Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chamois Butter for Women?
Quote | Reply
Hey Ladies - Which kind of chamois butter do you find is best? I just bought some Assos, but my husband tells the "tingly" feeling may not be so welcome for women before getting on the bike.... thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [slowy-gonzales] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A fellow ST'r did a review just a few weeks ago. You can find her blog here:

http://megankillian.wordpress.com/...hamois-cream-review/
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [oktriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect! Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't speak from personal experience but most of the women that ride for our shop team and come into our store use and like Hoo Ha Ride Glide.

http://www.reflectsports.com/anti-chafing-skin-cream
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote=kylie]
You know you are a triathlete when:
... you swear by a product named
[url=http://www.okolestuff.com/Okole_Stuff/Home.html]

Okole stuff[/url] ("butt stuff" in Hawaiian)
to avoid the band-aids "down there"

... your dog knows the difference between running clothes and cycling clothes, and goes loopy for the first kind, and sulks in her crate at the second.
... you have a cabinet dedicated to water bottles and training fuel.
... the first change you made to your newly purchased home was the garage bike rack for the good bikes. [end quote]

Hope this helps.

PoC

geoffwhite.ws
Last edited by: princeofclydes: Jul 8, 10 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [jfergus7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can't speak from personal experience but most of the women that ride for our shop team and come into our store use and like Hoo Ha Ride Glide.http://www.reflectsports.com/anti-chafing-skin-cream[/reply[/url]]

I may have to buy that just becasue I like the name so much!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoo Ha Ride Glide is a great name!

I'm a chick vote for Assos though....I love it. It has been a lifesaver for me on long rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Zabriskie has a new product just for women. His mens version (DZ Nutz) is awesome - and tingly). There is a youtube video somewhere about his release and Jens Voigt joking was asking what it was going to be called since Nutz wouldn't really be appropriate. He smirked, dunno', how about Lipz? ;-)

Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [oktriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great article, my wife read it a couple of weeks ago and switched to Assos. Goes through about a jar a week.

Can't convince her to start biking though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if there is something wrong with me, or very right, that I don't need this stuff, ever. Hmmm.

I can't figure why a difference for men and women?

Time for a story though: My BF asked me to wash his gym clothes so I went into his gym bag and saw a brand new bottle of KY. I thought...well allright! well a few weeks passed and I never saw this again, ever. Like where I thought I might!
Laundry time....a few weeks later (ok we DO laundry in between! just didnt go inhis bag) the bottle is almost done! I was like WTF??? WHERE and HOW and WHO is he using this with?
felt real dumb when he explained that he uses it as chamois cream and also with his wetsuit.
So I guess that works for him. It'd likely work for women as well!
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [jacknine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very funny! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get it either. Neither my wife nor I ever use any of that stuff never have any issues...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This stuff is great, even Shania Twain uses it.
Only $10.00 a tin and a little goes a long way.

http://www.leevalley.com/...0255&cat=2,42551

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't get it either. Neither my wife nor I ever use any of that stuff never have any issues...

I agree, never needed to use anything. Now, if one is doing RAAM, I understand. Are folks riding tons of miles to need this stuff?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife uses KY in front and Chamois Butter in the back.

Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I agree, never needed to use anything. Now, if one is doing RAAM, I understand. Are folks riding tons of miles to need this stuff?

You both/all should consider yourselves lucky!! I've been racing for 25 years and can't ride without something.

I used to swear by Chamois Butt'r but since being on Team Aquaphor, I've switched and swear by Aquaphor.

COBB MOBB 2014, 2015
Team Cambridge 2014, 2015
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [gts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

You both/all should consider yourselves lucky!! I've been racing for 25 years and can't ride without something.

I used to swear by Chamois Butt'r but since being on Team Aquaphor, I've switched and swear by Aquaphor.

Just wondering, is this for any distance, or after a certain number of miles in a day, or miles in a week? If I am lucky, wise I had more things like this.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Aquaphor prior to the ride. Any distance. The stuff is awesome, washes out in the laundry too.
Plus you can use it for so many other things, babies, chaffing, wound care. Its used in hospitals in the
burn units. Great product.

:) Yes.. a plug for my sponsor! But I really do love the stuff.

COBB MOBB 2014, 2015
Team Cambridge 2014, 2015
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [gts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ASSOS is the best!
and i kinda like the tingle! ;)

Isaiah 40:31 - Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crotch Guard Skin Care Oil. I can't stand gloppy, pastey, slimy nastiness. This stuff is awesome.

http://www.bikecyclingreviews.com/Crotch_Guard.html

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, that's the Bliss (included in my review). I just can't get it to work for me though- I wore it on a 50mile ride and ended up with hot spots (and it made me really itchy?). I'd like to try the "men's" version though since i like the tingle.

-----
Follow me on Twitter! megankillian
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois Butter for Women? [jacknine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bahahahaha....

-----
Follow me on Twitter! megankillian
Quote Reply