Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Craig Alexander stolen bikes
Quote | Reply
A note from Craig:

Last night, us and 4 of our neighbours were broken into and a large number of items were stolen, including Craigs bikes, a car, scooter, surf boards, golf clubs, tools etc.

We are looking for your assistance to spread these details far and wide. Feel free to send on the attached document with Crime Stopper Ph number 1800 333 000 as we feel that flooding the market with details for such a unique bike may help it be recovered.

Most important for us was that both of Craigs Orbea bikes (road and time trial/racing bike) were stolen along with a bunch of other bike/cycling equipement.

See the document photos and details of the 2 Bikes stolen.

Black 51 cm ORBEA ORDU bike (Craigs race bike).
This bike is very unique as there are only a handful of bikes in Australia that have the Shimano Di2 electronic group sets on it. It also has a Shimano Protype SRM power meter installed on the bike. This is distinctive by looking at the crank drive arm. This is the only one in Australia and there are only a handful of the world.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance,
Nerida and Craig Alexander

Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That suck but anyone stupid enough to steal a bike off of such a well known ahtlete will most likely be dumb enough to try to sell on ebay. i say it is recovered abanded somewhere minus wheels soon as they find out who they ripped off.

Quote | Reply
that sucks, I just saw that on his Facebook:
Last night my black ORBEA ORDU 51cm bike with Shimano Di2 Electronic gears and SRM, along with my road bike and a bunch of other cycling equipment was STOLEN from my garage. Please contact crime stoppers in Australia on 1800 333 000 if you see or hear anything. I will post photos as soon as I can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the picture:

Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That suck but anyone stupid enough to steal a bike off of such a well known ahtlete will most likely be dumb enough to try to sell on ebay. i say it is recovered abanded somewhere minus wheels soon as they find out who they ripped off.

You honestly think anyone but a triathlete knows who Craig Alexander is? The thief probably thinks it's a "cool looking 10 speed".
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [Ramser1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Here's the picture:

It looks sooo sweet, you could almost forgive the guy for stealing it. After you had ripped his arms off obviously.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That does suck. Have no idea who he is but can sympathize over stolen equipment.

This is the reason I keep absolutely nothing in my garage. They are too easy to get in to and every time you open that huge door, you expose all its contents to the outside world for everyone to see. All my stuff lives inside the house, out of view.
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Aren't the wheels considered prototypes too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's also pretty funny that a CAR was stolen and everyone is like OMG the bike is missing.
Grant it, that bike probably costs more than my car.
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [Sully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the car was stolen next door, not from Craig Alexander's house. But not that it should make much of a difference, stolen is stolen.
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [FastandFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He will most likely find out if the local news picks it up.

Quote | Reply
That sucks, but I bet with it being Craig's bike and him being such a high profile person in Tri it will show back up.

Last year someone tried stealing one of Lance Armstrongs bikes, that did not workout so well for them.

I bet it shows up soon though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Front page online news in the major Sydney paper

http://www.smh.com.au/...e-20100302-pduu.html
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [viggen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That does suck. Have no idea who he is but can sympathize over stolen equipment.

This is the reason I keep absolutely nothing in my garage. They are too easy to get in to and every time you open that huge door, you expose all its contents to the outside world for everyone to see. All my stuff lives inside the house, out of view.

Ok, I will sound like the DB here, but you don't know who Craig Alexander is? World Ironman Champion 2 years in a row, 2008 and 2009.

Sorry, I know that comes across douchey, but I had to ask, my fingers wouldn't let me stop from being a dick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

5'11" and a 51cm bike.

Wow.
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [mrcurtain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's pretty idiotic, stealing the most recognizeable bike in Australia, even if they stripped parts people would still know. I hope they get caught.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
5'11" and a 51cm bike.

Wow.

Why?

I'm pushing 6'1 and will be on a 51 P3 at somepoint the 54 is too long for me.

It has nothing to do with how tall you are, it has a lot to do with how long your torso is compared to the rest of you body. Short torso, smaller frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing...

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [Raul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GASP... Some age group athletes don't know nor care who wins Ironman.. I'm shocked just shocked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6-3 and was once on a 51cm Tiemeyer.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what was a bike like that doing in the garage? I would have it under lock and key inside my house.
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [draketriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, was that sarcasm!?!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [Raul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No never i mean bet there are at least, AT LEAST 15 percent of the triathlon population that can name over 10 male pros and 5 female pros. Possibly even lower in the U.S.

That said, and I'm not trying to be an ass but why is everyone making this out to be a big deal? First off he's a fully sponsored athlete i doubt orbea would have a big issue sending him another bike under the circumstances, second of all, if he has homeowners insurance they would probably have a check cut for him within a week or two. So i'm really not seeing the tragedy in this.

Grant
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [draketriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No never i mean bet there are at least, AT LEAST 15 percent of the triathlon population that can name over 10 male pros and 5 female pros. Possibly even lower in the U.S.

I can name maybe five male pros and Chrissie Wellington. What do I win?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Craig Alexander stolen bikes [GMAN 19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I can name maybe five male pros and Chrissie Wellington. What do I win?

haha i'll give you a pat on the back. I'd have hard time with women for Ironman, i could easily think of 10-15 in ITU but definitely not in Ironman
Quote Reply

Prev Next