race report but you might enjoy a couple of pics from race week...

This guy will be racing IM Arizona (not sure if this year)! Who knows him? ;)

Last edited by: uli: Nov 3, 08 2:49
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC marathon [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uli...mein lieber Scholli!

Fantastic time on a course not reknown for PBs. Stellar. Go 2:29.59 on a fast course now!

Super.

Axel
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC marathon [Axel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danke Axel :)

2:29 is blasphemy!

Did you race Florida?

Re: ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC marathon [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uli, that doughboy Armstrong should have signed up for 100/100 if he really wanted to run 2:34....yeah, so when are we seeing 2:29...as it stands you are letting that biker from Dresdener-Kleinworth crush your dreams...is this acceptable?

EDIT: Please confirm that this race time was achieved without compression socks :-) :-) :-)
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 3, 08 5:00
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC marathon [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
EDIT: Please confirm that this race time was achieved without compression socks :-) :-) :-)

Oh dear god, YES! Shorts and singlet is all you need. Add a woolen hat for the first 3 miles and white gloves for the first 18.

Also, no watch for the race, never a HRM in training. And, of course, no supplements, just real food apart from three gels during the race. Call it modern old school. ;)

Btw, I plan to race Kona again one day. Bike will be a 1980s singlespeed with a road bar. No swim training before race week. Run goal: sub3.

Re: ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC marathon [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We want to see a pic as proof that you were not wearing compression socks. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Uli Crushes Lance's dreams by running 2:34 at NYC marathon [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there will be pics later. I'll just have to cut out my ugly mug.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We want to see a pic as proof that you were not wearing compression socks. :-)

I am in that group but - mind you - not the guy with the Oakleys, tritop, Skins, compression socks and Asics Noosa. He's an ex top-duathlete from Switzerland and beat me handily. I am the fat guy.

Quote | Reply
I only see anorexic skinny guys in this picture. You guys could hang out with New York runway fashion models and share a grain of rice for lunch. There are no fat guys in this picture. Even Normann would be a fat guy compared to all the skinny guys in that shot :-).

Did you close the race off with a sub 70 400m? Did Ms. Radcliffe return your phone call about dinner? These are important things that remain unanswered on this thread!
Quote Reply

Prev Next